Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible Season 4 Villian?!

Sir.Flutter Hooves

It's also possible that each one is meant for a certain twilight time of the day.

Sunset Shimmer = the twilight hours as the sun sets.

Twilight Sparkle = the twilight hours as the sun rises.

Still opposites. Maybe SS is also related to the Nightmare Moon days? Maybe she was to NM as Twilight is to Celestia?

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

HOLD IT GUYS

This theory is quite valid.

It has been confirmed a new villain is appearing in Season 4.

Now, let's go over the villains genders.

Season One Opener: Female

Season Two Opener: Male

Season Two Finale: Female

Season Three Opener: Male

Season Four Opener: ???

You follow the pattern.

I have deduced long ago we are getting a female villain, and since Sunset Shimmer is female, and with a backstory of being the previous student of Celesia, they may as well confirmed new Season Four villain.

So, this theory might be correct, since Sunset is the previous student of Celestia, and Twilight, as Sunset, could resign as her postion as Celestia's student, making her the ex-student.

Edited by Velvet Remedy
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Well, yeah, but I see her more as a  demi-villian like Trixie, or Gilda, or Babs. I think she may be reappearing as a student or a veteran student, and rival to Twilight Sparkle. Maybe even threatening to take Twilight's place, should she fail in her royal duties. Maybe she's just an element to invoke some sort of suspense or fear.

She could have even been trained at the same time as Twilight, maybe had the same expectations put on her as Twilight, and couldn't handle the pressure, and is now bitter at her former peer.

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

(edited)

It is funny you should mention something like this, because I wrote a fanfiction just like that. Called Revenge of a Fallen Student, but with a realy pony named Sunset Shimmer taking over. I like the theory to, really good thinking material man.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/92907/revenge-of-a-fallen-student

/)

Edited by Sir.Derpington Hooves
  • Brohoof 3

Huh...

You know, I had my doubts about Sunset Shimmer really having anything to do with the show itself, but now I'm not so sure.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

You ponies have certainly planted a seed of doubt in my mind, I'll give ya that. I'll wait to see what happens. I will, of course, stick around to see what other interesting theories you folks have about this, though. I myself have nothing to share; I will be a mere observer. You won't even notice me!

*Stands uncomfortably close to all the posters*

• Brohoof 1

While these theories are all very interesting and well-thought out, I must be a butt and drop some truth in here. Directly from McCarthy herself.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JPigvLatycA/UUjIkHLq43I/AAAAAAABW3g/CI45Qm91kI0/s1600/1.jpg

That was already brought up in the first post. This thread pretty much assumes that she was in fact lying, which... you know, I don't go around accusing people of being liars, but if this was a big plot point and they wanted to cover it up...

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Well, that would be the way to do it.

Like I said though, interesting stuff and I want to listen in.

That was already brought up in the first post. This thread pretty much assumes that she was in fact lying, which... you know, I don't go around accusing people of being liars, but if this was a big plot point and they wanted to cover it up...

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Well, that would be the way to do it.

Like I said though, interesting stuff and I want to listen in.

Oh, I see. Didn't notice that before.

Still, when has Meghan lied to us before? And the April Fools pranks don't count.

Also, you'll ruin your lungs with that pipe.

Still, when has Meghan lied to us before? And the April Fools pranks don't count.

It's cool, brah.

True, that's why I made it clear that I wouldn't accuse anypony of lying without prove, especially not staff from the show.

Ruin?

I think you mean improve, my friend.

*Takes a longer puff on pipe but then respectfully blows smoke away from Addem*

(edited)

It's already been stated that Sunset Shimmer will not appear in the show. Sad, I know, but true.

Well... that's at least in their current plans, she may worm her way in in later seasons.

Source:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/sunset-shimmer-no-in-show.html

Edit: My bad, hadn't refreshed the page in a while. Pointless post/10

Edited by Calekai

It's already been stated that Sunset Shimmer will not appear in the show. Sad, I know, but true.

Well... that's at least in their current plans, she may worm her way in in later seasons.

Source:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/sunset-shimmer-no-in-show.html

Edit: My bad, hadn't refreshed the page in a while. Pointless post/10

Ha ha, it's cool, my friend, happens to me all the time, and I'm sure it happens to a lot of other folks on here as well.

But as you said, it's pretty much a solid fact that Sunset Shimmer is not going to appear on the show.

You know, unless the staff has suddenly taken to trolling us super hard or something.

(edited)

Hasbro lied to us about Twilicorn and looked what happened next. If Twilicorn happened, there's a good chance SS will appear, with her intent as stated above. In fact, take a look at this link (http://www.mylittleponynews.com/2013/03/sunset-shimmer-backcard.html) It says that she was a student of Princess Celestia, with the emphasis on the word "was". Surely there's no denying it knowing this! I mean, think of the raw magical power that SS would have at her disposal.....

Edited by Dark Shadow

Ah yes first there was Nightmare Moon, then there was Discord, next Chrysilis and her army of changlings, after that there was King Sombra evil dictator of the Crystal Empire. Now we have....Sunset Shimmer....Yeah dosen't really sound all that evil now does it?

That being said I would love to have a rival for Twilight and seeing as Trixie made amends with Twilight I could see this "Sunset Shimmer" being a nice candidate. It's all there, she has a legitimate reason not to like Twilight. Plus she has a rather cool design.

Also, seeing as they want to reform every single villain, should Sunset Shimmer be the antagonist for a while I could see her being reformed and being the "green ranger" of the group. She doesn't have to be a permanent member of the mane cast but think about it. King Sombra has returned and is about to land the killing blow on Twilight and her friends but then Sunset Shimmer conveniently pops out of nowhere and summons her Dragon Zord, saving the day. [Ok well that last part wouldn't happen, as much as I'd like to see Megazords in MLP.]

All in all I think this could work. As long as Hasbro is smart enough to no only use the character but to use her right. I suppose only time will tell.

Ha ha, it's cool, my friend, happens to me all the time, and I'm sure it happens to a lot of other folks on here as well.

But as you said, it's pretty much a solid fact that Sunset Shimmer is not going to appear on the show.

You know, unless the staff has suddenly taken to trolling us super hard or something.

While we all still here and talking 'bout this here hoodoo, you got a light? *pulls out a pipe* it's rightly time for me to put my thinking cap on again
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the Sunset rivalry could always be rolled in the other direction with Sunset being Celestia's new student and Twilight feeling that - despite her elevation - she's lost her place. I think that might be more interesting than having her as another vengeful avenger bent on vengeance.

• Brohoof 1

While we all still here and talking 'bout this here hoodoo, you got a light? *pulls out a pipe* it's rightly time for me to put my thinking cap on again

Of course, here you go, my friend!

*Gives a light to Dark Shadow*

Always love spreading the friendship around, brother.

Well, the Sunset rivalry could always be rolled in the other direction with Sunset being Celestia's new student and Twilight feeling that - despite her elevation - she's lost her place. I think that might be more interesting than having her as another vengeful avenger bent on vengeance.

That's actually not a bad idea at all! That sounds like it could be a good plot for an episode or something. Kudos.

(edited)

I found an image that explains everything. It is infact Hasbro looking in their time capsule to get previous ideas from the older shows they made...

img-1337457-1-257273__safe_twilight-spar

Either this is a joke, or a very valid point. Still, I stick to my own beliefs, and they are that Sunset Shimmer will return to get revenge on Celestia for forgetting and replacing her, and on Twilight for upstaging her,

*takes a puff of pipe*

because SHE was supposed to be the one with alicorn wings, a horn, and the title of princess, not this "Twilight Sparkle" she heard so little of.

Edited by Dark Shadow

Either this is a joke, or a very valid point. Still, I stick to my own beliefs, and they are that Sunset Shimmer will return to get revenge on Celestia for forgetting and replacing her, and on Twilight for upstaging her,

*takes a puff of pipe*

because SHE was supposed to be the one with alicorn wings, a horn, and the title of princess, not this "Twilight Sparkle" she heard so little of.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Well, I've said myself it actually sounds like an interesting story line, but I guess if you believe that the staff are trying to cover up a plot leak through the toys, that's fine too.

I'm just going to wait this out and see how it goes. For all we know, Sunset Shimmer might not be in the show, but there's a pony like her with the same motivations and a different design and name.

We'll just have to see, unless more information gets leaked before next season, which I don't doubt we'll learn a lot about next season before it comes.

First of all, what's with the pipe puffing? huh.png

Second, that is a very interesting observation on the Transformer toy and Sunset Shimmer. I definitely can't see Twilight being killed off the show or anything, but Sunset could be the new unicorn of the group. It's also possible that she's just a cool toy used to troll us all.

(edited)

First of all, what's with the pipe puffing? img-1341997-1-huh.png

Second, that is a very interesting observation on the Transformer toy and Sunset Shimmer. I definitely can't see Twilight being killed off the show or anything, but Sunset could be the new unicorn of the group. It's also possible that she's just a cool toy used to troll us all.

Firstly, it's beyond me why I took up smoking on this forum, but, *puffs on pipe* I guess there are some bandwagons you just can't resist jumping on. Secondly, Twilight obviously won't get killed off, but to continue the plotline I started on page 1, after being forced into exile Twilight begins her plan to restore order by first sneaking back into Ponyville and freeing her friends from the spell Sunset Shimmer put them under that made them think she was their true princess (and as a side order the spell made them hunt down Twilight if she was ever discovered in Ponyville again) After that, the mane 6 then make their way into Canterlot Castle to begin the final showdown with SS. At first Twilight tries to reason with SS, but then she reminds Twilight that she never deserved the title of princess because no one worked as hard as her for it. But finally, after a long, hard fight Twilight manages to hit home by revealing to Sunset that she became a princess not with hard work alone, but with friends to support her and be with her. Besides, friendship is magic and Sunset never had time for friends, which is what opens her eyes; To deserve the princesshood of magic, she had to make friends and help them just as much as the mane 6 helped Twilight on her journey. And so, Sunset Shimmer is reformed, and Twilight happily resumes her position as princess of magic. The episode doesn't end there though; for her first decree as princess, Sunset then becomes Twilight's first student, teaching her the ways of friendship and magic.

Tell us what you guys think, because this is my personal plotline for the opening two parts to S4. To me, it deserves a Pulitzer happy.png     

Edited by Dark Shadow
  • Brohoof 1