Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do women look for in a man?

CastletonSnob

Okay so just to be straight up, im a bro(ny). I can sing, draw, im definatley not ugly (or so ive been told by many people), and i have a good personality... i hope, but i still dont have a girlfriend. why? not 100%, but i like mlp which was a large issue in my last relationship. you should probably find your self a good pegasister. theyd be much more loyal to you and much more pleasant to talk with if she likes mlp too. but just remember the ONLY way to attain a girlfriend is to LITERALLY be yourself. especially around the girl(s) you like. ~~~~its the onlyyy waaaayyyy~~~~ but seriously. be yourself, not somepony who is trying to hard to be something hes not.

well what i look for in a guy would be this

• honesty (HUGE thing since i have trust issues and overall it is the best policy)
  • good personality (no douches)
  • respect
  • is ok when i beat them at video games (you would be surprised how much some guys freak out when a girl beats them)
  • likes MLP:FiM (for those that dont know these males refer to themselves as "bronies" and are extremely hard to find. if only there was like a forum where i could find these malestongue.png ) 
  • Brohoof 2

There are lots of things I like to look for in boys...a really good sense of humor, and someone who's not afraid to talk about their feelings. I hate it when boys always change the subject when sadness is involved. blush.png  I honestly just want someone who is willing to try the things I like and who is not afraid to tell me when the relationship isn't going well. I want a boy who is honest and truthful (like Applejack) smile.png I don't really care for how strong they are or if they play sports. Just a boy who will stand up for me and always be there.

In my experience, the thing a woman wants most in a man is to actually BE a man, to put it rather old-fashionedly (is that even a word?). I've always been a shy, nice guy by nature. I've also had very few girlfriends in my life. See a connection?

It's a matter of temperament: submissive / withdrawn / insecure (beta), vs. dominant / outgoing / confident (alpha). Women *tend* to see outgoing, approachable alphas who are headstrong and take charge of their situations as the best potential mates. This is *not* always the case, as there are certainly ones who see submissive beta types - who constantly seem to have a flock of butterflies in their stomachs - as cute.

That said, let me elaborate more on alphas, for there are two subtypes: The lovable jackass and the A-hole. LJ's have no trouble teasing the fairer sex about one thing or another. And despite what the whole "all women are immensely insecure" stereotype may have you believe, many of them actually enjoy being teased...to varying degrees, of course. It shows you've got balls, wit, and a sense of humor...but only as long as you MAKE IT CLEAR that you're only kidding - perhaps with a wily smile. If she's receptive, she'll make a retort, which you should take in stride. Don't ever let your jokes devolve into mean-spiritedness; this is what total A-holes use to manipulate women by hammering away at their insecurities until they become nervous wrecks with no self-esteem. Most unfortunately, a lot of women fall victim to these guys, to the point where it's kind of become another stereotype.

What does all this mean? Probably not much, for you see, women are just as complex as we are, and everything I've said cannot be applied to *all* of them. It's just meant to encourage you, if you are one of those submissive beta types like I was, to expand your horizons and take some risks in the ways you interact with the other sex. Your temperament is not unmalleable; you can shape it over time. It's all in the mind. Tell yourself "I'm a studmuffin" enough, and you'll actually start to believe it on a subconscious level. You will become a more confident person, and no matter what kind of man a woman prefers, extra confidence will always boost your chances. THAT is the main point I'm trying to get across.

Note that I'm not telling you that you need to change who you are as a person, just to improve what's already there. There is a clearly definable line between "being someone you're not" and "self-actualization". We can all strive to be friendlier, more outgoing and confident people; we can all strive for self-betterment.

Hope that helps somewhat. Take it with a grain of salt, if you please. I also hope it doesn't come off as insensitive or generalizing for either sex. This is just advice based off of MY experience, which I don't claim to be the be-all, end-all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

girls generally like guys who behave chivalric, or gentlemanly, but in the end it depends ENTIRELY on what kind of girl you're looking for. bimbo hoe chicks like assholes, good looking outgoing girls like good looking outgoing guys. me personally, as a shy nerd... i love a sweetheart. someone who you look in the eye and can trust, KNOWING they would never do anything to harm you. i don't really look for good looking guys because i'm not good looking either. so what loss there is in attractiveness has to make up for in personality and interests. i like guys who have similar interests to myself, someone i can not only date, but be best friends with.

Edited by crazitaco

• 1 month later...

Well it varies from woman to woman what she wants in a guy but in general usually what they are lookin for is kind, gentlemen qualities like opening doors , doing house work etc.

I would never try to call myself any sort of expert on what women want but let's look at it this way: There are no ACTUAL standards for either guys or girls. There's only standards of yourself. If you think you are good enough for someone else then chances are there's someone else out there who will find that attractive about you and like you for the you that YOU like (holy crap that was convoluted). Remember we spend roughly 80 years on this planet so there is absolutely no reason to rush into relationships just because you think your loneliness is harming you in some way that detriments the million other things in your life that aren't affected by you being in a relationship. There's more to your life than whether you have someone or not.

Now what about you and what YOU want in a partner? Should you have standards or should you just like someone who likes you regardless of what type of person they are or what they look like? Well that's entirely up to you. Remember that standards are self-imposed and how strongly you hold to them is entirely up to you. It's possible to have standards so ridiculously high in the name of satisfaction or "class" that you are never satisfied by anyone and you continue to throw out the partners in your life because they might not hold to said standards. It's important to be malleable and allow your thoughts and opinions of others to change and sometimes change who you are. It's not wrong for your personality to change because of those around you, especially if the influence is more positive than negative.

But if you can be loyal, kind and funny.. And look like this You're probably appreciated.  

Haha! On the contrary, I am 100% female and I don't find this as attractive as you may think. Too "perfect" and honestly the whole torso looks fake. I am sure that it is real and congratulations for being so fit, but my dream guy doesn't need to look this ridiculous to catch my attention. 

I, too, am looking for class. A good gentleman with a kind heart and a gut-busting sense of humor. One that will bear going to the mall with me just as I would bear an action flick for him. I want a guy that I can count on and understands me. I tend to be more mature than the people I hang out with, so I would need a guy with a mature mind and mature sense of humor. Of course looks are a factor, but I'm not expecting Mr. ModelMuscleMan. As long as he is kind, funny, intelligent, classy, and likes to be with me, I will be peachy-keen laugh.png

Ten Monopoly dollars says every person in this topic has new "visitors" on their page at least twice after they post in this topic. Another fiver says 90% of these "visitors" are male and desperate. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Well,

-Kind

-Respectable

-Doesn't treat their girlfriend like shit

-The same interests, are always good.

-Calm

-A sense of humor is always good to have

-That's really all there is to it...to me at least. 

(edited)

Most girls tell me that they want someone who is nice to them and respect them. I also think looks play a big part in it to at least get things started. Then it's wealth, girls don't mind that too much, but it's something that actually does help.

Personality matters to them, but of course what personality they like is different. They also do like funny and friendly guys.

Even though I know what they look for, I am not good with the ladies in fact I'm horrible. I'm nice, respectful, friendly and I do got some cash well I'm doing ok. My personality is ok, I try being overall a nice guy but yet I'm a loner.. That's because I'm loosing one of the key elements here. Self confidence, which comes from either great looks, great looking car or simply enough ego to make you believe you are awesome.

Well that key element is one of those things that are hardest to get, being self confident might seem easy to those who already have it but to those who lack it. It isn't easy to get, but it can be done and I'm trying to boost up my confidence.

So yeah, I guess it's all about self confidence, I think that's what women look for in a man.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

There's nothing that all women want, just like there's nothing that all men want. We all have our different ideas of the ideal partner, with different things that we "look for" in people. It probably wouldn't be such a bad idea to take care of yourself, be confident, and really put yourself out there, so to speak.

• Brohoof 1

There's nothing that all women want, just like there's nothing that all men want. We all have our different ideas of the ideal partner, with different things that we "look for" in people. It probably wouldn't be such a bad idea to take care of yourself, be confident, and really put yourself out there, so to speak.

Be confident? Put myself out there? What are these strange concepts you speak of? Teach me your grand secrets, wise master Twiliscael.

• Brohoof 2

You know that makes me think of an interesting thought:

Women (and men) are not targets or prizes to be won so looking at every person you pass on the street as a potential mate is probably more unhealthy than it could be but at the same time, how does anyone know if you are available or even looking if you never express it? Maybe it changes from person to person but would you wait for someone to ask you or would you literally ask out every person you run into until someone says yes?

Food for thought. :P

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Be confident? Put myself out there? What are these strange concepts you speak of? Teach me your grand secrets, wise master Twiliscael.

Fair enough, buddy xP

Confidence? You've got to secure with yourself and everything that comes along with being, well, you. If you're really shy and unsure about yourself out there, it definitely shows. Have you ever seen someone in public who you can just sort of tell is insecure and socially awkward? I don't mean to judge people like that, but really, you and I both know you can tell who those people are. Do you think that the majority of people will want to talk or get to know you if you don't even want to embrace yourself? I don't think so. Be happy with yourself and everything that comes along with that, from how you look physically to what you're into.

Really putting yourself out there? It's basically what it says-putting yourself out there. You've got to be able to take the first step in getting to know and talk to people, whether it be for friends, colleagues, potential partners, or even just someone on the street who you have to ask for directions from. If you don't speak up and really let your presence be known, nobody is going to take notice of you and care to meet you. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is most of the time. Now, this is not to say go around and act like a loud pompous *insert bad word(s) here* and make sure everyone has to hear exactly who you are and what you think and yada yada yada. Nobody likes that. What people do like, though, is a charismatic fellow who can really get noticed for all the right reasons and can communicate with others.

I hope you were serious when you asked that mellow.png

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

That's completely unfair, and not funny at all. Women don't like to be disrespected - society has convinced us that we're not good enough. We're not tall enough, not thin enough, not pretty enough, and therefore, we don't "deserve" a good man. We don't go for douches because we like getting slapped or shouted at, women go for men like that because they're convinced they're ugly, fat, useless piles of nothing compared to everybody else.

Yeah sorry, what I said was really not funny. I was probably in a bad mood when I wrote that, I apologize for that very unfunny joke.

You may as well ask what human beings look for in other human beings. The answers are exactly as variable as that implies.

Focusing specifically on being attractive or starting a relationship is usually a mistake. Focus on your career and your hobbies. Improve yourself. Hold yourself to a higher standard each day than you did the day before.

Do all of this, not to make yourself more attractive, but because you want to. Sincerity is key to a healthy mind.

I haven't so much as thought about romance or intimacy in about six years or so, and my quality of life has only increased. Your happiness isn't contingent on the approval of others.

I should also add that no one owes you a relationship (or anything else), and no one is obligated to find you or anyone else attractive. There is nothing wrong with someone finding only physical attributes attractive.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I really want in a man is someone who doesn't only want a girlfriend for sex because The way my parents raised me was that when I get old enough and get a boyfriend, I will have no choice in sex, if he gets aroused, I must take care of his arousal, no matter what, and no matter what it takes. And now that I'm older, I realize how wrong this really is. Women aren't sex toys, we are humans.

Anyways, back on topic, I also look for good humour, no, Amazing humour! and fairly good looks and personality.

You may as well ask what human beings look for in other human beings. The answers are exactly as variable as that implies.

Focusing specifically on being attractive or starting a relationship is usually a mistake. Focus on your career and your hobbies. Improve yourself. Hold yourself to a higher standard each day than you did the day before.

Do all of this, not to make yourself more attractive, but because you want to. Sincerity is key to a healthy mind.

I haven't so much as thought about romance or intimacy in about six years or so, and my quality of life has only increased. Your happiness isn't contingent on the approval of others.

I should also add that no one owes you a relationship (or anything else), and no one is obligated to find you or anyone else attractive. There is nothing wrong with someone finding only physical attributes attractive.

Ah, you bring up an excellent point. Everyone's heard the "love yourself and someone will love you for that" line at least a couple times but where's the key to success for that? Do you just accept who you are and love that or maybe improving yourself does it? A broader knowledge of just about anything will lure more people to you out of curiosity. It's a good line of thinking to say "I'm not good enough yet" at least to some degree. Thinking that while in a depressive state has it's backlash but more or less you should always be looking to improve yourself in some way even if it means doing a lateral maneuver and trying something you have had no previous interest in or hell....something you might have previously hated. Sometimes people hate things without knowing much about it so when they learn more, they might find their opinion on the matter change entirely.

That was a longwinded way of saying "Go out there and do stuff. Exposure to your gender of choice and improvement of the self all in the same go!"

• Brohoof 1

Not "not good enough," but rather "I can be better." Not because you want a date, but because you expect more from yourself than anyone else does.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that wording is probably a bit less self-destructive. lmao

Words, I suck at them.

Spending your life waiting for a relationship will only lead to disappointment in life. Life is so much  more than that, even if a relationship can put an extra edge of YEAH into the other things.

Well apparently whatever it is it's stuff I don't have, or what the girls at my school look for, they show like no interest in me at all, any of them, and being a man expected to make a move, but also being shy equals the fact I'll probaly never get to dating. Or I haven't yet at 16.

I think girls look for different things though, of course generally girls have some things they look for in guys, but it still varies.

Then again I'm not a girl, and never dated, so maybe I'm not qualifyed to know or say.

• Brohoof 2

duhhhh! a big d... oops :)

it's really hard to guess what girls want these days, because there is a sea of different types of woman.

some just look for a man with money, that's how I see really pretty girls (like really pretty) with ugly guys that can't match them, others just want a good guy that listen to them, that understand them, that spend time with them, that treat them like girls, they look for a honest guy that can protect them. Confidence! =)

I agree with RD92 to an extent, some like douchebags that treat them like dirtbags, because they're the coolest kids around and besides...

sex seems to be really good :P

[/spoileR]

• Brohoof 1