Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do women look for in a man?

CastletonSnob

CLASS.

Holy hell.

I find class extremely attractive. Good manners, grammatically correct, nice, sweet..

Mainly because everyone nowadays is all "yolo" and "swag" and..stuff like that.

A good personality is also rather attractive.

That's another thing guys really don't understand nowadays. Just looking good won't get you a girlfriend. You have to not be a douche canoe. dry.png

Looks don't matter that much to me, I do my best to look past appearance. If you have a fantastic personality, then you're awesome and you deserve cookies. (Not gonna lie, some people just scare the hell out of me. happy.png )

Sense of humor is also good, but they should also know when they need to be serious.

Personally, I really don't care about wealth. As long as they make you happy. smile.png

My boyfriend is classy and sweet, has a great personality, and is easy to joke with but also knows when to be serious. He makes me incredibly happy as well. His smile makes me smile. So smile laugh.png

And he's pretty damn fine. happy.png

Oh, and liking ponies is a pretty good trait to have as well.

Everyone needs a soft side wink.png

• Brohoof 16

You realize women are people too right? They aren't some sort of prize that requires certain attributes to obtain. Of course I'd be lying if I said things like good looks and money didn't help, but it's all based on an individual level. 

I'm a guy, but I like to think that all women are different; hence they each value different attributes in different people. 

Treat them as you would any other friend. If your friendship evolves into something romantic, then all power to you. 

• Brohoof 11

(edited)

Respect, and not just for me. Just being a respectful person. Friendliness. Open mindedness. A sense of responsibility. No troubles like drugs, alcoholism, etc. (I had an ex that was like this, not doing it again.) Also - not wealth, but financial responsibility. And being funny doesn't hurt wink.png That's generally what I value at this point. Not just appearance - I kinda just went with appearance with aforementioned druggie, and...yeah...

But I haven't had much experience dating, so I don't really quite know everything that I look for in a guy or what I would want to avoid. I don't know what I don't know!

Edited by Powderpuff

(edited)

Honey, I know that you might be curious, but let's get real and talk about what men look for in other men:

-Sexy voice

-Good taste in movies

-makes funny jokes

-is gay (or you can seduce)

-is good enough for you

Edited by Giddyup

Women look for men who are complete douchebags and treat them like shit. So remember guys, just be a douchebag and all the girls will love you.

(kidding)

That's completely unfair, and not funny at all. Women don't like to be disrespected - society has convinced us that we're not good enough. We're not tall enough, not thin enough, not pretty enough, and therefore, we don't "deserve" a good man. We don't go for douches because we like getting slapped or shouted at, women go for men like that because they're convinced they're ugly, fat, useless piles of nothing compared to everybody else.

To get back on topic, I'm looking for a guy who 'gets' me. That, above everything else, is what I'm looking for. What I mean by that is someone who can follow my train of thought, since I can go from My Little Pony to Batman to school grades in a nanosecond, and I need a man to keep up with me when I'm like that. Also, I'm looking for humor, because I simply adore to laugh. And I'm easily amused, and laugh at the strangest things, so an unusual sense of humor is fine by me.

In physical appearances...? I don't know. I'd like to say scruff and tattoos, but of course, I couldn't bring someone like that home to my mother. :P I don't know. Someone hardworking, who can provide for me, and looks good with five o'clock shadow. xD

• Brohoof 8

That's completely unfair, and not funny at all. Women don't like to be disrespected - society has convinced us that we're not good enough. We're not tall enough, not thin enough, not pretty enough, and therefore, we don't "deserve" a good man. We don't go for douches because we like getting slapped or shouted at, women go for men like that because they're convinced they're ugly, fat, useless piles of nothing compared to everybody else.

To get back on topic, I'm looking for a guy who 'gets' me. That, above everything else, is what I'm looking for. What I mean by that is someone who can follow my train of thought, since I can go from My Little Pony to Batman to school grades in a nanosecond, and I need a man to keep up with me when I'm like that. Also, I'm looking for humor, because I simply adore to laugh. And I'm easily amused, and laugh at the strangest things, so an unusual sense of humor is fine by me.

In physical appearances...? I don't know. I'd like to say scruff and tattoos, but of course, I couldn't bring someone like that home to my mother. :P I don't know. Someone hardworking, who can provide for me, and looks good with five o'clock shadow. xD

I think that it's great that you make that point. People are sarcastic and dumb on the internet.

I may not be a girl, but I know that it can be hard. I'm glad that you love yourself enough to stand before everypony and say, "Aw, HELL NO!"

Keep it up, sweetheart! You're fabulous! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, Humor is my favorite attribute, but not like a gross humor o.o. Someone who is friendly. I like someone who is not afraid to be theirselves. If I had a boyfriend, it would probably be my best friend. But that's just me, and I'm weird.

• Brohoof 2

I think what women look for in a man is,

- Humor

- Honesty

- Generosity

- Kindness

- Good taste in Music, Movies, and other things.

- Respect

As long as your not a douchebag or a heartless person, then you will get a woman. Just be nice.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the woman. My friends and I have different taste in guys. I don't think my best friend and I will have to worry about liking the same guy, just because what we look for is different. :P There isn't a single answer. Just generally let your good qualities shine through, and the right girl will appreciate them.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion being a gentleman is the key to attract women, but if you're looking for b*****s (sorry for the inappropriate language) then act like a douche. Being a gentleman is good to get laid, but it's also good for you, it makes you a better person, and nowadays it's what we need most.

• Brohoof 1

In physical appearances...? I don't know. I'd like to say scruff and tattoos, but of course, I couldn't bring someone like that home to my mother. tongue.png I don't know. Someone hardworking, who can provide for me, and looks good with five o'clock shadow. xD

I don't think he meant any offense by his comment. The whole 'women only date douchebags' and 'friendzone' thing is definitely overblown on the internet, though they both have roots in reality.

It's no real secret that men are usually expected to make the first move right? It stands to reason that the so called 'douchebags' are likely to make a move on a girl before the nice/quiet boy, hence it is common for the jerk to get the woman.

Once again, this is very overblown and it's hardly the woman's fault. I know you don't like being mistreated, what human being would? Do men like it when women abuse them? Hell no; so why would it be any different the other way around?

Jerks just tend to be more outgoing. I believe that if both sexes were equally expected to make the first move (Not just pegging it as a 'mans job'), This wouldn't be such a big problem. 

Meh, what do I know anyways? I'm just some guy on the internet.

If I had a boyfriend, it would probably be my best friend. But that's just me, and I'm weird.

Finally, someone who makes sense! 

I've never gotten why people seem to think it's just fine to skip the whole 'friendship' part and skip straight to romantics. A relationship that is founded on nothing more than physical attraction more than likely is going to fail.

• Brohoof 4

Well to consider we could take this the advanced or just simply emotion way.

In advanced it would calculate to what the women is like first, for example: Funny, average body, attractive = Medium funny, average+ body, attractive or not. This is an advanced but its also about how they feel too, well now i must give you an example of that so lets just say that if both like something (movie, music, etc) and discuss what they like they will become friend... Right? No, its not 100% its all about emotions which need to be seriously taken. For you to know some emotions are negatives and some positives (others neutral)

and here in the world theres about 55% positive, 35% negative and 10% neutral, wait... Doing wrong stuff, well anyways lets just say this, a guy has his body of 30% positive 50% negative and 20% neutral and the girl in this case have 50% positive 20% negative 30% neutral, would they work together? Yes, since the negative one attracts the positive one, in short the one whos positive like the negative, the negative like the positive, BUT they maybe dont go first step of shyness or thinking the other dont like them back and just become friends then learn to that is a true relationship, while if they had gone first step both it would end in a failure.

Emotion way: Happy, Loving and a caring man can easily get a women... Well if you think about it theres lots of different women and they are not just toys that you can control, they are human beigns so just take in mind for all of the other guys out there (im a guy duh) dont act all buffy on women just go the way you really are and let things go smoothly, maybe you find someone you like, maybe not but remember life is life, now isnt it?

(edited)

- Humor

- Honesty

- Generosity

- Kindness

- Good taste in Music, Movies, and other things.

- Respect

Sounds a bit like the elements of harmony. wink.png Which makes sense, since both friendship and romance are based around forms of love. You've gotta be a good friend before you can be a good lover, because in the end your lover is your best friend. 

(I'm a guy, plus I've never been in a relationship, so I don't know if I'm in a position to give advice).

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

You realize women are people too right? They aren't some sort of prize that requires certain attributes to obtain. 

Treating women like people is a novel concept for some, sadly.  

They aren't vending machines.  You can't stuff friendship coins into them until sex falls out.

douche canoe. img-1350538-1-dry.png

I just like this term.

• Brohoof 5

it is different for everyone

for me he should be kinda unique, charismatic, nice, dominant and should make me feel safe

i need at least him to be protective toward me and not the otherway like always :\

(tall is kinda important to me too, if he is 190 at least we will have a nice height gap, wich is nice.)

of course that good looking is a huge plus and that money is a nice attachment as well, but it wont be THE thing that will make me choose someone

Finally, someone who makes sense! 

I've never gotten why people seem to think it's just fine to skip the whole 'friendship' part and skip straight to romantics. A relationship that is founded on nothing more than physical attraction more than likely is going to fail.

I'm trying to get into a romantic relationship with my best friend from childhood who I've liked for awhile. I'm anti-social, so if she's not interested in me (and by the way, I'm not one of those guys who pushes even harder about that. "WHT U NO LIEK MEH? WTF?!?!?!"), then I don't really know what to do.

(edited)

Apparently, everything that isn't Jokuc ;~;

But if you can be loyal, kind and funny.. And look like this

sexy-hunk-8a.jpg

You're probably appreciated.

@@Shankveld, you're probably not going to see this but, u like? c:

Anyways, even though I've read stuff that will be posted in this thread many times before, I'll read some posts in here. Cause well, why not.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

I'm trying to get into a romantic relationship with my best friend from childhood who I've liked for awhile. I'm anti-social, so if she's not interested in me (and by the way, I'm not one of those guys who pushes even harder about that. "WHT U NO LIEK MEH? WTF?!?!?!"), then I don't really know what to do.

To be completely honest, It all really depends on your friend. I don't know her very well, so I probably wouldn't give out the best advice...

Have you outright told her of your affections?

To be completely honest, It all really depends on your friend. I don't know her very well, so I probably wouldn't give out the best advice...

Have you outright told her of your affections?

No, but she knows. It was hinted to the point that it became obvious. For example, getting her a Valentines' Day gift. I know she liked me, in that way, a while back, but I think she moved on. To be honest, I am too, but it kind of feels bad to just forget an effort I've been putting forth for a couple years.

And my best friend knows, but he refuses to tell me, and won't tell me why. It's probably to protect her privacy, and I can understand that. However, it's pretty annoying to have someone who knows the answer to this whole thing, and doesn't tell you and get the whole thing done and over with.

Apparently, everything that isn't Jokuc ;~;

2242102-gamer-gifs-i-know-that-feel-bro.

All one can do is try not to be bitter about their love life.  (A tall order at times, for sure.)  In my experience, that bitterness sends most girls sprinting in the opposite direction.

• Brohoof 2

@@Crispy, Nah it is not all that bad. It's mostly because I stay inside all days and not meet new people, hahah. But thanks anyways Crispy :)

Well, in a man, you don't have to be real fancy. But I don't want you to act ghetto or something either. :P I don't mind any fancy things, and in my opinion, I wouldn't worry about your looks. Real women will love you for who you are. 

But as for other things, a women usually looks for a man who cares for her, and makes her feel COMFORTABLE. Someone they can laugh with and have fun with! Someone who can relate to them. :) Most women also love guys who can make them laugh. They also prefer guys who they can talk about their problems to, and who they won't feel socially awkward with. ;)

My suggestion is to act like yourself. They will love you for who you are! I'm sure your a great person, and don't try too hard to live up to other people's expections. You can't please everyone....so as long as you act like yourself, women will love you for it! 

Good luck!!! 

• Brohoof 2

I may be a guy, but I do realize a lot of things when interacting with girls. Every girl of course would love a guy who respects them and treats them well. That's obvious. The hard part for them is seeing whether a certain guy can have love chemistry with her. They want to see whether the guy in question can be a good father, a caring and comfy husband, and whether he's responsible. That's a BIG one.

Sometimes girls just don't see the way you see (talking to guys here), so it doesn't work out. Girls want someone who understands them not like a brother, but like a husband. There's a big difference there. Well, if a relationship (or crush) doesn't work out, there's probably a girl who can understand you, and that girl will probably be looking for the characteristics you have.

• Brohoof 1