Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst and Best Reaction of Telling Someone You're a Brony

lighting flash

Best reaction: My parents and (most) of my friends being tacitly accepting.

Worst reaction: God, where do I start...

I hate to admit it, but there are moments when I do seriously question if it's worth it to carry on being a brony.

Do not change yourself because of what others think of you. You have your interests, they have theirs. If they are ignorant, do not pay attention to them, carry on with your life.

• Brohoof 2

The best reaction i got was from my friend who at first laughed then actually watched the show with me. the worst was from a kid in my class who overhead us talking and tried to change all the computer backgrounds to anti-brony pics

I have heard a lot of mean things but that is a really unmature thing to do.

Best: best friend finds out I'm a brony,

Arka: "Cam you watch my little pony?

Cam: "Yep what of it?"

Arka: "I'll admit Fluttershy is pretty cool"

Cam: "What the fuck how do you know about Fluttershy?"

Arka: "I watch it sometimes with my sister"

Cam:"DAYUM BR0"

Worst: Asshole: "Cam you watch a gay show about little ponies and unicorns prancing around"

Cam: "So what you play xbox all night being a dick online"

Asshole: "Dude. You. watch.ponies."

Cam: "Hey uh, John guess what?"

Cam grabs John by the neck so fast he doesn't see it coming, throws him down on a plastic table.

Cam: "So what were you saying, John?"

Asshole: "Uhm nothing I gotta go find some ice."

Cam: "I may be small and look weak, but just remember I can make sure your in a grave next time buddy."

Advice to all the brony haters, never mess with a brony. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bt_NqSn4jU

Best reaction: My parents and (most) of my friends being tacitly accepting.

Worst reaction: God, where do I start...

I hate to admit it, but there are moments when I do seriously question if it's worth it to carry on being a brony.

This is how I see it. If you watch MLP: FIM, they will make fun of you and pick on you. If you stop being a brony, they will still make fun of you for the time you were a brony. Plus you would have stopped watching an awesome show and left a cool fandom.

Bottom line: Picture

haters.bmp

• Brohoof 3

Best Reaction- My mom thought it was cute.

Worst Reaction- My dad thinks its a little weird. Also my skype picture is Fluttershy and I was skyping one of my friends and they were just like "What is your profile picture?" and before I could tell him he just hung up the call. Haven't talked to him since.

• Brohoof 2

Best: I happened to mention something about mlp to my mom and she said, "so who's your favorite pony"

Worst: I basically got called gay by one of my friends who I rarely talk to anymore

• Brohoof 3

Well, bronies aren't as well known over here (although there appears to be at least one other pegasister in my school - not that I have any idea who she is...) probably due to the show not being aired in the UK, so I've never gotten that big a reaction from anyone (mind you, aside from having a My Little Portal t-shirt and liking a few pony related pages on facebook, I'm not very public about my bronyness, though if anyone asks I'll happily tell them the truth), but I'd say for me:

Best: My parents,  although maybe not understanding what a brony is exactly, have never commented on my being one, whether they see that I'm on the MLP forums or when my My Little Portal t-shirt first arrived. They're more or less indifferent (I assume that's the case, and it's not just that they're keeping quiet, since my mum often complains that the games I play and other shows I watch are too violent).

Worst: A rather critical friend I used to have. When I first became a brony, I tried showing her some brony music etc. (I never even tried getting her to watch the show, since she would always refuse to try anything I recommended tv wise) and while she was cool with it at the time, later in school she got annoyed with me over one thing or another and came out with "Yeah? Well YOU LIKE PONIES." No one else knew at this point (and like I said, bronies in general were pretty much unknown at the time, especially in the decidedly non-geeky group we were sitting with at the time) and I had to try and explain the concept to a group of friends who, while not being outright nasty, were certainly very confused and just couldn't understand the appeal of the show, and were unable to wrap their heads around the concept of "fandoms" (like I said, they were very non-geeky, and pretty much only used the internet for facebook and twitter). To do this day, it's a subject very rarely breached.

• Brohoof 4

Best: Another brony noticed my shirt, and we struck up some conversation.

Worst: A friend noticed,and said he thought I had standards. It was all in good fun however, and honestly he didn't care.

• Brohoof 2

I've only gotten positive or neutral reactions so far.

Best reaction was a girl at a party who got really excited and thought it was awesome to meet a brony for some reason, even though she'd never seen the show herself. She just finds the fandom fascinating or something.

Worst reaction was probably just one of my friends laughing a bit in disbelief.

I'm old enough to not hang out with immature people, and I'm old enough to not go to school so I have it easy when it comes to these things.

• Brohoof 3

My sister has no problem with me enjoying Friendship is Magic. I’ve had no real negative responses yet but I’m sure they are coming. I’ll do my best to ignore them because they don’t have any validity towards who I am. Though my sister's husband doesn't understand the appeal of ponies, I tell him sometimes to "Let the Ponies in".

• Brohoof 3

Best: When i talked to my 20 year old cousin and he said he supports me and he is becoming a brony too.laugh.png yay.png

Worst: A guy said im homo and i deserve to die while i was watching at school. ohmy.png

• Brohoof 2

Best- Got a few of my best friends from liking ponies. And I found out my sister likes it and got my other sister into it.

Worst- My 'friend' (one of those people I hung out with but never really liked all that much.) Was arguing with me about ponies and was saying how it was stupid because it was for little girls. And these two guys were saying how stupid and gay it was to like ponies. One of them then said in a mocking voice "So are you like 'Ooh! I can't wait for a new episode of My Little Ponyyy!'

And I replied "Yep. Every saturday."

He ended there XD

• Brohoof 6

Best- Got a few of my best friends from liking ponies. And I found out my sister likes it and got my other sister into it.

Worst- My 'friend' (one of those people I hung out with but never really liked all that much.) Was arguing with me about ponies and was saying how it was stupid because it was for little girls. And these two guys were saying how stupid and gay it was to like ponies. One of them then said in a mocking voice "So are you like 'Ooh! I can't wait for a new episode of My Little Ponyyy!'

And I replied "Yep. Every saturday."

He ended there XD

Yeah, I noticed that most bad reactions come from friends you hung around with but never really liked. And I would have replied the same way.

P.S. Something that made me laugh, I showed mlp to one of my friends who is gay and he said and I qoute, "eww that's straight." XD

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hmm. Seems interesting.

Best:

*After friend sees my iPhone wallpaper

Me: So yeah, I'm a brony.

Friend: You legitimately enjoy watching a show about cartoon ponies? Why?

Me: (Explains Discord)

Friend: Alright, I'll check it out.

Worst:

Basically, a druggie at my school stabbed me, saying that ponies were gay and bronies should be killed.. I put him in the hospital with multiple fractures, including one in his femur. I got in no trouble.

Edited by MidnightBlue
  • Brohoof 12

(edited)

Best Reaction: At my school I was wearing an MLP shirt that had Rianbow Dash and text on it that said "Needs to be about 20% cooler". A guy that I'v always seen in the hall but never really talked to came up to me out of the blue and was like "OMG I knew I couldn't have been the only one!". He proceeded to give me a bro-hoof, naturally I excepted and now he's one of my closest friends.wub.png

Worst Reaction: *Wearing the same shirt* 

Scumbag at my school -  Dude you like MLP!? WTF Is wrong with you!?

Me - *Use Deep voice and act like a creepy pedophile around him so he'll get creeped out and leaves me alone* happy.png

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 7

Yeah, I noticed that most bad reactions come from friends you hung around with but never really liked. And I would have replied the same way.

P.S. Something that made me laugh, I showed mlp to one of my friends who is gay and he said and I qoute, "eww that's straight." XD

Yeah, sometimes I wondered why I hung out with them, haha.

Lololol, thats why saying "thats gay" makes no sense whatsoever. What, are gay people supposed to say how straight things are?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Both are from some of my brothers.

Watching Anthology while he was supposed to be packing, he notices me, sits and watches while parents are yelling at him.

Told other brother.

says um.....(a lot) and tries to change the conversation subject, then keeps changing it unable to get comfortable.

Edited by tranglam
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The best reaction I got was from my "friend" last year. He was a little shocked at first, but didn't judge me. He gave it a try and liked it too. I told him it was good and now he definitely believes me.

The worst reaction was from another "friend" I knew last year. The moment he found out he didn't want to be my friend anymore and treated me like total garbage. Still does to this day.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 2

Best: I was wearing a pony shirt in a community parade of the 4th and some guy can to talk to my brother and me. He introduced us to himself and his (rather attractive ;) ) daughter. When I shook her hand she said "Nice shirt." I just replied with "Thanks" I'm not sure if she was brony/pegasister.

Worst: I've been lucky all that I got where some weird looks.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best Reaction: Classmate

Me: (is doodling a Fluttershy picture on my notepad)

Her: Hey, is that from the show My Little Pony?

Me: Yep

Her: Its cute.

Me: Thanks

Worst Reaction: Mum

Me: (has just bought a MLP:FIM magazine from the news-agency)

Mum: Is it that worthy to buy stuff like that?

Me: img-1642442-1-803.gif

Mum: Even your younger cousin who's only six wouldn't waste their time buying something that babyish.

My expression: img-1642442-1-tumblr_m3aeveI9zC1rthxy9o1

Edited by Saddle ~ Arabia
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Best Reaction Ever: My friend 

Before: "Umm that's cool. 'Gives me blank face'

After (from a text/SMS message): "So I finally gave up and started to watch My Little Pony. I am now addicted... Don't tell anyone :P"

The message was simply priceless. 

Worst Reaction Ever: My Friend

I was playing MLP music at our university's main hall. No one knew where it was from, and they all thought it sounded awesome. A friend of mine asked where it was from. I told him and he was like, "Dude are you serious?! C'MON!!" I just kept a blank face. He doesn't bug me about MLP at all though, so it wasn't that bad. 

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

Best one: My little brother (11 y-o). "What are you watching, Markus? Oh My little pony, Are you one of those... ehm.."  - "Bronies?"        - "Yeah that, that's awesome!"

Worst one: I was talking about mlp in the theater and then some guy yelled " BRONIES ARE FAGS!"

• Brohoof 1

Best Reaction:

"Gasp! You're a brony too! O-M-G! Who do you think the best pony is? Let's start a club!" *does a dance* (Yes, this person does, in fact, drink heavy doses of coffee hourly.)

Worst Reaction:

"You like My Little Pony...? Really. Wow, that's sad."

Worst Reaction Ever: My Friend

I was playing MLP music at our university's main hall. No one knew where it was from, and they all thought it sounded awesome. A friend of mine asked where it was from. I told him and he was like, "Dude are you serious?! C'MON!!" I just kept a blank face. He doesn't bug me about MLP at all though, so it wasn't that bad. 

Your friends have good taste, at least in music. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic music is epic. Which song was it? Just curious.

• Brohoof 2

Best Reaction:

"Gasp! You're a brony too! O-M-G! Who do you think the best pony is? Let's start a club!" *does a dance* (Yes, this person does, in fact, drink heavy doses of coffee hourly.)

Worst Reaction:

"You like My Little Pony...? Really. Wow, that's sad."

Your friends have good taste, at least in music. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic music is epic. Which song was it? Just curious.

Let's see... I played Fluttershy's Lullaby, So Many Wonders, and the Pony Pokey. They didn't mind the music; they found it entertaining haha. It's also probably because I'm known as a good pianist around these parts.

Well, when I told my ex-boyfriend, Jordan, I was a Brony he made fun of me and was being an asshole about it. :( We broke up and stuff but it really hurt.

But when I told one of my best friends, Lauren, she totally respected me which I loved. (She had an obsession with Bratz dolls so she understood me completely) It's awesome to finally be accepted for what I like :) 

• Brohoof 4

The best reaction - 

I was looking up pictures of ponies to post here on Forums. I forgot that my friend was coming over, and I heard a knock at the door. It was my friend, and my mom let her in. She came into my room and asked, "What're you searching up?" I hesitated, and I said, "I'm a pegasister." She was just like "..." and then took off her sweater and showed a RD shirt. I then got so happy that I smashed a window with my mattress.

The worst reaction - 

I was on Instagram looking up pony accounts and following them. My little cousin came and asked what I was doing. I told her that I was looking at MLP pictures, and she asked, "You like ponies?" with a shocked look.  :o  :blink:

And I was like  :angry:  GAHAHAHAHAH

• Brohoof 5

The best reaction was, well, I had two...

Firstly, MLP:FIM is pretty much unknown where I'm from. Bronies??? Never knew they existed. 

1. I was fairly new to the fandom when I thought I had to suck up the courage and show it!!! In the L.O (Life Orientation) class, we get every Friday off from the teacher. He sends us to the pavilion, and we can do anything, as long as we stay on the pavilion. I took my Samsung with me and a pair of headphones, and watched episodes off it. So this (Fairly popular) girl walks up to me and asks :"What'cha watchin'??" I said (my heart racing of anxiousness) "My little Pony" She starts to giggle and asked me if she could watch with me. I said sure and handed her an earpiece. After a while I asked her "Are you a brony??" She looked at me and said, "what's a brony??" 

After an explanation giggled and said "That's cute".................................... (Not sure if she meant it in a good way, but since then she is paying a little more attention to me.........) ^_^   

2. One of my friends, Merinus, also got curious and asked what I was doing. I told him the lot, and he said :"So, your like, really into this??" Me "Yea, I am (Barely concealing a laugh) " Merinus said "Oh, that's cool, can you maybe, give me a few episodes???"

:yay:

The bad one:

I was watching a short Crazy Twilight compilation, when one of the boys in my class notices and calls the rest of the boys, as insensitive as they are, started making fund of me, insulted me, and made me feel worthless......... :(

• Brohoof 4