Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you use MLP-Vocab?

Estella

I've been curious, since I've been seeing it very often on the subject of "MLP-Vocab". If you know what that is, then good for you. If you don't, not surprised.

My question for anyone nice enough to click on the post everyone here is...

Do you use the terms such as: "Dear Celestia" "For Celestia's sake" "This is the greatest thing I've seen in all of Equestria" or any of the other terms that you think you could use?

I haven't seen this question before, because no-one cares so it must be partially original.

Feel free to answer, or feel free to trot along with your day! Did I seriously just use the term trot? (I love strike-throughs)

• Brohoof 4

You don't even know how much MLP-Vocab I use! XD About 20 words per day! I use Pinkie-Pie Promise and Trot 
(just like you) the most. People are like, "What?" ITS AWESOME!! I also say "Everypony" and "eeeeeeeyup"

PLENTY of times! BTW, EPIC TOPIC!

Edited by ~Galloping Rainbowdash~
  • Brohoof 2

Everypony who knows me, knows that I would never use MLP vocabulary. I mean, for Celestia's sake, it gets annoying after a while. Seriously, everypony. Stop.

laugh.png  But seriously, I don't use it regularly, though I have used MLP vocab irl a couple of times. I also say eeeyup a lot too. For the most part though, I stick to regular language, but I don't care if anypony else does.

• Brohoof 8

I sometimes use "Dear Celestia" and of course one of my favorite "yay~". But I don't really use vocab's a lot, I sometimes use them in posts. But honestly I don't really use them a lot, although I do use "yay~" everywhere.

• Brohoof 3

Well sure I do, doesn't everypony? In fact, I've taken to it so much that it's actually kinda getting out of hoof...

...At least here on the forums. I never use it IRL unless I know I'm talking to a brony, but that doesn't mean I never get the urge. In fact, when I was talking to my little sister the other day I actually caught myself about to say 'everypony', but it came out more like 'everyp-p-p-b-body' and she made fun of me for stuttering.

Close shave, Lowline. Close shave indeed... ph34r.png

• Brohoof 4

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I'm truly surprised by how active this became. And I love everypony's reactions!

Lowline, I've had a few IRL mishaps myself, however I never notice it until it's too late. Luckily the only people ever around me are my parents, or my friend on the phone. (Thank Celestia I haven't said anything in front of him yet, he would go crazy). It's also amazing to see how many people do use the terms, even if they aren't necessarily always in real life.

Just goes to show that people do grow a fondness for it after a wile.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, yes I do. It depends where though. In school I'd rather not, but for example when out in public somewhere and for example my phone doesn't want to cooperate I say 'For Celestia's sake, work you stupid thing..'

• Brohoof 1

If it qualifies, I say "Okey dokey loki" in response to questions.  I used to just say "Okey dokey" a lot of the time, and then one day I added the "Loki" accidentally, and it just kinda stuck tongue.png. That's about as far as I'll go.

Edited by DashForever
dumb autocorrect :P
  • Brohoof 3

Yay, the first moderator to reply! However, seeing as a moderator was here, I feel slightly worried. I have an extreme fear of people I have a slightly sense that if I post on a topic (Even if it's my own) that I'll be considered spamming. I'm not sure if that's just me being wayyyy over self-conscious or if it's true.

But again. Yay, a moderator replyed!

I do use the "Everypony" term because everypony uses it. Sometimes i use "For Celestia's Sake" term as well. I don't use the other terms nearly as much as "Everypony" but i do use them occaisionally.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I use pony speak from time to time. I don't often say "everypony," but I will occasionally say things like "What the hay?" or "Sweet Celestia!" I get funny looks, but whatever. My bronydom is already plain to everyone. Haters gonna hate, so I'll just love and tolerate! 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I do in fact use "MLP Vocab" on a daily basis. My favorite thing to say is "By Celestia's Beard" which gets me no weird looks because everyone who knows me intimately knows that my sanity is long gone and any attempts to decipher the meaning behind the things I say will rip open a hole in the universe and destroy us all.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 7

Well, besides the usual "eeeyup" and "oki doki Loki" I don't really use a lot of Brony Vocab.

Though one time in class my friend told me something that prompted me to shout "WHAT THE FAUST" outloud.

I've never had as many looks of confusion in my life as I had seen that day.

Occasionally I find myself saying "everypony" or "eeeeyup," though I'm PRETTY SURE "Oh, for Celestia's sake" and "Luna (blank) me with her horn" (Fallout Equestria~) have found their ways into my random conversations as well. It's not as bad as me typing 'f3' in chats, though. That gets a tad bit annoying, but I can't really help it. That MapleStory emote applies SO WELL to my emotions.

The only one I've ever said is "eeeee-yup". Saying "everypony" seems like something that everybody's doing only because everybody else is doing it.

Yes, I do in fact use "MLP Vocab" on a daily basis. My favorite thing to say is "By Celestia's Beard" which gets me no weird looks because everyone who knows me intimately knows that my sanity is long gone and any attempts to decipher the meaning behind the things I say will rip open a hole in the universe and destroy us all.

zz.gif?w=500&h=281

• Brohoof 2

I don't generally use My Little Pony vocabulary in public unless I'm talking to a member of the fandom but sadly, the ratio is about 1% of bronies where I am. The 1% is me. :( But I will use it, one day!

• Brohoof 1