Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird foods invented by you?

♞RedLotus♞

I dont think im the only person who has been so hungry at home, and since I personally cant go out and order food because im only 14 years old and my parrents are working, ive made up some weird yet tasty foods.

Has anyone else done the same thing? Whether its a special sanwhich or a desert... a combination of two things perhaps? Share your ideas here lol.

Here are some of mines to start off the thread. 

Waffle sandwhiches: Now Im not sure if this is an actual thing that people eat or im just one of the very few people who does it. but I put two waffles in the toaster, top some cheese, ham, a bit of butter or some cream cheese, and bam a waffle sandwhich! Good for breakfast or lunch.

ham and cheese rolls: So I have this mini little electrical grill, used for cooking small burgers or toasting sanwhiches, and what I do is basically get rolls of sliced ham, and stuff them with powedered cheese, then I close them up with a toothpick and place them in the grill until they are seared. 

nutella and straw berries: Now I know that this isnt very rare and alot of people do it, but its an alternative to stawberries and chocolate syrup. 

I have always enjoyed trying random foods and seeing what they tasted like

Ok so this was one I invented today,I got a banana and mayonnaise and mixed them in a bowl and ate them with a spoon (not very tasty)

Pickles dipped in sour cream.

In fact, anything dipped in sour cream. I can eat anything that has been in it (besides meats for obvious vegetarian reasons). It's very unhealthy so I don't do it often, but it's so good.

ham and cheese rolls: So I have this mini little electrical grill, used for cooking small burgers or toasting sanwhiches, and what I do is basically get rolls of sliced ham, and stuff them with powedered cheese, then I close them up with a toothpick and place them in the grill until they are seared.   

I know loads of people who do that. It's very common. XD

• Brohoof 1

After a couple knowledge of chemistry I acquired, I soon after started to make experiences with acids and bases.

And, well, I tried Milk and Coca-Cola, and, guess what.

THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DRANK.

I have always enjoyed trying random foods and seeing what they tasted like

Ok so this was one I invented today,I got a banana and mayonnaise and mixed them in a bowl and ate them with a spoon (not very tasty)

That sounds pretty strange haha, I wonder you got the idea from

Pickles dipped in sour cream.

In fact, anything dipped in sour cream. I can eat anything that has been in it (besides meats for obvious vegetarian reasons). It's very unhealthy so I don't do it often, but it's so good.

I know loads of people who do that. It's very common. XD

That sounds a bit tasty because I do like sour cream but at the same time im not much of a pickle fan myself. 

After a couple knowledge of chemistry I acquired, I soon after started to make experiences with acids and bases.

And, well, I tried Milk and Coca-Cola, and, guess what.

THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DRANK.

That sounds rather odd too! But it also sounds unique lol i never heard of it before and I kinda want to try it now haha since you say its really good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, it's not even weird may be but still -

1. Dip bread in egg.

2. Put it at pan.

3. Wait.

4. Turn it.

5. Put tomatoes and cheese on already fried side.

6. Wait.

7. Eat.

Good for breakfast.

Well and one more -

1. Mix absinthe with sambuca

2. Set on fire

3. Wait

4. Blow out

5. Drink.

We calling it "soft dragon"

Edited by HungryTroll

(edited)

There was this one time back in 1st grade where I mixed three foods together and made something very weird. Those foods were fried fish, peas, and strawberry jello. Needless to say, it tasted very awful and looked disgusting.

Edited by SmartyPants

Although it’s inspired by a comic strip, the food I invented is probably something that most ponies wouldn’t normally associate together very often. That would be “Hammie’s Famous Hamburger-Peanut-Raisin Casserole”. It’s very good whether you use real meat or not. Realistically though, there is no such thing as a "weird food". Weirdness exists in our point of view.

(edited)

Well, this one isn't too weird I suppose but I love to spread Nutella and marshmallow fluff on Wasa or Finn Crisp. It's even better if you sprinkle raisins and pecans on it. 

Edited by Idyll Wisp
  • Brohoof 2

Well, *I* have never invented a food before, but my little sister did when she was six, and it is still used as a reference point whenever she tries to give us cooking advice.  One time, she had one of those microwavable cups of macoroni, and a can of cream soda.   She decided that the macoroni was "too hot", so she poured her soda INTO the macoroni to "cool it down".  Then she ate it.  The reason I'm putting this into a thread about foods you invented that were actually GOOD, is because afterwards she SAID it was good.  She's ten now, and though she's never done it again, she still says it was good.  I wouldn't know, because I don't do stupid tthings.  So, there's that.

I always like to experiment with food so, I just add jalapenos to my ham & swiss cheese sandwiches to add some extra spice. Not bad at all, just it likes to turn my stomach into an active volcano.

Here's a fun idea: Fizzy bread!

Take a piece of bread, preferably with a soft center and crispy crust (french baguette work especially well), and give it a quick dip in a soda of your choice. I've tried it with Coca Cola and Pepsi, but any carbonated drink will do. Dip the bread long enough for it to soak up some of the soda like a sponge, but not too long or the bread will get too wet and mushy.

I discovered this at a restaurant one day when waiting for the waitress to bring the main order, it's surprisingly good.

I once combined snickers and pixie sticks...it was awful but my friend enjoyed it.

I combined ice and milk....yes, it tasted awful.

I combine french fries and a Wendy's frosty before...it tastes AMAZING.

I combined pizza and popcorn before as well. 

I also combined pizza and a cherry-flavored icee...it was...okay. 

Grapes + Pizza was an okay combination...tasted weird combined, though.

It's technically a drink, but I combined milk and Mountain Dew before...tasted better than it should have. >.>

Also under drinks, I combined Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Coke, Pepsi and Mountain Dew before...it was...AMAZING.

Okay, this is not really an invention by me, but when I first got the idea, I thought I was the only one.

Chocolate French Fries.

Yes, that is correct. All you need are the fries, but without salt. Then you take chocolate syrup or, even better, nutella.

E voila, you have one damn tasty snack!

I tried cheese with almonds once, and cheese combined with gala apples is surprisingly sweet and creamy.

However, my brother has more of a knack for this type of thing. He puts Goldfish in his mashed potatoes (which is actually pretty tasty if you don't mind starch upon starch) and he used to love making combinations of different sodas, such as Pepsi Dew. 

This isn't too off the wall, but I dump a bunch of barbeque sauce in my macaroni and cheese.

I'm not too creative with food. xD There was one time when I was little and I made my mom a peanut butter&jelly&cheese sandwich, though.

This is one of the best soda mixes I have ever tried:

Sprite and Root Beer. It really tastes good. Sounds disgusting, but it's still a good combination.

(edited)

I like to make pop corn nachos and this is one of my most tastiest invention ever! It looked so good i had to take a picture of it before eating it  :yay:

IT actually looks really tasty in this picture i took with my new camera. Im not sure what to call this yet

8ZXn7eM.jpg

Edited by Dashie~

(edited)

i ate a

peanut butter, nutella, chicken, ham, cheese, chocolate buttons, jam (jelly if your american), and skittles (about 2 big bags) Sandwich 

...i was sick sooooo much

Edited by Vermillion

Well... I'm ashamed of admitting it but...

McDonalds fries dipped in either the filling of McDonalds cherry pies or dipped in a Mcflurry. It's disgustingly tasty!  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

One really weird thing I like to do is dip cheese pizza in applesauce. It's delicious. I also will sometimes put applesauce in macaroni and cheese, which is also great.

Well... I'm ashamed of admitting it but...

McDonalds fries dipped in either the filling of McDonalds cherry pies or dipped in a Mcflurry. It's disgustingly tasty!  :blush:

I know, right? I started dipping my french fries in my milkshakes because somebody on Kim Possible did it. The salty-sweetness actually tastes really good.

I know, right? I started dipping my french fries in my milkshakes because somebody on Kim Possible did it. The salty-sweetness actually tastes really good.

In the milkshakes? I may have to try this some time, any certain flavour or just plain? Mine had nothing to do with Kim Possible, it was a dare. They thought I was crazy for continuing to eat them like that.

In the milkshakes? I may have to try this some time, any certain flavour or just plain? Mine had nothing to do with Kim Possible, it was a dare. They thought I was crazy for continuing to eat them like that.

I haven't done it for a while, but I don't think that it really mattered. I remember getting a lot of Strawberry milkshakes, though.