Right or Left-Handed?

Kenny

Right or Left Handed?  

494 users have voted

1. 1. Right or Left Handed?

• Right
    • Left
    • Ambidextrous

The way my dominant handedness works is actually kind of weird. I'm not ambidextrous because I can't do everything equally with both hands. I can operate a few pieces of equipment (say, a weed eater) just as well with both hands. However, I can't throw a baseball or shoot a basketball at all with my left hand. I also can't use a fork or a pencil with my right hand. I also play the guitar right-handed.

As far as I can remember, I used my left hand for mostly everything as a child. When I grew, I used my right hand for other things. I get the feeling that I may actually be ambidextrous, but I haven't practiced things enough to unlock that potential. I'm sure that if I practiced writing with my right hand more, I could write just as well with both hands (which would be really useful if my left arm got amputated or became paralyzed). Yet since I learned to use my left hand for pretty much everything first, I'm going to say I'm left handed...for now lol

• Brohoof 1

I am right-handed although I do some things, like tying my shoes, in a left handed manner.  Or so I've been told.  :unsure:  I sometimes challenge myself to do things with my left-handed just to get better at it.   I'll never be truly ambidextrous but I can now use a computer mouse with my left hand. 

On the whole I'm glad I'm not left-handed as it many things are designed for righties.  One thing I do recall from a 2006 trip to San Francisco is that Pier 39 does have a Left Handed store that sells items for southpaws.  It was still there this time and of course I took a few minutes to check it out.  :) 

• Brohoof 2

...Right hoofed. For almost everything. I do about two things left hoofed.

This statement excludes double-hoofing, eg using a video game controller of some sort.