Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wait, what!? Since when does Twilight have a palace!?

~StatesTheOblivious~

(edited)

http://youtu.be/07T8bmKt_6Q

Listen to what Twily says in the end.

I know this is just a random toy commercial... But since Hasbro is in charge when it comes to the last word about what's introduced in the show, could this be a "foreshadowing" about season four?

What's your opinion?

In the end she will get a place to rule, no doubt about that I think. But could it come too early? Or is this here just marketing?

I think it would be too early even if it's in the end of season four. But then again we don't know if there will even be a season five. There is so much potential. I hope they don't force or rush it. And that there are many seasons with Twilight as a "princess-noob". Sorry for that term, couldn't express it better...

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 5

i really, really, really hope this is just marketing. if they give her a palace this early they leave so many great possible storylines behind.

• Brohoof 7

i really, really, really hope this is just marketing. if they give her a palace this early they leave so many great possible storylines behind.

Me too! it would really be too early for twilight to get her own palace. I expect it near the season 4 ending through season 5 maybe longer

• Brohoof 2

I'd say it's just marketing... Or atleast, I HOPE it's just margeting.  It just doesn't seem like she'd get a palace so early on.. But then again she's a princess..

I' really do hope it's just Marketing. :I

• Brohoof 2

It is definitely just marketing, I hope. Since we never seen Twilight have a palace in the show just yet so, we are lucky that it is marketing.

• Brohoof 1

Isn't the toy line it's own universe? I thought that toy line canon and show canon were two different things. It's probably just marketing anyway. Hey that's not Tara Strong!

• Brohoof 2

That's the stupidiest, babyish, cheesiest thing I've ever seen.

No, that's just for the commercial, I should think. Since when has the toys ever been anything to do with the show anywhere, especially when they can't get their figures decent enough in the first place!

(edited)

It could very well be foreshadowing. Perhaps unintentional foreshadowing created by a completely unrelated marketing ploy, but still. If we are to believe that EqG may carry any weight whatsoever with se04's continuity, then the worry Twi expressed in the movie - "What if Celestia expects me to rule over a kingdom of my own?" - could be indicative of this being an eventuality.

Personally, I wouldn't want it to happen so soon, either. But also remember that her ascension to alicorn-hood also came, as many of us agree, too soon. Besides, I don't really see it shooting down a whole lot of plot opportunities; whenever one door closes, another opens up. Even if this were to take place so soon, I highly doubt the writers would run out of interesting story ideas anytime soon. That could just be my inner optimist speaking, though.

Still, here's hoping they hold off on that for a while yet.

Edited by Lowline

I really hope she doesn't have one, but my guess is it's just for marketing. If she actually does have a "palace" it might just be a toy that the marketing people created as an extra gimmick. Moving away from Ponyville would not be a good shot for the show to take at the moment, since there's so many unexplored (and interesting) directions they could take Twilight's alicornness before doing that.

Nothing stating that this 'palace' isn't going to be Ponyville, weird as that might sound. There are 'palaces' stuck all over Europe, some of which are only slightly bigger than a big house.

(edited)

Well, don't forget they also gave Applejack a truck, and Sweetie Belle got her own train car, neither of which have been in the show proper (well, Sweetie's train car has, technically, but it isn't actually hers).

That said, it'd be fun to watch Twilight stumble through trying to run a palace, considering that this is the same pony who FREAKS OUT because she forgot to make a to-do list for the next month.

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nope, it's just the toy line. It won't happen. Nothing about the toys is really show accurate.

Have you ever seen Pinkie Pie with her own train in the show? Or Applejack with her truck?

Edited by Flutter Dash

Huh, curious. I'd imagine she'd need a palace, as Cadance has one, and Celestia and Luna share (being sisters and all). But it is kind of earlier. Probably just something random no one thought about.

(edited)

I have a feeling this palace may refer to either Celestia's or Cadence's palace that really isn't hers, but is respected there as a princess. I don't see her having her own in S4 that was incredibly large, unless somehow her library was now a mini-palace of some type. I mean, the toys aren't supposed to be too canon, anyway. I also noticed her voice doesn't match the one in the show. Obviously not a big deal, but it gives me a feeling it's nothing to be concerned about.

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

Oh God. Pretty sure this is just marketing, like others have stated. Plus, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that wasn't Tara Strong voicing Twilight in the end. One thing I gotta address though is how different this felt from the show. It was pretty cringeworthy due to how lame and girly it was, when that's totally not the case with the MLP I know. Good thing I keep the MLP toys and the MLP show separate in my mind.

(edited)

Yeah, this is just marketing, clearly. People are looking a bit too deep into this one and the title of the thread is a bit dramatic. I will repeat what others have said and say that she will stay in Ponyville and more than likely have some authority there, maybe. Who knows at this point, but we obviously know she will not have some far away palace or anything, not this early on. Don't let this worry you.

In terms of the commercial, some are saying it is too girly and cringeworthy, well, the actual 'TOYS' are not marketed to us. At all. So, yeah, there you go.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure this is just marketing. Twilight may eventually get a palace (gag), but I don't think they'll make it happen that quickly. With the lack of Tara Strong's voice in this commercial, I'm led to believe, as most of the toys are, that this doesn't affect the show at all. Hasbro's just trying to get the kiddies to buy toys. No big deal. Hopefully.

If this were true, Pinkie Pie would have her own train station in the show.  Obvious marketing is obvious.  How many times have the play sets tied in correctly with the show anyway?

• Brohoof 1

Why in the world would they start off Season 4 like that? That's just bad stigma right there. It's just a commercial folks don't worry your heads off about this and actually take the time to think about it. 

I hope she doesn't have a palace.. If she does, then she'll basically leave the rest of the mane 6 to protect the castle from any villains. :o

In terms of the commercial, some are saying it is too girly and cringeworthy, well, the actual 'TOYS' are not marketed to us. At all. So, yeah, there you go.

Couldn't you say the same thing about the show though? I think MLP:FIM should stay consistent and make their toys more sophisticated to the level of the show. It seems a little odd how G4 really got things right, but the G4 toys/commercials are just like the previous generations. This commercial is exactly the kind of thing Lauren Faust didn't want to see when she decided to make a more sophisticated rendition of MLP. It would be hard to make MLP toys/commercials that appeal not only to little girls but also to bronies, but it's not impossible. At a time the idea of MLP being appealing to a wider audience probably sounded ridiculous, but look at the show now.