Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you remember your dreams ?

NightOwl

Hey eveypony! 

Just wondering do you have good dream recall?  

Lately I've been writing down my dreams so I can learn lucid dreaming. 

If you do remember your dreams well please share a recent dream you had :) 

For example In my dream last night I remember following a path that led to a pool of water that was in a beautiful location. 

• Brohoof 13

I always remember my dreams. Unfortunately, the almost never make sense.

Last night I dreamed that there was a line of fire ants moving through my god-mother's kitchen. The ants were moving into a cabinet. A cabinet that when opened I saw was literally full of ants. Strangely, I was the only one that could see blasted things.

• Brohoof 1

Oh lord, I remember some dreams and some I don't...

I usually remember the nightmares though, and I rarely recall any good dreams that I've had.

I know one dream that I had when I was a kid in Elementary School was really strange at first but turned scary as heck later on. I remember I was just walking around the hallways of my school and going into each room, and other kids that I knew were in each room. I remember the second to last room had my grandma and my baby brother in it, and they were playing with toys. I enter the last room and my other brother is playing with toys with his friend. His friend suddenly walks over to this toy box and opens it, and suddenly the freaking Grim Reaper comes out and attacks him. I run out screaming and crying and run to the room with my grandma and my baby brother and shut the door. I tell them to hide, but the Grim Reaper busts down the door and gets them too. I quickly run away from him, and he's right on my heels. I see up the hallway this huge crack in the wall, and I quickly get inside of it and squeeze into it. I am fortunate enough to get inside of the crack far enough where the Grim Reaper can't reach me. I sigh with relief and turn my head to see if there's an exit, but see another Grim Reaper coming toward me from the other end of the crack.

I wake up. The end.

So anyway, I love remembering cool dreams that I've had! Can't wait to see some more epic dreams from other members.

• Brohoof 1

I remember the one from last night:

I met an old school friend from my primary school who was lying in a bed and KC and the Sunshine band was playing in the background, I think it was 'get down tonight'. And she said I should get a job working with cats, and that's all I can remember about the dream, had to look up lucid dreaming.

Apparently means when your aware your dreaming, I've done that before when I was about 4. I decided one day to know I was dreaming when I was dreaming and I remember being half way through a dream and suddenly thinking "hold on this isn't real" and then that woke me up

I remember my dreams when I'm a very sleepy and conscious state. Like, even when I'm awake or still sleepy I am able to recall and remember my dreams like a surveillance camera.

Something like this:

tumblr_m4uxztyy3O1r02tbwo3_500.gif

It represents me when I snap out of a dream.

Yes! After watching inception I have been intriuged with dreams and followed as guides as i could to have lucid dreams!

I wrote down my dreams and got a totem and eventually got to remember 2-3 dreams a night and I have had 3 lucid dreams so far and 1 where i created awesome things :)

It definatly takes alot of practice and required not earing before bed ect to keep your sleep cycles, i hardly remeber my dreams again now after going to uni and needing sleep more (i should get into it again its fun :) )

Oh and i always start hereing music when im falling asleep! Its so cool :D!

• Brohoof 1

Okay, here's some freaky shiznit! Me and my twin sister sometimes dream of the same nightmareish man.  The first occurence when we noticed this was the same day. I had dreamt I was sitting on my driveway infront of my house playing with a ball and on my roof was a man in a brown trench coat with an eyepatch, black curly hair and a chainsaw for an arm for some reason. The man had jumped off of the roof and killed me. I told my sister of this dream and freakily enough she dreamt of this man. She heard a noise downstairs and went to investigate, she looked over the stairs and into the kitchen and saw this man. He took notice of her appearence and sprinted after her. She tried to run to the bathroom and lock the door, but the man killed her. I can recall several instances with him in my dreams, as can my sister and it's freaky stuff, I'm tellin' yah!

• Brohoof 2

Okay, here's some freaky shiznit! Me and my twin sister sometimes dream of the same nightmareish man.  The first occurence when we noticed this was the same day. I had dreamt I was sitting on my driveway infront of my house playing with a ball and on my roof was a man in a brown trench coat with an eyepatch, black curly hair and a chainsaw for an arm for some reason. The man had jumped off of the roof and killed me. I told my sister of this dream and freakily enough she dreamt of this man. She heard a noise downstairs and went to investigate, she looked over the stairs and into the kitchen and saw this man. He took notice of her appearence and sprinted after her. She tried to run to the bathroom and lock the door, but the man killed her. I can recall several instances with him in my dreams, as can my sister and it's freaky stuff, I'm tellin' yah!

Whoa, that's too freaky man! Do you and your sister know anything else about this man in your dreams? Is it something that you think you saw in real life, or is this just some man that appeared in both of your dreams without prior knowledge?

• Brohoof 1

Whoa, that's too freaky man! Do you and your sister know anything else about this man in your dreams? Is it something that you think you saw in real life, or is this just some man that appeared in both of your dreams without prior knowledge?

I'm not sure, we both just had a dream of this guy one time. Ever since we dream of him every now and again, the dreams always end the same way. He kills us. I can't recall anything like him before, not in a movie, not on tv and in no books. I certainly haven't seen anything like him in real life!

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure, we both just had a dream of this guy one time. Ever since we dream of him every now and again, the dreams always end the same way. He kills us. I can't recall anything like him before, not in a movie, not on tv and in no books. I certainly haven't seen anything like him in real life!

Strange... I think I've heard of stuff like this before, where two close family members dream of the same thing even though neither of them have spoken of it or seen it before...

Dunno where I read about it though. I'll have to search, I suppose. Thanks for sharing, though, definitely needed my daily dose of creepy stuff today!

• Brohoof 1

I don't typically remember my dreams, and most of the ones that I do remember I'll often forget about an hour after waking up.  Only if they're really bizarre or they really scare the crap out of me do I end up remembering them.  I've toyed with the idea of learning to lucid dream so that I can start remembering them, but I haven't done so yet.

I don't typically remember my dreams, and most of the ones that I do remember I'll often forget about an hour after waking up.  Only if they're really bizarre or they really scare the crap out of me do I end up remembering them.  I've toyed with the idea of learning to lucid dream so that I can start remembering them, but I haven't done so yet.

If you are interested in remembering your dreams better the best thing that I've found is to try and recall as much of the dream as possible when you first wake up :).

• Brohoof 1

If you are interested in remembering your dreams better the best thing that I've found is to try and recall as much of the dream as possible when you first wake up smile.png.

Yeah, but that doesn't always work! I know when I first wake up from an excellent dream I try my hardest to remember and have even tried keeping something close by to write my dream down on, but usually when I prep like that I can't remember my dream all that well. I think it really just depends on the dream and person... I know some dreams stick with me while others I instantly forget as soon as I wake up!

If you are interested in remembering your dreams better the best thing that I've found is to try and recall as much of the dream as possible when you first wake up smile.png.

Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't.  I'll remember a dream when I wake up, and I'll try to recall as much as possible about it.  Then I'll get cocky, assume that it's been committed to memory, and not think about it for a while.  Several hours later, I'll remember that I wanted to remember a dream, but I'll have not idea what that dream was... sad.png

Yeah, but that doesn't always work! I know when I first wake up from an excellent dream I try my hardest to remember and have even tried keeping something close by to write my dream down on, but usually when I prep like that I can't remember my dream all that well. I think it really just depends on the dream and person... I know some dreams stick with me while others I instantly forget as soon as I wake up!

Something else that might help is to repeat the words "I will remember my dreams" over and over just as you are about to drift off to sleep. It's based on the MILD Lucid Dreaming Technique. 

• Brohoof 1

Something else that might help is to repeat the words "I will remember my dreams" over and over just as you are about to drift off to sleep. It's based on the MILD Lucid Dreaming Technique. 

Huh, never heard of that technique...

I think I'll try that! By the way, since we're on dream techniques, may I ask if you know a way to induce a certain type of dream? For example, if I wanted to dream about me nailing an interview or hitting the lottery, how would I do that? If I repeat "I want to win the lottery" a whole bunch before I drift off to sleep, will that work? Or if I look at a bunch of lottery tickets and read about lottery winners?  Just using that as an example, but I'm curious if you know any techniques or know a good source to read more about that type of stuff.

I remember the interesting ones, because my brain seems to wake to have cool and epic ideas until I'm asleep. I had one this morning that oddly briefly had Fluttershy in it. 

I had one unique dream about ten years ago...

I dreamed I was talking along a stone corridor. Actual stone, as in the walls, floor and ceiling were large granite blocks. Medieval architecture; every hall was arched at the top. The hallways had periodic columns that blended into the arch of the ceilings. Between the columns were shelves of books. With this detail, I understood that I was in a library. The corridor ahead of me ended in a T junction; turns to the left and right. There was a robed and hooded figure in front of me. As I approached, the figure began to turn and time slowed. As the figure turned - oh so slowly - the hall was filled with the sound of a lone violin. I woke before the figure completed the turn and before the song ended.

I have never heard anything so sweet in all my life and I never saw the face under that hood. I wish I had the musical talent to capture that song. I've forgotten it, you see, but I will never forget how it felt to walk that dream.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the kind of person who can remember dreams perfectly...the morning after I had them.

Usually, unless it's just an awesome, scary, or significant dream, I won't usually remember it.

Edited by Betez

I don't get them very often, so I tend to remember them more easily. I remember one recently where I was getting chased by the PIA (headed by Octavia and Tsubaki Yayoi), before running into an elevator on the 23rd floor of a hotel building and escaping. I was then met by Hazama and Lisa Cuddy, who went through an "Assassin's Creed"-esque sneak sequence in downtown Chicago before making it to an unmarked black Chevy. The three of us got in, and the last thing I remember was passing by a flight museum in the middle of Nebraska that was somehow right next to an interstate exit I know for a fact is in eastern Iowa. 

I also got abducted by a painting once. blink.png  

Most of the time I don't remember my dreams, but if I do remember I usually forget later on.  I remember one dream I had when I was younger where some man was chasing me with a giant drill.  I was trying to escape, but was trapped in a maze of some sort.  It ended when he caught me, and the same dream re-occurred several times.  Why did that dream keep coming back instead of one where something good happens sad.png ? 

• Brohoof 2

Hardly ever, as a matter of fact. The only dreams I end up remembering are the ones that are insanely weird, and nightmares. Last dream I can remember involved Rainbow Dash and I flying over to England to watch Wimbledon, and somehow after the tennisy goodness we ended up in a Victorian mansion trying to hide from a butler with a sniper rifle. All things considered, maybe it's better that I don't remember more of my dreams ;).

• Brohoof 3

Most of the dreams I remember involve me dying or being killed, its kind of weird, if it is of any other kind maybe I'll remember it for a couple of hours but then I'll forget. But when I dream I die or get killed, it stays longer in my mind. 

The other kind of dreams I may remember are ones involving the girl I have a crush, or family dreams.

I only remember little parts of my dreams normaly, or sometimes only remember that I had a dream and the mood of it. Its odd, I have been having allot more dreams lately. I fell asleep on my lunch break at work for 15 minuets and had like.. a micro-dream lol very odd for me.

I'm not very good at remembering my dreams. I can only remember very significant or freaky dreams.

For example, last year I had a dream where someone who was death white and cold (probably sick) was chasing me around a lab. Then, Voldemort just randomly popped up and made a monster come out of his stomach. (I know, weird) Then, he told me "Time to build your house!" and I woke up. 

I had an assignment for school involving drawing a plan for a house, and I had to get up early to finish it. So, that was very good timing. :P

But, I pretty much pushed that dream to the back of my mind until about a day later I came down with a bad fever. 

I had to stay home, and my mum rented a movie. The weird part? It was Harry Potter. And I suddenly remembered those parts of the dream again. And I was like 

"Oh my gosh, I was being chased by a sick guy in my dream, and Voldemort appeared in it, and now I'm sick watching Harry Potter!"

But that wasn't the end of it. My mother soon left the house, and I watched the asdf movies. If you've seen the particular one I'm talking about, you'd get how this is significant. Well, you know how that monster comes out of the guys stomach?

Yeah. So I remembered the rest of my dream at that point, and I was genuinely freaked out. And it wasn't even like dejavu, yeah I don't know how to spell that. :P

I mean, I definitely don't believe in all that psychic stuff, but that was weird, to say the least. XD

That's the one dream I can remember everything about.