Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

I think Flash Sentry is an idiot that got on the wrong train which is why he's the only non-crystal pony duty on duty. That's my only problem with him. Otherwise I don't care about him in anyway, unless he were to get in a relationship with Twilight. Not because he's who he is. Not because it's with twilight. Because it would be to much interference with the main characters life.

• Brohoof 3

It's the vulnerable girl who gets white knighted. Really old and worn out. The whole scene doesn't do Flash justice while it hurts Twilight and Luna. Top it off that every human in the movie is ignorant.

If Twilight is going to do romance, why is she good for only one guy? Given that she's trying to impress and win over the school, there should have been more guys in line vying for Twilight.

I think Flash Sentry on Season 4 wont ruin the show.Its cute the way they ship Flash and Twilight toghether,not putting much attention on "romantic" details or actions.I think a ship between the 2 of them would be okay if they dont make a big deal out of it.They should develop their romance or whatever you want to call it,slowly,starting from just a crush,to a bigger deal althought they should stop developing the romance when the reach the boyfriend stage,so girls wont lose interest.This wont ruin the show,but,if they make a huge deal,smaller girls(wich are their priority audience,girls from 5-11 years old) who arent interested on romance or boys will lose interest on the show and only bronies will whatch it,not including,those who dont accept this ship,and those who dont whatch the show.But still i think it should remain(for now) as a simple crush,althought,other sites have confirmed that someone who works in the show,apparently a producer,confirmed that NOTHING related to the Equestria Girls movie will afect or appear in Season 4 (like most show with a movie,the movie wont have to deal with the show),but still that,for me,is unceratain because i havent seen any tweet (the supposed source of the producer) that clears this thought,as soon as its confirmed,it will be clear if Flash will appear or not on the show.It also looks like Flash isint that interest on Twilight,as much as she is interested on him.(PS.Sorry for the long post,just giving my opinion also the pic included its part of the movie)post-23186-0-40870800-1387469785.jpg

• Brohoof 1

other sites have confirmed that someone who works in the show,apparently a producer,confirmed that NOTHING related to the Equestria Girls movie will afect or appear in Season 4 (like most show with a movie,the movie wont have to deal with the show),but still that,for me,is unceratain because i havent seen any tweet (the supposed source of the producer) that clears this thought,as soon as its confirmed,it will be clear if Flash will appear or not on the show.

really_zps324f666a.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confr_zpsaa372380.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Untitled_zpsdb69659c.png

According to Meghan EG won't affect the series (note "series" in the second tweet season 5 might have accidentally been confirmed; Megahn's the Reggie Fils-aime of MLP)

• 3 months later...

He's a pretty neat character, and I find it cute that Twilight has a little crush on him.  :D 

Although, I just hope their love for each other doesn't sneak it's way into the plot of the show. 

I actually think he's a pretty cool dude as a pony, but the problem is, everyone who loves Twilight is gonna be so pissed that she is shipped with some guy now lol

If Dashie ever got shipped in the show with some guy, I would probably punch my computer.

Also, I just realized how cute Twilight is when she blushes, holy s**t.

Yeah, I agree with this post.............then again with Dashie, and Soarin, it would be "okay", but Twilight......that's a different story.

OT: Flash Sentry, looks pretty cool, tbh. 

• 4 months later...

I don't dislike the character of Flash Sentry but he just doesn't really impress me as a semi big character in EG. I don't know  :okiedokielokie: .

But what is your opinion of Flash Sentry? Any positives or negatives?  :wau:

• Brohoof 1

The EG Flash Sentry is a very bland and uninteresting character to me from what we have seen so far.

I consider the pony Flash Sentry to be a completely different character though so I cant really say much about him, as we know nothing about him.

• Brohoof 1

Negatives:

-He's been shown as a very bland character

-He was put there just for Twily have a crush on

-I got nothing else, so that's another negative for him in my book, sorry Flash  :lol:

Positives:

-He's been shown as a nice guy so far

-He's willing to help if needed. Well, only Twily as shown so far, but I don't expect him to leave anyone else hanging

-This might be around the third time I write this, but he's unintentionally, the funniest character in the show, due to people still freaking out at his mere mention now a year after EQ1 release :lol: . Hell, I affectionately call him "The Waifu Thief", for being one of the main reasons for his hate. Calling him that is no different than calling Dashie to RD, Flutty to Fluttershy, Twily to Twilight Sparkle, or Scootie to Scootaloo  (she'll probably hate me for that though) :yay:

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 2

Positives:

(1) Canon has conformed Twilight likes humans in a possible romantic way. Yay for HIE!

(2) He's actually a rather good man as far I can remember.

Negatives: 

(1) Ponies might not like Twilight falling in love with a human.

(2) Flash Sentry might not be able to feel the same way about pony Twilight when she was a human. 

Edited by Rush

But what is your opinion of Flash Sentry? Any positives or negatives?

fx9UCK7.gif

Implying there are any positives about Flash Sentry.

Negatives: 

(1) Ponies might not like Twilight falling in love with a human.

Ah, but I'm sure Twilight fans love Twilight falling in love with a human. It greatly increases their chances of getting with the fictional purple pony.  ;)

Amirite or amirite?  :toldya:

• Brohoof 3

Pros

>If Twilight is attracted to him that may mean that ponies can find humans attractive, yay for HIE shipping and waifuing

>More stallion toy models.

Cons

>He has almost no character what so ever. Out side of the pretty boi cliche, he has no personality or character traits.

>During the first EqG movie his near romance with Twilight was rather forced, and did not give him any defining personality or further the plot

>He was a forced love interest.

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry-- at least, the human Flash Sentry-- is a stereotype. That's it. He's a cliched high school dream boy. Sure, dream boys are dream boys for a reason, but having one as a character kind of cheapens the entire movie since they're just so damn easy to make. Flash is a nice guy, as far as I can tell, but he isn't unique, especially when compared to the rest of the show's/movie's colorful crew. That's really the only reason why he doesn't appeal to me. :)

>He was a forced love interest.

What do you mean forced relationship? Do you mean that the relationship between Twilight and Flash didn't really make sense since it didn't have any construction to it (sorry for my bad English, not my native language)? That it was just bing bam boom suddenly they are in love?

What do you mean forced relationship? Do you mean that the relationship between Twilight and Flash didn't really make sense since it didn't have any construction to it (sorry for my bad English, not my native language)? That it was just bing bam boom suddenly they are in love?

There was no set up for their romantic relationship. Unlike in real life were couples have similar intrests, share ideas and bond Flash and Twilight did none of these. They never shared any similar interests or anything other than just bumping into eatch other. It made their interactions feel forced as there was no real reason or chemistry between the two characters.

• Brohoof 2

There was no set up for their romantic relationship. Unlike in real life were couples have similar intrests, share ideas and bond Flash and Twilight did none of these. They never shared any similar interests or anything other than just bumping into eatch other. It made their interactions feel forced as there was no real reason or chemistry between the two characters.

Yeah I agree with that. It didn't really fit  :okiedokielokie:

Positive:  I'll never have to see him in the actual show.

Negative:  He's an abomination and deserves (along with all other EQG related filth-content) to be burned in a mass-grave micromanaged by the angel of death to assure that none of it leaves for all of eternity.

Couldn't find the scene of Squidward smashing the Krabby Patty to express how I feel.

Watch at 0.5x speed:

http://tinyurl.com/lyrct5b

yes, you have to copy and paste the link because videos in your post can't start at a specific time.

Edited by John

Positive:  I'll never have to see him in the actual show.

Wait! Doesn't he appear again in the shows in ''Three's A Crowd''? Well it was only a short appearance that didn't really affect the show. However that look on his face though. Was that some kind of a secret message to the watchers/viewers/fans?

Edited by JonasDarkmane

Wait! Doesn't he appear again in the shows in ''Three's A Crowd''? Well it was only a short appearance that didn't really affect the show. However that look on his face though. Was that some kind of a secret message to the watchers/viewers/fans?

Don't forget the first part of Season 4 finale, he had a line there XD

Don't forget the first part of Season 4 finale, he had a line there XD

Oh yeah. You are correct  sir/m'am.  ^_^