Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snowdrop Fan Club

Claire Alsguard

Snowdrop is one of my favorite character. I'm not sure why, but I know that I like her. I guess I can relate on some level being that I was the kind of guy that sometimes people don't like it wanna be around. I am usually alone but feel that I have great ideas, similar to how snowdrop worked alone with her great idea. I guess that's probably really dumb sounding, but I don't really care. Snowdrop is also really cute

Also, I tried to make my avatar picture a picture of snowdrop but couldn't find a picture that I liked enough.

• Brohoof 2

This video was so touching. I don't know why I have a soft spot for things like that. I guess it's why I love this video so much.

(put it in a spoiler because it's kinda unrelated lol)

Snowdrop was probably one of the most adorable and touching videos I've ever seen. One of my absolute favorites. 

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 3

I am honestly never a huge fan of putting disabled characters on a pity bus, which is how this came off to me. It felt like those cheesy "christmas shorts" people play around christmas.

In terms of video quality if I remember the music, animation, and voice acting was great though. I can appreciate the message and effort they put into it.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I just finished to watch this video with my little brother. He crying, and I can't calm him down.

Today I watched My little Dashie first time, and Snowdrop. I have a mixed feels. I feel sad, I feel calm and peace. I have a tearly eyes and smile. Damn, ponies makes me too sensitive.

• Brohoof 1

I adore Snowdrop <3  She's by far my favorite OC or Fan Character.

I actually just commissioned a really awesome plushie maker for a Snowdrop plush :D  I'll definitely post a picture once I finally get her. <3

I am honestly never a huge fan of putting disabled characters on a pity bus, which is how this came off to me. It felt like those cheesy "christmas shorts" people play around christmas.

I honestly couldn't disagree more. I'm not sure how people think disabilities should be used in works of fiction.  I mean, if a writer makes a character disabled, and that's part of the plot, people automatically dismiss the character because they were made disabled just to tug on our heart strings.  Yet, if you make a character disabled for no reason, the same people would think it comes off as strange and unnecessary, which it would.  I think the bottom line is that yes, disabled characters face challenges which are inherently sad or depressing, but if fiction doesn't explore those things, then all of the millions of actual people facing disabilities have no fictional characters they can relate to, and how is that fair?

I think a more accurate assessment is whether the character was portrayed accurately.  In this case, from what I know from people I know in real life that are blind, I think Snowdrop is amazingly accurate.  She shares the desire for independence and the strength that I've seen in the people I've known that were blind, while also facing a lot of misunderstanding and outright cruelty from peers because of her difference.  Bottom line is I think it was a great portrayal that a lot of people could relate to, making the character a really wonderful character with a wonderful storyline.

And if nothing else, she's so cute I could hug her forever, so that's enough to get past any flaws in the story for me xD

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ME RASCO LAS PELOTILLLAS pensando en los ponyyes y en vosotrooos my amorsitos del alma cursi i tontito como las pelotillas de los espaguettys voladores en almibar

me duele eñl culete pfff pfff

• 2 months later...

Why the hay isn't anyone posting in here anymore?! In my opinion Snowdrop is best OC because of her story. Yeah I know there are a lot of great OC's but Snowdrop just has that 'umph' I can't describe. Her story is sad and depressing but happy at the same time! No words can explain how much I love Snowdrop. Almost as much as Rarity!

my-little-pony-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%

Snowdrop is best OC hands down.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Snowdrop is one of my favorite ponies, do feel sad at the end, like everybody else. It only (or first) fan made pony I got into. Love pony more than the fan made video. Do had dislike her class mates, specialy two who critcs her. Love to see more of her but Silly Filly Studio, said there be no Snowdrop 2, but do hope someone would made it but better. Also do like to see her be part or mention on the show, even it never goung to hope.

Isn´t snowdrop an unofficial character? Not saying this fanclub is an unnecessary, she is indeed an interesting pony.

thank_you___snowdrop_by_neko_me-d5zhoaw_

I like Snowdrop now even more than I did before. I didn't cry while watching the video but her story really stayed with me. I think it affected many other bronies too, because we're still making art and writing stories about her.

• Brohoof 2

<3 Glad to see activity is picking up in this adorable filly's fanclub again.  She needs more love than she gets.

my-little-pony-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%

• Brohoof 2

<3 Glad to see activity is picking up in this adorable filly's fanclub again.  She needs more love than she gets.

I agree! Maybe she would be more popular if her portrayal in the animation was deeper and less melodramatic. Still, she's a really interesting character with a wonderful design. There's just so much potential in her. Art and fanfiction have delved into that a bit, but something tells me her finest hour is yet to come. I want to know what she was like as a mare.

sno19%20mare_snowdrop__svg__by_hankoffic

I think if I write something about Snowdrop, I won't take the "I'm blind, feel sorry for me" road. Her real problem isn't being sightless, because what does that mean to a pony who has never known sight? Her real problem is that she's very lonely and (until Luna perhaps) has only her mother and her teacher for emotional support. We don't need to pity Snowdrop because she's not weak. On the contrary, it takes a lot of strength to make something of yourself in the environment she grew up in.

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...

Snowdrop is probably my favorite OC ever. I feel she deserves to be an actual character in the show and stay a filly like she was in that video, even though the story takes place 1,000 years ago.

Another thing, I don't even know why it takes place 1,000 years ago. Was it so that Snowdrop could die and add to the video's ''feels''?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Snowdrop was one of the biggest reasons, why I started to watch the show at all... and I still like her and the animation, even if the release date of the animation is a few years ago now.

It's not only that Snowdrop is just so cute, but the animation also has some quite interesting metaphors and "wisdoms". I really like the morale and the stylistic devices of the animation.

Edited by Little Snowdrop

• 6 years later...
On 2023-10-03 at 11:28 AM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Adorable Snowdrop, yet very little known:sunny:  

Dear, dear Snowdrop... A filly that taught me at a young age our coldest season deserves to be happy, too. I love Winter, and I adore Snowdrop. :rarity:

• Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...