Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who else sucks at FPSs? ;)

Le Kvlt Dawn

I can fend for myself in FPS's. I often get a 1:1 ratio, although I can sometimes get around 1.5+ if I'm having a good gameplay session.

I'm no diehard elitist who RQ's after a death though, but I have got a few of them mad myself.

Oh dude, definitely suck at FPSs here. I mean, from the few modern FPSs I've played, I'm pretty bad and all. When it comes to super-fast moving things and hitbox weapons like in Quake, I'm absolutely terrible. I even played Quake Live and felt like throwing up since it gave me the shittiest headache ever.

I played some TF2 though. I'm better at it, as long as the classes aren't "traditionally FPS-ish".

i'm alright at them. given the proper ranking i could hold myself up decently in an online match at a arcade FPS like Quake Live. singleplayer-wise i'm somewhat better, unless it's some real slaughtery stuff. inversely, i suck ass at fighting games, actually. i have extremely poor hand- and eye-coordination. i haven't played many modern FPS', i prefer the old ones from the 90's more.

I'm pretty bad at them. I've never owned an Xbox or a PlayStation, so the closest thing to an FPS I've ever owned is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on the Wii.

However, I play games like Halo, Call of Duty, etc. at friends and family's houses all the time. I don't play them enough to get good at them. As soon as I start to get the hang of an FPS, I won't be able to play it for a while, and then I suck at it again.

Call of Duty I personally hate (At least when I'm playing against AI soldiers), because I'll always be bombed or sniped out of nowhere. Oh well, FPSs aren't even my favorite genre.

(edited)

That's me alright. That's because I'm too busy with biology and music for the rigors of FPS. Most of my gaming stems from sports games and turn-based strategy games like Civilization.

EDIT: I also play a mean NFS.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

I've never really been a fan of FPSs, though that has nothing to do with the fact that I suck at them. I just never got the appeal, most FPS games I've seen have been mindless like COD, yet people praise them like they're the holy grail of gaming and anyone who hasn't played it called either a gamer or a man (I'm not even kidding, I've met someone who's had this exact mindset word for word). Anytime I've played one I've either taken too long to aim and still not hit anything, or I unloaded everything I had into one target with a hit accuracy or maybe 4%.

I'm not so good with FPS.  First person cameras just bug me.  It's like the game assumes I have two sets of eyes, one where my head is and one where the screen is.  And it feels like you have a more limited field of vision.  I hate moving the screen around to try to find what's shooting at me.  In a third person game it's a lot easier to dodge attacks or get out of the way of stuff or see stuff coming.  Most of the time, I don't really know why anyone would rather play a first person game than a third person game.  Maybe if they're a PC only gamer I can kinda get it, and it's not so bad if it's not a shooter I guess, I find Skyrim fun.  But I also can't imagine playing a racing game in first person.  It just feels confusing to me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm decent at REAL FPS games(BF3, Killzone 3, Halo) but in COD I don't understand but I do great and I hate the COD series(for now and COD4 was the best). But my strength in video games are street racing and sports games(let me watch the sport for a day or two and I'll pick up a style like nothing. Especially in FIFA, I am such a monster at FIFA.

I'm decent at REAL FPS games

like Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Half-Life, Hexen, Heretic, Redneck Rampage, Gunman Chronicles, Goldeneye, Shadow Warrior, and Unreal Tournament? ;)

If its a FPS on a PC then I am pretty average even arguably bad at them, but if it is a FPS on a Console preferably Xbox then I am really good at them after the first few days. If it is any Halo game then I'm in another level because that is just my game. I don't really play FPSs anymore just because they are very monotonous and there is very little to do outside of just deathmatch type gametypes, But I still enjoy the genre immensely when I do start one up.

• Brohoof 1

like Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Half-Life, Hexen, Heretic, Redneck Rampage, Gunman Chronicles, Goldeneye, Shadow Warrior, and Unreal Tournament? ;)

Im good at Golden Eye, I'm decent at Unreal Tournament, and I use to play Doom(I considered myself decent at the game). Some of those I have never even heard of

That depends on how one measures their own suckage, and whether or not a given FPS sucks. It's been a very long time since I've played a regular, old deathmatch game in any shooter. Everything I've played in recent memory has been team-based. TF2, Planetside 2, Red Orchestra 2, Hawken, etc. In the case of TF2, I'm usually on the upper half of the scoreboard because I slaughter a lot of people. In Red Orchestra 2 my "performance" fluctuates because one's position is determined not only by how many kills they have, but by how much they've contributed to taking enemy territory. There are too many factors to consider when asking that question. One shouldn't say they suck at the genre based on their experiences in only a few games. Maybe you just haven't quite found your niche.

Also, K:D ratios aren't an accurate indication of a person's skill in an FPS unless the only mode of play is deathmatch. Some people obsess over them though. Planetside 2, for example. For somebody who spends most of their time playing a support class and who spends most of their time actually trying to support their allies, just maintaining a K:D ratio of about .85 is pretty good (considering that most of the time you won't have a weapon in your hand, things are blowing up all over the place, enemies spawn camp, and team killing is frequent).

I've also found that much of what some people claim to be their own godlike skill or what others claim to be the result of cheating/hacking is simply blind luck.

• 1 year later...

Years ago I used to be hardcore at all FPS, From COD to Battlefield to Unreal Tournament. Though if you drop it for a long time and try to pick it back up, it usually starts off rough. I recently got CS:GO and I'm just not as good as I used to be. Still a fun game though.

Even so, I can always do a 360 no scope :P

I used to play at a fairly high level back in the Quake/UT days. Also loved DOOM even if it was mostly just playing single player.

Could never get used to the gameplay style of CS, even though a lot of friends played it.

I've never been good at shooters in general. I much prefer to run up and beat the crap outta my foes then pew pew em to death. It's strange, I can play first person games like the horror game Condemned, or first person RPGs like Shining in the Darkness and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. But the moment you put a gun in my hands in that view I become a mess. I more or less spray shots around me in a wide angle then trying to hit a single target. 

I guess the hardest part about FPs's are the fact that the view is too claustrophobic for me. Such a narrow view, with enemies flying across the screen every which way, while I'm trying to figure out what is shooting me out of my line of sight. Before I can get my bearings I'm dead, watching my corpse get run over and teabagged by some guy I didn't see in time. Only to respawn and have the same thing happen again and again. I don't know, just never liked them. 

In short, no you're not the only one. :P

I am not good at many games...I often get scared in any games with guns (be it FPS or 3rd person, action and adventure)...I am good at repetitive Rpgs where I am not killing someone...and simple point and click games....

I'm competent enough at shooter games that I can play multiplayer without totally embarrassing myself. I'm rarely going to get first place, but I always manage to get at least a few kills in.

I just find multiplayer in shooters to be extremely tedious. You spawn, kill someone, someone kills you and then respawn and start the process again. It's not particularly tactically interesting, it's just a big meat grinder. So I usually can't really enjoy them for long.

In GTA Online I'm fond of Last Man Standing (everyone has 1 life) because it forces people to really care about self-preservation and not just run in guns-ablazing. It still could only hold my interest for so long and I usually just focus on racing when I play GTA Online.

I used to be good at the original Unreal Tournament, but something happened and I just suck at them nowadays. I know part of it is practice, since I don't play that often, but a lot of my friends love FPSes, so I endure getting thumped by them once in a while to make them happy. We even created an account named "Decoy" on my friend's 360 for me to use when we played Halo games together.

• Brohoof 1