Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

He was mainly referring to the part where Flash was helping Twilight up her feet after she got away from the crowd of students after the bell. And I think most particularly when he helped Twilight clear her name when Luna was "interrogating" her.

Yeah, cause this is something that only he could do >_> .

I could undestand being friend, but the love part is forced. She fall really so fast in love for someone who is not even of her species?

This is like if in Avatar the protagonist and the female alien gets in love in first 10 minuts of the movie.

Yeah, cause this is something that only he could do >_> .

I could undestand being friend, but the love part is forced. She fall really so fast in love for someone who is not even of her species?

This is like if in Avatar the protagonist and the female alien gets in love in first 10 minuts of the movie.

No, it's not something only he could do, but it's something that unlike everyone else, he had the guts to do because he's the only non-primary character to have shown no fear of whatever consequences he would have to face under Sunset's wrath for acting against her.

And as I said, having a crush on someone =! being in love. She was infatuated and interested in him, but certainly not in love with him.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

No, it's not something only he could do, but it's something that unlike everyone else, he had the guts to do because he's the only non-primary character to have shown no fear of whatever consequences he would have to face under Sunset's wrath for acting against her.

And as I said, having a crush on someone =! being in love. She was infatuated and interested in him, but certainly not in love with him.

And why couldn't the humans 5 take his place? And how did he knew where to looking for the proof. And such proof would not be necessary if Luna wasn't a complete idiot.

For the rest, i hope that is only a crush and nothing more.

Luna had to take an IQ drop for Flash to "knight in shining armor" the scene. She'll be remembered as an incompetent vice principal.

Where did Flash get the evidence? Plot hole. Maybe it involves him pushing around Sunset's lackeys or something bad. Sunset would be smart to destroy the evidence once the photos were forged.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

Luna had to take an IQ drop for Flash to "knight in shining armor" the scene. She'll be remembered as an incompetent vice principal.

Where did Flash get the evidence? Plot hole. Maybe it involves him pushing around Sunset's lackeys or something bad. Sunset would be smart to destroy the evidence once the photos were forged.

Yeah, just how and where did he knew how to find the proofs of Twilight innocence, and why if Sunset, who is said to be as smart as Twilight, didn't destroy such proofs? And why would she leave the job of the get rid of the proof to dumb and more dumb?.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, just how and where did he knew how to find the proofs of Twilight innocence, and why if Sunset, who is said to be as smart as Twilight, didn't destroy such proofs? And why would she leave the job of the get rid of the proof to dumb and more dumb?.

It doesn't just stop there. Luna continues the established incompetent vice principal because there is no follow up on Twilight being framed. Luna should have gone after Sunset for lying to her and giving her false evidence. It was obvious that Sunset was using under handed tactics to win the contest. Luna was quick to yank Twilight out of the contest but drops the ball just like her IQ for Flash.

Luna doesn't question where Flash got his evidence. She just takes his word and all at face value.

Also taking Twilight out of the contest is rather light compared to the supposed crime that was done. Luna should have at least suggested bringing in Twilight's parents which would have threaten her cover.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

It doesn't just stop there. Luna continues the established incompetent vice principal because there is no follow up on Twilight being framed. Luna should have gone after Sunset for lying to her and giving her false evidence. It was obvious that Sunset was using under handed tactics to win the contest. Luna was quick to yank Twilight out of the contest but drops the ball just like her IQ for Flash.

Luna doesn't question where Flash got his evidence. She just takes his word and all at face value.

Also taking Twilight out of the contest is rather light compared to the supposed crime that was done. Luna should have at least suggested bringing in Twilight's parents which would have threaten her cover.

You know, i have an idea. Or better a theory about the after interrogation. The fact that Sunset and her henchmen were in the utility room makes me think that maybe they were hiding by the Vice principal to avoid being spotted. But the fact that Luna never said anything about wanting to interrogate Sunset makes me think that this movie had so many problem into making that they made a mess.

Or maybe the story is just written the way we saw and Vice Luna is a complete idiot.

In one way or an other, it sucks.

Personally, I hate it when a show introduces something as big as Flash Sentry in a extended special or movie, then never referrs to it again. So I do hope Flash Sentry and Twilight are mentioned in the future.

Yeah, he was so big that he had little no real scenes in the movie, expect only one, wich had to make a great character (even if humanizide) a complete idiot.

• Brohoof 1

You know, i have an idea. Or better a theory about the after interrogation. The fact that Sunset and her henchmen were in the utility room makes me think that maybe they were hiding by the Vice principal to avoid being spotted. But the fact that Luna never said anything about wanting to interrogate Sunset makes me think that this movie had so many problem into making that they made a mess.

Or maybe the story is just written the way we saw and Vice Luna is a complete idiot.

In one way or an other, it sucks.

Sunset who's been doing this for a while would have learned to cover her tracks. She upped the ante to criminal going with conspiracy to commit vandalism of school property to setup Twilight with false evidence and false testimony in order to falsely prove Twilight guilty of a crime.

Maybe just maybe Celestia and Luna are suppose to be this incompetent when they don't even know what has been going on under their noses for all those years.

"'Flash as a stallion?"

I think 'Flash as a stallion and/or pony was okay, but I'm not a huge fan of him as a character. I think that he was needed in the movie, but I don't care for him too much as a pony, nor' human in that matter.

"'Flash as a human?"

Like I said above. His character in the movie was some-what needed, but I don't care for him that much. His pony character is better than his human character, in my opinion.

"'Flash W/ Twilight?"

I, personally, don't think 'Twilight is too ready for this sort of thing. I would understand her and him being in a relationship and not getting serious, but if they did get serious, I wouldn't know what to say. I think Twilight isn't ready for a relationship, since it would take time from spending days with her friends; and it'd take time from her royal duties and other important situtations that she'd need to deal with before her relationship. Also, I think their relationship wouldn't last too long; and it'd probably be 'Flash to break the ice.

Edited by Sinnersinner

Since I've been holding myself back with watching EQG and I'm more or less fresh after the movie, I think I'll start with one thing that bugged me the most.

So, in short:

His pony form... bright Orange guard. In golden armor. Why...? Why is he Orange? I swear to everything that's saint to me, shipping purple Twilight with THAT KIND of orange pony? All of my no! I know that contrasts are in season lately, at least in my place, but just... no~

Now, in 'human' form he was quite a typical character, when such shows are taken into consideration. Although... ...I do no understand why they just HAD to place romance in this. Just because it's a "high school" timing? I cannot shake the feeling that if they wanted to have, as mentioned above, a Deus Ex machina, they could have replaced Flash with Shining. It's not like his presence wouldn't give opportunities to create something interesting, seeing that he's Twi's brother. But introducing a new character for the sake of... right, what? Bringing up something new, but all in all pointless?

Nah. As long as Flash was a rather fine supporting character who was plainly made for specific reasons, I think EQG could have pulled through without him.

But meh, who am I to judge these things?

Flash to some can be seen as a symbol of business meddling in the FIM series. His character doesn't fit right with the show and doesn't have any interesting traits.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Personally I was fangirling over their awkward romance, and I would love to see their relationship progress further. That being said, Flash still needs a lot of character development- hopefully he's an undercover nerd and will read books with Twilight into the wee hours  :wub:

Flash to some can be seen as a symbol of the meddling in the FIM series. So to those fans, accepting Flash would be giving the thumbs up on any further meddling.

What in the world do you mean by "meddling?"

You mean the creators of the show doing things that you don't like?

Heaven forbid that they ever do anything that you do not approve of.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of focus on Twilight and Flash left the other Mane 5 hanging as they don't get any guys to take them to the Fall Formal. Applejack is stuck dancing with her brother.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of focus on Twilight and Flash left the other Mane 5 hanging as they don't get any guys to take them to the Fall Formal. Applejack is stuck dancing with her brother.

Oh please! Just how much focus was shifted from the mane 5 to Flash? The guy barely even got 5 minutes of screentime. And is it really that important that they all had a guy to dance with just because Twilight did? Because I'm sure that if the movie showed a love interest for ALL the mane 6, you'd be even more upset about it.

• Brohoof 1

Oh please! Just how much focus was shifted from the mane 5 to Flash? The guy barely even got 5 minutes of screentime. And is it really that important that they all had a guy to dance with just because Twilight did? Because I'm sure that if the movie showed a love interest for ALL the mane 6, you'd be even more upset about it.

Fans wouldn't care as much about the HuMane 5 being with anyone, because we only know a little about them and they are not the actual Mane 5 the show established.

Twilight on the other hand is the pony Alicorn princess being involved with a one time fling with some guy who just happened to be Sunset's ex and has an attraction to Celestia's student ponies.

It showed that the HuMane 5 doesn't have much of a social life outside their circle to help Twilight and being human counterparts of their Pony versions.

At least Rarity should have had a date since she's the one the show pushes to meet a prince or be with someone of stature.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Fans wouldn't care as much about the HuMane 5 being with anyone, because we only know a little about them and they are not the actual Mane 5 the show established.

Therefore it would be even MORE pointless for them to have love interests. People complain that Flash himself was pointless, and while I don't totally agree, I sympathize with that opinion, and I could see why someone would feel that way. But giving the ones staying in the human world boys? Way more pointless than Flash.

Twilight on the other hand is the pony Alicorn princess being involved with a one time fling with some guy who just happened to be Sunset's ex and has an attraction to Celestia's student ponies.

So? She's allowed to have flings~

It showed that the HuMane 5 doesn't have much of a social life outside their circle to help Twilight and being human counterparts of their Pony versions.

...how? What, do we need to have a TV series outside of the movie with all of the background information ever in order to disprove your claim? All of my wut.

At least Rarity should have had a date since she's the one the show pushes to meet a prince or be with someone of stature.

While it makes sense, it would still be more pointless than Flash. Besides, I thought people didn't WANT tons of romance in the show.

Also, are you ever going to answer my "meddling" question, or are you blatantly ignoring posts that I make?

Before Flash Sentry is introduced into the TV series he needs to be established as his own character. He needs his own personality, his own problems, and his own qualities like every other pony on the show. After that then I will allow myself the satisfaction of TwilightSentry. I still hesitate because Flash Sentry's introduction in Equestria Girls wasn't anymore impressive than the normal stereotypical love interest for the hero.

Before Flash Sentry is introduced into the TV series he needs to be established as his own character. He needs his own personality, his own problems, and his own qualities like every other pony on the show. After that then I will allow myself the satisfaction of TwilightSentry. I still hesitate because Flash Sentry's introduction in Equestria Girls wasn't anymore impressive than the normal stereotypical love interest for the hero.

Flash Sentry in Equestria will not be the same as the Human One. The movie makes it clear that the human counterparts do not fully mirror their pony ones.

Before Flash Sentry is introduced into the TV series he needs to be established as his own character. He needs his own personality, his own problems, and his own qualities like every other pony on the show. After that then I will allow myself the satisfaction of TwilightSentry. I still hesitate because Flash Sentry's introduction in Equestria Girls wasn't anymore impressive than the normal stereotypical love interest for the hero.

I am inclined to agree with you, except that how is his character supposed to be established before an appearance in the TV show?

I think that you mean to say that before he is considered a part of the mane cast and becomes Twilight's love interest, he should be established as a character? That seems to make more sense. Feel free to clarify.

Flash Sentry in Equestria will not be the same as the Human One. The movie makes it clear that the human counterparts do not fully mirror their pony ones.

It seems to me that based off what we know in the movie, the characters retain their basic personalities in the human world, however, their lives in the different universes are laid out differently, therefore they are each being formed differently based off these different experiences.

Complex stuff, this alternate world mumbo jumbo, isn't it?

Flash Sentry obviously wasn't shown to have much development in the movie, but how can the critics of him not want to see MLP working on that?  And besides; its not like Twilight and Flash HAVE to be in a serious relationship that could derail the show.  I mean, the pony is in the Crystal Empire for crying out loud; its not like he'll be popping up every episode and making Twilight all awkward and quiet while blushing.  I really hope he's in season 4; I'm interested to see how's he's portrayed.  The writers had a good thing going there, it would be a shame if he didn't come back.

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry obviously wasn't shown to have much development in the movie, but how can the critics of him not want to see MLP working on that? And besides; its not like Twilight and Flash HAVE to be in a serious relationship that could derail the show. I mean, the pony is in the Crystal Empire for crying out loud; its not like he'll be popping up every episode and making Twilight all awkward and quiet while blushing. I really hope he's in season 4; I'm interested to see how's he's portrayed. The writers had a good thing going there, it would be a shame if he didn't come back.

I know you think that Meghan is full of crap, but I doubt that Flash will be in season 4.

Think about it. This movie was made to be a one-time dealio to sell dolls... the writers had already finished writing season 4 by the time Equestria Girls premiered in theaters, and they had no idea how Flash would be received. Why would they add a character to season 4 from this movie if they have no idea how he would be received by the audience?

The writers were playing it safe with Flash. I mean why else was he in the movie for only like 10 minutes? If they wanted to be bolder, they would have involved him more in the plot.

It is disappointing, really. It would be great if the love interest could be fleshed out a little (and NO, it does not "ruin the premise of the show" to add a little romantic subplot from time to time). I am not counting it on happening in season 4, though. Season 5 or beyond? That is still a possibility. :)

Twilight's first romance has to be something better than just a one time fling.

Twilight could do a romance story based on helping a shy stallion who is terrible at making friends. She gets to put all she learned to use in teaching this stallion.

• Brohoof 1

my thoughts; Flash is sadly two people, and as a full romance Flash is set up to be a tragic character.

When you think about it, we all want someone to fall in love with us because of who we are. Twilight falling for Flash -and she didn't fall for him by the way: this wasn't a romance or first love or first kiss even, it was a healthy attraction that didn't go much beyond constantly bumping into each other and even there Flash comes off as a pretty good guy because his 3 main interactions are backing up an impromptu cafeteria performance with the musicians, proving a girl was Photoshopped into a bad situation, and getting down on all fours to dance in a frankly embarrassing way but that's another argument-  Twilight falling for Flash would be tragic because she fell in love with the human, not the pony. So if she pursued a relationship in Equestria it'd be colored by trying to kindle a spark someone else ignited, someone who might be different. Or if he tried to pursue her he'd be competing with the memory of someone else.

Addressing a Twilight infatuation with Flash would be deeper than your typical hearts-in-the-eyes attraction precisely because the Cinderella's Ball atmosphere of her first dance (if you argue the attraction didn't happen at first bump) means a real pony has to compete with the idealized man on the dream adventure date.

Nothing about this relationship speaks about puppy love, schoolgirl crush or casual fling if it's allowed to progress keeping its nuances firmly in mind. I think the world of Flash because as a character he could have opened the door to trope but didn't. Instead, he allows opportunity to maturely resolve a very real complication about love that too often in our world devolves to cowardice, heartache or drama.