Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

Romance in kids cartoons has had a rough time these few years. Flash Sentry/Twilight. Mako/Asami/Korra. Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra. Dipper/Wendy/Robbie. Mordecai/Margret.

They have been bland irritating hormone driven shallow romance plots.

The romance plot in EG is just wasted time filler that will ultimately go no where, but they just want to keep pushing it.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

The romance plot in EG is just wasted time filler that will ultimately go no where, but they just want to keep pushing it.

I get what you mean, man. While I did say I think Flash Sentry looks more promising in EqG2, I still can't see romance between Twilight and Flash actually going anywhere. They aren't going to take it far, so it's almost like it shouldn't be in there at all.  

I actually think flash sentry is a well designed (Visually) Character, most of the hate probably comes from him being shipped with Twilight sparkle or perhaps that hes underdeveloped and only appears a few times? I see no need to hate on any of the pones really (apart from diamond tiara of course:P) 

• Brohoof 4

@@Skyfall, agreed on Flash Sentry being well designed visually. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like his design.  :please: 

most of the hate probably comes from him being shipped with Twilight sparkle

Haha. I actually think most hate comes from this. Flash Sentry is the ultimate waifu thief. :smug:  

I actually think flash sentry is a well designed (Visually) Character, most of the hate probably comes from him being shipped with Twilight sparkle or perhaps that hes underdeveloped and only appears a few times? I see no need to hate on any of the pones really (apart from diamond tiara of course:P)

I think all that hate of him being underdeveloped is an excuse, as Silver Shill is as underdeveloped as Flash, and no one hates him. Flash is hated because he steals waifus, period XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD and more XD
  • Brohoof 1

I get what you mean, man. While I did say I think Flash Sentry looks more promising in EqG2, I still can't see romance between Twilight and Flash actually going anywhere. They aren't going to take it far, so it's almost like it shouldn't be in there at all.  

If the romance is worthless in the end, then Flash has no point other than to eat time and steal lines away from other important characters.

Besides Rarity is suppose to be the character who goes love at first site over a guy.

• Brohoof 1

Flash is just one of many under developed characters in the my little pony universe...my guess is he attracts more hatred then any one else because he is Twi's love interest...aka the mighty waifu thief haha

Edited by Flytee
  • Brohoof 3

Flash is hated because he steals waifus, period

Flash is just one of many under developed characters in the my little pony universe...my guess is he attracts more hatred then any one else because he is Twi's love interest...aka the mighty waifu thief haha

Eeyup. All that right there. 

eaeb9d0cf6aa30f21db41759739d608fa2cebe0d

• Brohoof 3

Is it bad that the fact he has this reputation is the main reason I like him?

Honestly, if they show a scene where all the mane 6 and some popular back ground characters go with him somewhere to hang out, I'll be laughing my ass off.

Honestly, if they show a scene where all the mane 6 and some popular back ground characters go with him somewhere to hang out, I'll be laughing my ass off.

Christ that would be golden. Can you imagine the fan boy rage?

haha now I'm imaging Flash Sentry crowd surfing over all the characters who are seen as "waifu" material as they grab at him and scream hysterically.

Edited by Flytee
  • Brohoof 1

People believe that Flash have no character and is just boring. I don't agree with this. Even in EqG1 we can see that Flash have his own character but, in fact, not that developed like other characters. Flash is little awkward but kind and smart. It's my own opinion. 

Twilight isn't necessarily acting as herself like in the show. She's basically running around without her checklist in a state of improvising on the spot. She meets Flash in a time when she's at her most vulnerable.

Twilight isn't necessarily acting as herself like in the show. She's basically running around without her checklist in a state of improvising on the spot. She meets Flash in a time when she's at her most vulnerable.

And it involves her suddenly having interest in a human character whom she has never shown any romantic interests to any ponies previously? It still doesn't justify her suddenly having a crush for him.

Note, I'm not against the romance if it's done well, but I'm against it simply because there's really nothing for me to like this romance so far.

And it involves her suddenly having interest in a human character whom she has never shown any romantic interests to any ponies previously? It still doesn't justify her suddenly having a crush for him.

Note, I'm not against the romance if it's done well, but I'm against it simply because there's really nothing for me to like this romance so far.

It's nothing more than hormones driving the girl and a creepy guy.

True, though why weren't her hormones affecting her when she was a pony?

Years of experience in a Pony body vs. a few minutes in a magically transformed to human body. 

If you were put into the body of another species, you would have trouble with it.