Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you use MLP-Vocab?

Estella

I do a lot. :3 I say everypony, mane, hoofs/hoofsies-instead of hand/leg to cause great confusion, "what the hay/buck" and sometimes even herd instead of "heard" xD

• Brohoof 1

I find some of it slipping into my speech. I keep it at a level where it won't annoy people or be obnoxious to others.

I'm rather fond of muttering "Oh, for Celestia's sake" when I'm annoyed.

I use "Face Hoof" and "eeeyup"...sometimes. But not whenever the opportunity arises. I don't want my influence to be completely darn obvious, so I keep it subtle.

Negative.

I use it only for occassional references or quotations - in general, when talking about the little horses I own (because what else do you want to use when talking about ponies, right...). But hardly ever in everyday's conversations.

I say "Eeeyup" and "Eeenope" a lot in my day-to-day vocab.I also have successfully replaced "okie dokie" with "okie dokie lokie",except I rarely say either of those phrases,so they're usually never heard.Other than that,I don't really use a whole lot of MLP terms.While the phrases and words don't come naturally into my mind,I also don't think I can say both something clever and witty and pony-related.If I could,I would be 20% cooler than I already am.

I have been thinking of throwing in MLP terms irl occasionally, to see if anyone I know "gets it". It might be a good way to figure out if somebody is a brony without actually asking. ph34r.png  If they don't get it, it would just go over their heads, and it wouldn't be weirder than any of the other stuff I say.

Mostly just "eeyup" and "okie dokie lokie." I don't really find much of a context for anything else in my daily life.

Although, I've been using the word "Spitfire" much more commonly recently. Granted, it IS an actual word, but I never used it before MLP.

Not yet.  I'm not very far into the show, but I imagine it will start creeping into my vocabulary soon enough.  The fact that the ponies say certain words so much makes me think that I will start saying them too. 

Not yet.  I'm not very far into the show, but I imagine it will start creeping into my vocabulary soon enough.  The fact that the ponies say certain words so much makes me think that I will start saying them too. 

If I may ask, how far are you into the show? Sorry, but my curiosity always goes beyond what most people would consider normal.

However, I suppose I'll answer my own question (Since I haven't already).

I use MLP-Vocab on what I would consider a nearly normal level. I've said "Dear Celestia" in my mind on several occasions. I've said trot, I've said "Yay~" but no-one really got it then. A few other terms here and then, but nothing I can think of off the top of my head.

I only really ever use it on here, and sometimes it just feels too cheesy to use honestly. I do drop references irl sometimes though.

EDIT: I feel like my grammar is really horrid in this post, but seeing as I've been up for 26 hours now I'm really to tired to try and figure out where I bucked up.

Edited by jackw545

I don't. I tend to avoid using MLP vocab. The only thing I say that is MLP related is. "May I take some of your time to tell you about our true lord and savior, Princess Celestia."

Where are you talking about?

On the Internet, yes. I use stuff like Okie Dokie Lokie and 20% more X.

In real life, no. As far as I can remember, I haven't let any Brony vocab slip.

Well, sometimes my brain suddenly replaces words if I notice a curse-word being unavoidable... Like when a friend of mine was talking about how he was disgusted how hardcore-bronies some other people he knew were, and I accidentally replied with "What... The... [brain: "CUSSING COMING UP... REPLACE NEXT WORD WITH SOMETHING SAFE."] Hay...", and that was an accident, and he yelled at me, though he understood it as a joke, so it was okay~ (I avoid cursing as much as possible, thus this happened~)

Other than this... The occasional "Eeyup." and "Eenope".

(These are for speaking though... When typing and it's relevant I might go farther~)

Edited by Zhooves

I'm a super closet brony, but I heard a guy from work humming what SEEMED to be the theme song for mlp and I kinda tried to sneak some references in for reactions.

During break I said to a friend , " I can probably eat this sandwich in 10.seconds. FLAT" nothing.

Then I I did the , " This is the WORST.POSSIBLE,THING" nothing...

Final chance, I sat down next to him and sorta whisper-yelled " I think I'm Ganna buy a new car...it needs to be atleast 20% cooler..."

F'd let out a Harry laugh and nodded, I'm still confused :(

If I may ask, how far are you into the show? Sorry, but my curiosity always goes beyond what most people would consider normal.

Episode 16 of season 1.  I just started the series yesterday... :P  I fell in love with it instantly though.  The animation, acting, etc.  It's all so good. 

Not really although I've caught myself saying "Sweet Celestia" a few times but not often. So far my brony life is confined to the internet.

I don't really have any brony friends ( I did show it to one of them, she thinks its cool, but I don't think she's quite there yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVo5q07NEFU

I do have a habit of correcting people in my mind whenever the say everyone XD. And I sat what the hay but pople just think I'm saying what the hey...

Hmm... I mostly just use MLP vocab on the Internet.

I do have a friend who miiiiiiiight be a brony. Maybe I'm just addicted to "You Gotta Share"...

Anyway, a chair was broken in drama class so I grabbed the metal part and put my feet up on it (like with a coffee table)

She was sitting beside me and I shared my makeshift "footrest" with her.

She was like "Thanks, cause y'know, sharing is caring!"

Been trying to figure out whether that was a mere coincidence that it was similar to the song or...?

Edited by Silent Dawn
  • Brohoof 1

I don't use it really( or try to avoid it) in my normal daily life, but sometimes I'll use stuff around here, and of course there's slip ups in my daily life, I've gotta watch those though, being a closet brony.

I don't really use a whole lot of it here, most of the time when I do it's for humors sake or something. Sometimes I'll use everypony to refer to the people here, but I've been using that less to be honest even.

So just sometimes and almost never IRL.

So many varied responses. I was considering adding a poll to this, but I don't think I would of gotten so many interesting replies.

YAY for having a question in my head and making a topic out of it! Although I believe a few (or many) people were as curious as I was.

Nope, never. I just can't replace any words, no matter the time. I don't even talk with MLP vocab on the forums. It just seems so cheesy and cliche. However I'm fine with other people using It, so long as it doesn't seem overly excessive. One reason I just can't is that Star Trek and other Sci-Fi langauge, terms, and vocab is already embedded into my brain, and seems to be stuck, which i'm fine with.

Edited by StarVision

I don't typically use it out loud, though sometimes I'll catch myself using it in my head.  It's more just quoting references though, it's not like how I use 'bloody' (which I got from 'The Wheel of Time') or 'thankee sai' (from 'The Dark Tower').

In real life? No. When I'm talking about ponies? Sure. Now I do use phrases like "horse feathers" and other such expressions that you've probably heard the mane six use, but I've been using them since I started riding around 13 years old. I thought it was ingenious that they learn some real cowboy/horse love expressions and put them into the show.