Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

my thoughts; Flash is sadly two people, and as a full romance Flash is set up to be a tragic character.

When you think about it, we all want someone to fall in love with us because of who we are. Twilight falling for Flash -and she didn't fall for him by the way: this wasn't a romance or first love or first kiss even, it was a healthy attraction that didn't go much beyond constantly bumping into each other and even there Flash comes off as a pretty good guy because his 3 main interactions are backing up an impromptu cafeteria performance with the musicians, proving a girl was Photoshopped into a bad situation, and getting down on all fours to dance in a frankly embarrassing way but that's another argument-  Twilight falling for Flash would be tragic because she fell in love with the human, not the pony. So if she pursued a relationship in Equestria it'd be colored by trying to kindle a spark someone else ignited, someone who might be different. Or if he tried to pursue her he'd be competing with the memory of someone else.

Addressing a Twilight infatuation with Flash would be deeper than your typical hearts-in-the-eyes attraction precisely because the Cinderella's Ball atmosphere of her first dance (if you argue the attraction didn't happen at first bump) means a real pony has to compete with the idealized man on the dream adventure date.

Nothing about this relationship speaks about puppy love, schoolgirl crush or casual fling if it's allowed to progress keeping its nuances firmly in mind. I think the world of Flash because as a character he could have opened the door to trope but didn't. Instead, he allows opportunity to maturely resolve a very real complication about love that too often in our world devolves to cowardice, heartache or drama.

Twilight was infatuated with Flash because her brain was rewired to that of a human when she was changed by the mirror. Also she was outside of her element. So she wasn't her full self like her Pony version.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could see him coming back, but not for long. Perhaps an episode where Twilight has to choose between him and her friends. But that's probably a bit to mature for MLP. I think it'll either be that, or no sign of him ever again.

I could see him coming back, but not for long. Perhaps an episode where Twilight has to choose between him and her friends. But that's probably a bit to mature for MLP. I think it'll either be that, or no sign of him ever again.

Why would she have to choose between him and her friends? Women in real life don't have to choose between their friends and their boyfriends. They balance their lives and prioritize.

A far better episode to have is one where she would learn how to balance the two, and that one is not always going to be more important than the other. But that would only work if the relationship even got to that point, which it might not.

I am sorry, but having her choose between him and her friends is a poor idea for an episode. Not only is the outcome predictable (she chooses her friends, duh), it is actually a very poor lesson. Unless of course the episode starts out being about that but turns into a lesson in balancing... less predictable and a better lesson. But still involves Flash being a serious beau to Twilight.

I personally think he should deserve more tolerance. I mean like, come on people. There's no point in hating a harmless fictional character from a show. Anyway, he only made his appearance in the movie so they could make Twilight Sparkle have a love interest which I think is quite interesting for me because of the fact Twilight has never experienced ''love at first sight'' before until then. By the way, I have heard that Equestria Girls isn't canon so he might not appear in Season 4 as far as I've concerned.

• Brohoof 1

I thought he made a fine character, and would do very well with some further character development. I honestly don't understand he hate towards him.

Standard white knight character that's been done before. Like with typical white knights their target girl has to be a "maiden in distress" which some find that such a scenario degrades the female character. Especially a strong female character like the established Twilight.

For him to look good, several others had to look weaker.

Edited by Singe

I personally think he should deserve more tolerance. I mean like, come on people. There's no point in hating a harmless fictional character from a show. Anyway, he only made his appearance in the movie so they could make Twilight Sparkle have a love interest which I think is quite interesting for me because of the fact Twilight has never experienced ''love at first sight'' before until then. By the way, I have heard that Equestria Girls isn't canon so he might not appear in Season 4 as far as I've concerned.

img-1809476-1-8127757622bab610018328c5ef

All signs point to it being canon, although I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with that fact. EqG was an okay movie. Here's the thread that I got that image from. I don't think Flash will be in season 4, since Meghan said that it won't have an impact on the FiM storyline.

-TZK

Edited by TheZombieKiller
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
post-18984-0-88091500-1381797730.png Chatterbox: personally, and i mean my opinión is that Flash can be Scotaloo's brother look their skin, they're both pegasus and the mane is well... quite similar except for the color, just like Rarity and Sweetie Belle and for the Twilight ship well, i guess that's too early for the main carácter to have a love interest even if is a secret, personally i will put Sentry in the last chapters and this is it!

All signs point to it being canon, although I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with that fact. EqG was an okay movie. Here's the thread that I got that image from. I don't think Flash will be in season 4, since Meghan said that it won't have an impact on the FiM storyline.

-TZK

She did in fact say that Flash won't be appearing in season 4, but since EQG was in fact canon, he may appear later on, perhaps in season 5. I for one don't see what's bad about that.

Flash Sentry didn't seem to have much depth to him in Equestria Girls.. just sort of adding to the whole high school psuedo-romance sort of thing... but I could definitely see attempts to flesh out his character more in future seasons. However, it seems like that his role was mostly useless in the movie.

Flash Sentry.... STEALING MY FUTURE WIFE?!!?!?? I dont think so... 

I mean I dont have any reason to hate him... since hes mr good guy comming to save the day with his amazing photoshop skills.

I just really dont like the idea of the mane six getting boyfriends. 

Same thing with why I dont watch the big bang theory anymore.. everyone gets a partner and the focus is entierly on being in a relationship and TBBT is now all about the regular old ''sex is the most desired and best thing in the universe and if you have a different opinion than that you obviously havent had sex''. 

If Twilight gets into a relationship I would not stand the scenes where she blushes up and gets the red cheeks and plays with her hair like she did in EG. 

Plz Hasbro let me keep the idea of the mane six being available.. my Transporter to Equestria is almost complete

What I think about Flash Sentry you say? Well, I think the writers were forced into this. I mean, in every stereotype high school movie I have ever glanced upon there is always that guy who makes the girl fall in love with him in just mere days or even hours. How long did Twilight stay in the other side of the portal? Oh yes, two days! When did Flash make Twi' "Crazy GaGa" over him? On the second day. In my calculations, 2-1=banana, and that is a very valid answer. I don't like Flash both personally and non-personally. If the writers are gonna ship, then at least take time! Don't rush the pairing.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't mind him, really. Their pairing didn't interfere too much with the movie's plot. Not as much as I expected it to. Whilst it did seem a bit contrived and rushed, and he had the personality of a generic hunkbucket, he was okay. And I actually thought Twilight's reactions to him, particularly when she returns to Equestria again, were cute and amusing. I wouldn't mind if it were fleshed out more, but I know it won't be in the show. Oh well.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
WARNING: I'm Russian, so, excuse me for my terrible English. 

I just started to watch season 1. I'm a new person in this community. I don't know am I brony, or not, I don't even know, exactly what it means. But I know 2 things: 1) I already crashed to this cartoon. 2) I like all ponies of this sixes. I don't know why, but one pony gives me a little more feels than the rest, this pony (unicorn) names Twilight Sparkle. This character just fascinated me. 

However, I had the temerity to look at this forum (I'm very curious), and then I learned that a pony names Flash, in future will be kinda Twilight's boyfriend???

I felt very uncomfortable feeling. You can call me crazy, but it seemed to me that I feel a sense of jealousy ( I got no problems with my personal life ) But the fact remains: I am jealous of Twilight Sparkle.

I think that this cartoon shouldn't have any love lines in plot. Originally, this MLP was created for the youngest children, and love line will destroy all primeval, pristine, pure beauty of this cartoon. 

• Brohoof 4

The nature of romance story plots is that they separate specific characters away from the group and have to work on a different level. There is also the question of who the confidant is.

I was, ill admit, a little excited. (rocker on outside, romantic on the inside.) EEE! HE LOOKS, LIKE, SOOO CUTE as a pony. as a human i found him way overdone, useless, and, although in real life he would probably be a fun guy, in EQG he was just-meh. i mean, he looked very cute, (agh. ten year old girl syndrome.) but he was just useless. i did like him in pony world, and thought that could be something interesting in season four. BUT if they had had him in s4, can you imagine how awkward tat would be? they were making a big scale production that would be seriously scrutinized by bronies even more than the episodes are, and look at how awkward their "romance" was. that would probably have ruined the whole season, despite more flash-ness. hasbro was caught in its own trap. they made a decision, and at least it wasn't worse.

I actually think he's a pretty cool dude as a pony, but the problem is, everyone who loves Twilight is gonna be so pissed that she is shipped with some guy now lol

If Dashie ever got shipped in the show with some guy, I would probably punch my computer.

Also, I just realized how cute Twilight is when she blushes, holy s**t.

If Dashie IS shipped, shed probably get shipped with Thunderlane or Soarin.

I can't stand him. His involvement in Equestria Girls is completely useless. He does nothing to make the movie better in any way and all of his scenes are just complete wastes of time. Flash Sentry was clearly only added into the movie to give it the generic high school teenager movie element. Twilight didn't need a love interest and the movie would have better without him.

• Brohoof 2

now flash sentry is an ok pony. but my question is if flash is in the next sieries what would his role be other than somepony who twilight has a crush on. now im not sayin twilight shouldnt be hooked up with him, its just if theyre gonna make that happen he has to be of some importance to the show

now flash sentry is an ok pony. but my question is if flash is in the next sieries what would his role be other than somepony who twilight has a crush on. now im not sayin twilight shouldnt be hooked up with him, its just if theyre gonna make that happen he has to be of some importance to the show

My best guess would be "Harem is Magic."