Worst and Best Reaction of Telling Someone You're a Brony

lighting flash

Telling my dad I was a brony;

Me: "So, uh dad? I'm a brony."

Dad: "You're a what?"

Me: "A Brony. I like My Little Pony."

Dad: "You like what?!"

Me: "Uh, nevermind..."

Best reactions? When I told my younger sister (13) she admitted that she has watched the show secretly on the Hub because she has a pegasister friend at school, and she likes it too. I converted my best friend to the herd while we were browsing Netflix at 2 in the morning. And my dad was surprisingly cool with it.

Worst? Well my I'm pretty sure my mom and some of my other friends think I'm secretly gay now lol

best reaction people see my ponys drawing in school girls stop and stare and its so cute and say there awsome

boys think the drawing are cool

worst reaction well never got a bad reaction from everyone

(edited)

Best Reaction:

Me-"God I love this show."

Friend-"What show?" Peers over shoulder.

Me-"My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic."

Friend-"Laimmm!"

((1 hour later...))

Friend-"Oh my gosh! This is so cute!!!"

Me-"Damn straight."

Worst Reaction:

I get dirty looks.

Edited by Dark_Princess_Luna

Best: Oh that's nice.... Where can I find it?

Worst: [Warning: this is censored..... very VERY bad things were said so... CENSORED] **** You you ******* gay little pony boy. I bet you **** *** to them. I hope you die you gay pony watching ******!!!......  I had to stop his little rant with a swift fist to the face..... Its a sad sad world we live in aint it?

• Brohoof 1

The best reaction I got so far:

Mom: *walks into room*

Me: *is watching MLP:FiM*

Me: U-uh, mom, it's not what you think...

Mom: Are those...ponies?

Me: *nods*

Mom: Oh my gosh. They look so cute!

Me: *sigh of relief* I like watching this...

Mom: Well...can I watch it with you?

The rest of the night, me and my mom watched a whole season before she went to bed. The next day, she got me a Fluttershy necklace. So cute~

The worst reaction I got so far:

Me: *is walking through the school with Fluttershy necklace on*

(I'm just going to call the person "CAM" =3=")

CAM: Hey, what's that gay pony necklace doing on your neck, ***?

Me: It's...It's...

CAM: You look so gay with that necklace on. Are you gay?

Me: (I'm trans AND bi, so this is offensive to me.) I'm not gay, thank you very much.

CAM: HEY GUYS LOOK, *** WATCHES MY LITTLE PONY HAHAHAHA

Everyone else: *laughs along with CAM*

Me: U-Um...at least I don't suck dicks.

Me: *walks away tearing up*

*sigh* 

Sorry if that was a bit offensive, I put it in a spoiler to keep the peace here.

Anyways, that's it for me OwO

• Brohoof 2

Let's see...

Worst First:

Stranger Reaction- Whilst walking along sidewalk wearing Rainbow Dash shirt passenger of Volkswagen yells "Brony! 20 Points!". Driver immediately afterwards attempts to run me over.

Best was a neutral reaction entirely. Don't remember who from.

Um...I got nothing. I FOUND BRONIES AT SCHOOL. I guess that's great, and that's a reaction..most don't give me bad (my friend just hates it, but she's cool still lol) MAINLY, that was my only negative reaction. I'm a girl, they didn't care much since I am one. They wouldn't tease me anyways..I watch cartoons all the time...so they know I love MLP.

(edited)

Best: My brother saw me watching the show in my room and had one of the best WTF faces ever. He then proceeded to ask me why I was watching the show and I explain to him about bronies and a quick synopsis on the fandom. He then watched the rest of the episode with me (The episode being The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000) and understood why I enjoyed the show so much. I also showed him the music community (as he is currently working on a music career) which he also thought was pretty cool!

Worst: This very strange guy from my school had been stocking me on the internet and soon found out I was a brony. He then tells everyone in my school that I enjoy a show with technicolored ponies and I kinda got semi depressed for a little while. Then I remember something my good friend Marty Mcfly once said  :P . On a side note, this was a kid who was in a C.O.D clan and made montage videos in his spare time.

Edited by Derpy Hoops
  • Brohoof 2

The best reaction I got from telling my dad that I was a brony went like this:

Me: Dad, I'm brony and I like ponies.

Dad: ... And?

Me: I was frozen today!

Dad: ... ... ... Well, if you like ponies.. then okay. * Walks out of room awkwardly*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I guess I'm a little lucky here

Best - Best friend found out

Best friend: You watch My Little Pony?

Me:...Yeah

Friend: Gimme a brohoof

Me:VictoryGuyBlackSS.png

That feeling you get when you find out your best friend is also a brony

Worst - Older Brother

*Little brother, who also watches the show, buys me a RD plushie as a prank to expose my bronyness for Christmas*

*Older Brother laughs ass off*

Me: Well, at least he got my favorite

Older Brother: YOU WATCH IT?

Needless to say, my older brother actually took it rather well and hasn't disowned me. At worst he'll just occasionally say I'm weird(which I take as a compliment thank you very much)

Edited by Godot

My father

Me: Hey old man! I'm a brony!

Old man: So now you fuck ponys? first your a homosexual which I'm ok with but now ponys?! 

Me: no old man, I love the show MLP:FIM

Old man: Oh ok.

My friend Kelly

Me: Babycakes! I'm a brony!

Kelly: WTF is a brony?!

Me: It's what I'm now... I love MLP:FIM

Kelly: omg you need help!

Me: NO you need help! if you cant let the power of friendship in to you're heart! then you need help!!

My Wife(I like shemales)

Me: Ah my Goddess! I have something to tell you!

Victoria: Ok what is it?

Me: I'm a brony!

Victoria: Oh fuck I know that!

Me: HOW?

Victoria: I had seen MLP:FIM on are Netfilx recently watched that's how...duuuh

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what I'm scared of... the only person who knows I watch the show is my sister, and she teases me LOADS about it...

I've been trying to hide it all for almost 2 1/2 years, and I've had some close calls. I'm worried of what my friends will think, and - I know this is a bit silly, but - I'm worried that they will start to dislike me, or tease/bully me about it. If they were to then spread it, I'd probably be teased alot, so I'm hiding all the evidence I can.  :(  :(  :( 

This is exactly what I'm scared of... the only person who knows I watch the show is my sister, and she teases me LOADS about it...

I've been trying to hide it all for almost 2 1/2 years, and I've had some close calls. I'm worried of what my friends will think, and - I know this is a bit silly, but - I'm worried that they will start to dislike me, or tease/bully me about it. If they were to then spread it, I'd probably be teased alot, so I'm hiding all the evidence I can.  :(  :(  :( 

I actually don't mind people finding out the most - it's telling people that I can't do. I'm one of the shyest people in my whole year, and I can hardly tell something like this to my own mum!  :(  :(  :( 

I have 2.

Dad: Hey, what're you watching?

Me: ...Ponies.

Dad: Hm. Cool.

(a few months later)

Dad: You really like that show, Pinkie Pie.

Me: 0_0 How'd you know her name?

Dad: I hear you talk about her all the time.

Me: Hm.

My Best Friend (we were having a sleepover, My Little Pony was on a disc, in my room)

Me: Oh, I forgot MLP was on here. Er...

Bestie: That's alright, we can watch it, :)

Me: ^-^

(we watched like, 10 episodes)

Bestie: This show is so cute! I like it!

Me: -fluttershy voice- Yay!

Worst:

Brother: Hey, wanna play Call of Duty?

Me: Sure, just a sec.

Brother: Ugh, still talking to those mentally retarded homos?

Me: They're bronies, and they are actually, very intelligent, and only a few are gay.

Brother: Nevermind, you'd probably rather talk to those little shitfaces anyway.

Me: Nooooooooo!

Brother: Have fun! You gay supporter!

Me: ...What's wrong with gays?

Brother: Screw it.

Both from work: One girl was absolutely excited to find someone interested in the show. She said she loved it, too.

One girl insinuated I was a pedophile. She was backed by another, male, coworker.

Well I'm not sure that these people know I'm a brony or web watch mlp but here it goes. Best I tag my vine videos 20%cooler on most videos so I'm at newbury comics with my best friend and he sees a rainbow dash magnet that say 20%cooler he just gives me a look later we are looking at posters and he sees a mlp poster and says ha Willem you would like this Worst my sister says why is there mlp on your ipod I say oh I don't know I think one of my friends keeps getting songs as a joke my sister says oh ok

Well I'm not sure that these people know I'm a brony or web watch mlp but here it goes. Best I tag my vine videos 20%cooler on most videos so I'm at newbury comics with my best friend and he sees a rainbow dash magnet that say 20%cooler he just gives me a look later we are looking at posters and he sees a mlp poster and says ha Willem you would like this Worst my sister says why is there mlp on your ipod I say oh I don't know I think one of my friends keeps getting songs as a joke my sister says oh ok

• 3 months later...

Told first person today. I did it in a kind of sneaky way, though. I wanted to see if he would hate me for it. Luckily, it turned out fine.

Me: I have a test for you. A test to see how well you accept what other people like. Are you ready?

Friend: Sure.

Me: Remember, this is only a test.

Friend: Ok.

Me: I am a brony.

Friend: So?

Me: Good job, you passed!

Friend: Ok?

Me: Remember, I never said this was true.

Friend: I know.

Me: Can you keep a secret?

Friend: Of course.

Me (whispering): Its true.

Friend: Really?

Me: Yes. (My voice was kind of shaky at this point)

Friend: Ok.

Silence

Friend: So are you really a brony?

Me: Yeah. By the way, thanks for not hating.

Friend: It's fine. I won't be a brony though.

Me: I never asked you to be. Thankfully I didn't have to try to explain.

Topic then changed to games.

This is all after he said he would kinda hate me if I was a brony. Thankfully, I realised that if he wouldn't accept it, he isn't a good friend anyways.

Sorry for the long post. I even left some minor parts out where we joked about it. If anyone wants to help me out with this forum, thanks, as this is my first post and I know absolutely nothing.

Edit:

I finally have a worst one.

I told a kid on my bus who I thought was a good friend, not sure anymore, that I had been dared to watch every episode of MLP by someone (this is true, the person who dared me didn't know and absolutely hates bronies) and said I don't want to watch every episode again. He then asked me who the rainbow pony was and I said "the one with rainbow hair?" but he meant a completely rainbow pony. He then screamed that he likes rainbow ponies for no reason and another anti-brony was in the seat in front of us. Now this kid keeps telling me I'll get r*ped by ponies while I'm sleeping. :(

Edited by BruinBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I have actually not told anyone I'm a brony, but peoples reaction around where I live would probably be close minded and ignorant, being from rural Nebraska and all.

honestly my parents dont really care i dont get pony merchandise here because GOT DAMIT CHINA Y U BAN MLP FROM PHILIPHINES the only mlp toys i ever got my hands on is the one from mc donalds which causin utterly trashed :c

oh you know what happens when i tell them i watch my little pony? their reaction is "what is that show?" 

sigh being a pilipino in  a nut shell.

A friend of mine and another friend were up doing improvisation games in Drama class last week. One of my friends was pretending to be hallucinating and seeing mythical creatures. Anyway, my other somewhat-friend-acquaintance was all like-

'You like MLP, don't you?'

And I was like-post-14338-0-18855100-1386737438_thumb.jpg

As for my experiences with telling people, everyone's reactions were kinda neutral anyway. No pony I've told had that much opinion anyway. :P

• Brohoof 2

Best: Mom: What is this?

Me: My Little Pony, it's pretty badass.

Mom: This isn't like a drug thing, is it?

She ended up watching with me and really enjoyed it, and then she watched Equestria Girls and kept commenting on how certain things were disturbing. She loved it.

Worst: My boyfriend and I actually got into arguments over it.

• Brohoof 1