Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst and Best Reaction of Telling Someone You're a Brony

lighting flash

Best reaction:  Told my friend a while back when I first started getting into it. At first he was like :  :unsure: Uhh okay dude so like why do you like it all of the sudden?! I was like because this show is just awesome like that  :fiery: ... Show him a couple of clips and he was like hmmm.... not to shabby  :umad:  :derp:  :derp: .

Worst reactions: My mom saw my shirt I had of derpy and was like what the buck is this crap....  :eww:

I was like: So I started liking this show out of the blue and it just so happened to be pretty freaking awesome  :muffins: . She then said "your so stupid  :mellow: ..." stop wasting your money on stupid crap. My reaction  :fiery: okay!?!? :huh:

Then my one friend I told as well was like so your like a brownie??! lmao

• Brohoof 1

Best: My big brother best friend forever.

Me: "[bro's name], I have to tell you something, I watch My Little Pony"

Him: "Awesome! I'm so glad to see you're being yourself, I actually have seen that show, it's not bad, just not my kind of thing. But awesome that you like it!"

Worst: My mum had found my drawings of characters on my desk, I was really proud of my Cadence one, so i left it on my desk, she questioned me many times on it before delivering the killer blow saying that I was "a dissapointment". I actually was so downhearted by my own mum's statement that I starved myself for 3 days because I couldn't eat anything, I felt terrible. I tore up my drawings even though I was so proud of them and then thought about leaving the fandom. Luckily I didn't and my mum apologised but still I was just shaken by her statement

Infact thinking about it, scrap that last one, my best reaction was when I found a drawing of vinyl scratch in the planner of a girl at my school, I went home and messaged her on skype asking her about it, we'd not really spoken but she seemed pretty cool, I messaged her telling her I was also a brony, we spoke for about 7 hours straight before I eventually asked her out, we went out for a year, she was the best girlfriend I'd ever had, she dumped me recently and broke my heart but despite that I had at least met the most wonderful girl in the world through the fandom, and that makes this the best reaction I ever had. Even though I miss her so much

Literally only one person knows. She thought it was weird, and she definitely judged me for it. Still does. However, it's not surprising that I would like a show like this, so it's not like it's too weird ... but it's weird enough that I don't talk about it with her ever. 

Best Reaction:

Me: "Hey (friend's name), I'm a brony"

Him: "O...kay..."

Me: "Do you know what that is?"

Him: "Nope."

Worst Reaction:

Me: "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention mum, I am a brony."

Mum: "Does this mean you're gay now?"

Friday I almost revealed it to my dad. I was watching MLP until it was over. Right after the last episode ended and I changed the channel, he got home. Saturday I had planned to watch Power Ponies but I didn't wake up in time. Stupid me using my iPod all night every night until it dies. I planned on having the alarm go off to wake me up. Also, my little brother has gotten into the show (he's only 3) and my dad has called the show a curse on humanity... basically this means it would be hard to explain without hate. *sigh* Why must people make these things so hard to explain? At least there is a brony on my bus who I joke about it with (I told him to eat a unicorn, then said it was a joke and not to take it seriously, hopefully he didn't)

Best:

Me: "Hey, Afty, I'm a brony."

@AfTeRwArDs"*SQUEE* WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE!?!?!"

Me: "Rarity. :D "

Afty: "nununununu. See, you got it all wrong. Rainbow Dash is best pony."

:lol:

Worst:

Chubby bully @ school: "Hey, don't you like My Little Pony or something?"

Me: "Yeahh. I'm a Brony."

Him: "What the fuck is that?"

Me: "A dude who likes My Little Pony."

Him: "Isn't that just for girls, though?"

Me: "I guess you can say that. I dunno, you've got a couple of tits, and I thought those were just for girls."

We both got slammed with detentions. :okiedokielokie:

I should add that tone amounted to everything in that conversation.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 5

Best reaction: Them: You like my little pony? Ok. Does that mean you are going to be a brony now? Me: No, I'll be a pegasister. Duh.

Worst reaction: I guess I've never had one. I mean nobody has much of a problem with a girl watching my little pony. I much older than what some people think the show was meant for though and I only know a few people at my high school, who know I watch the show and they watch it back, so we're both cool. However, I'm not so sure about anyone one else, since some tease me for still liking Pokémon at this age...

Worst (Stranger): I'm walking down the street with my Rainbow Dash shirt on and a lady shouts out from her car, "PEDOFILE." img-1627319-1-dry.png

That sucks, I'm suprised bronies haven't became large knowledge OUTSIDE the web.

On topic, my best one was:

"hey, so I'm like a brony and stuff."

then my friend replies "you're a major league player, huh?"

the worst:

"That's weird, dude."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if best reaction, but it was pretty much what I expected from friends and people who know me well for the last couple years or more, "I can't believe Zhortac is a brony." followed by jaw drops and WTFs lol.

Worst is probably my step father, "I thought you were straight." Not the first time I wanted to punch him, and probably not the last...but still, really stupid.

Y'know, to tell the truth, I hardly get any reactions to my admittance of being a brony. Usually people just look at my Pinkie Pie shirt or the pony I might be drawing, nod, say it's cute or whatever, and continue on their merry way. Might be because I'm female. It's handled a little better than men liking the show, from what I've seen. The hardest time I ever have gotten is when my mom sees me doing commissions instead of homework and gets upset, but that's about it... I'm pretty neutral in regards to treatment from others. But if I had to choose the best reactions, I would say that my favorites are when little kids approach me and compliment my Pinkie shirt, telling me they like ponies too. It's awfully cute.

Best:

Me: "Hey, Afty, I'm a brony."

@AfTeRwArDs"*SQUEE* WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE!?!?!"

Me: "Rarity. :D "

Afty: "nununununu. See, you got it all wrong. Rainbow Dash is best pony."

:lol:

Worst:

Chubby bully @ school: "Hey, don't you like My Little Pony or something?"

Me: "Yeahh. I'm a Brony."

Him: "What the fuck is that?"

Me: "A dude who likes My Little Pony."

Him: "Isn't that just for girls, though?"

Me: "I guess you can say that. I dunno, you've got a couple of tits, and I thought those were just for girls."

We both got slammed with detentions. :okiedokielokie:

I should add that tone amounted to everything in that conversation.

LMAO!!!! This is the funniest thing I've heard all week JUST GREAT!!!

• Brohoof 1

Best Reaction

Me: Sooooo Im a brony now

Friend : HECK YEAH now we can discuss the show

worst reaction

Me watching mlp:

*Dad walks in* 

Dad: Is that my little pony?

Me: Yeah

Dad: its late go to bed

Me: but im on the last episode of the season

Dad: go to bed

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best:

Me: (after stalling for a while) I'm a brony.

Mom: what's a brony?

(I explain what a brony is)

Mom: Whatever.

1 week later

Mom: I saw this plushie today at Hobby Lobby and I thought you'd like it

Me:  :wub:

Worst 

Me: I'm a Brony

My best friend: Oh my god, I know what that is.

My best friend: are you gay? why do you like a show for 5 year old girls.

Best comeback ever!

Edited by aceassasin
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Worst (Stranger): I'm walking down the street with my Rainbow Dash shirt on and a lady shouts out from her car, "PEDOFILE." img-1627319-1-dry.png

I think I wouldn't be able to stop laughing for a week if that happend to me. Thats just to rediculous to not be funny! :lol:

The best: I actualy met my first girlfriend that way. We became instant fiends after that and started dating a few weeks later. Were broken up now though... I miss her so much. :(

The worst: I haven't had too many bad ones. The worst I think was when one of my teachers was picking on me for it in front of the class. I'm pretty sure that he was joking (even though he realy doesn't like bronys) and everyone in the class was pretty cool with it, but it was still pretty embarrasing. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Me being a female, the worst one was probably something along the lines of "gaaay" to which I giggled.

Best one was my co-worker, he made a facebook status about a pony app so at work I called him a brony to which he replied, "You're just mad cuz Im Pinkie Pie!" ahh good times.

Another funny one was when I convinced my boyfriend to convert.  He says, "Oh my god I'm a brony. Am I gay for liking this?"  :yay:  of course not.

• Brohoof 1