Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

Frankly, I don't care about Flash Sentry that much. However, I do think that most bronies deserve Twilight more than he does. And yes, that was an insult to both sides. You're welcome.

Also, characters can only have a horrible personality if they have a personality at all, so that might be my source of my general apathy.

:nom:  < She's got a ton more personality. (No offense to Maud)

Twilight is entitled to be with whoever she chooses. And she's my favourite character, dont get me wrong. But being so protective of someone is kinda selfish. I think i would like to be friends with Flash if he were real, he's a pretty nice guy.

And when he asks Twilight for a dance the second time, i totally understand how he feels. He's got depth to him as far as i can see.. he just hasn't got enough screen time to show his character flaws.

• Brohoof 4

To answer the question, he's hated because he stole their waifu  ^_^ , that's it. The guy who gave AJ her element key, Silver Shill, has as much personality as the Waifu Thief, but no one hates him because he didn't stole any waifus  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Basically what everyone else says: He's flat, and Twilight doesn't really have a real reason to like him, unless its cuz hes "hawt" which wouldn't improve his popularity with the fandom since that would just make him that much more of a shallow character.

Also, for me at least, it plays off the old high school "we-bumped-into-each-other-in-the-hall-now-we're-in-love" cliche scene. MLP can and should be better. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

It's cause he's just dull and boring. They only brought him in there for Twilight to fall for.

But,Twily deserves better than a character who's about as interesting as a piece of cardboard.

Plus,he totally ruins my Twixie ship. I have nothing personal against him,I just think he's more suited for Shining Armor.

-_-

Edited by Sir Godot

I am okay with Flash Sentry, and dare I say supportive of his relationship with Twilight Sparkle, I know I am a minority on this stance, but I am fine with him as a character. Most of the hate is directed at the relationship, because of shipping fan fictions, with an MLP character or an OC, I have encountered this before attitude before, and seen it on YouTube, of Twilight Sparkle shippers, reject her choice of a stallion, for being generic or bland, but he is a new character and nowhere near as developed as the mane six, or the mares of MLP in general, I see this as childish philandering, we should give him a chance, we have an opportunity to have a real male character for MLP-FiM, a positive male character, and it is quite astounding to see a fandom as open as this one, become so myopic and shallow at the prospect of a new character, instead of their beloved background mare pony, now I can not persuade anyone to like Flash Sentry, but I implore you to give him attention, before you condemn him for going out with Twilight Sparkle, rather than your ponysona, we might get new stallions in season five, imagine what the fandom could be, with male role models to balance the female characters.  

• Brohoof 3

As a character... Flash has no character.

If they work on it then I'd like him better.

My problem is (and although "problem" is really the wrong word) is this whole direction they are taking between EQG world Flash and Twilight.

But it's not the ship that bothers me (could care less really) but as we all know by now, while both world's are connected, they are not "identical"

I think the issue is that they have a great amount of space to create character, I just have my doubts that they will take advantage of it

Honestly, I think it's because a Flashsparkle ship is very possible, and people don't like the idea of Twilight actually getting in a relationship with anyone/anypony.

• Brohoof 1

A romance of this caliber is just bad. Flash Sentry is a cardboard cut out of a hot guy. Twilight is just doing all this on simple infatuation. It's complex underneath with them being in two separate worlds. Flash Sentry is a teenager. Twilight Sparkle is basically an adult. He's a high school student. She's a princess with obligations to Equestria she can't give up. There are two Flash Sentry(s) that Twilight has crushed on both in EG.

After two movies, Twilight barely knows who Flash Sentry is. Flash Sentry knows just a bit that she's a magical princess.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1