Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

Years of experience in a Pony body vs. a few minutes in a magically transformed to human body. 

If you were put into the body of another species, you would have trouble with it.

It still doesn't provide a satisfactory answer as she held no noticeable interest in romance before but yet suddenly has a crush on a guy she happened to bump into, also she still likes brad in eqg even as a pony I believe.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck- Shall I continue?

This God-forsaken character is gonna be in the second movie?!

Hasbro - You're cool and all, but WHAT THE FUCK. I've seen the sneak peek with Flash Sentry. And he's. The. Same. IMPROVE. HE NEEDS CHARACTER.

----

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. If you need me, I'll be on the Sonata Dusk Fan Club (one of the only good characters to come out of EQG).

• Brohoof 1

It still doesn't provide a satisfactory answer as she held no noticeable interest in romance before but yet suddenly has a crush on a guy she happened to bump into, also she still likes brad in eqg even as a pony I believe.

It's just a biology thing. Humans would have a different form of attraction vs. that of ponies. Twilight Sparkle is in a more mature pony body, while the movie has her running around in a hormone fueled teenager body. She's running on human organic hardware instead of pony hardware. Which would include the brain, as a teenager works different from that of a magical unicorn. Also to not forget that she experiences the world differently through human perception rather than pony perception. Twilight is more vulnerable without having any magic to use.

Basic premise of Twilight at the start of the movie was to strip the strong Twilight down to a weaker vulnerable alien in another world which would allow Flash Sentry to swoop in.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

It's just a biology thing. Humans would have a different form of attraction vs. that of ponies. Twilight Sparkle is in a more mature body, while the movie has her running around in a hormone fueled teenager body. She's running on human organic hardware instead of pony hardware. Which would include the brain, as a teenager works different from that of a magical unicorn. Also to not forget that she experiences the world differently through human perception rather than pony perception. Twilight is more vulnerable without having any magic to use.

True, but here's the thing, why did she displayed no interest in any pony in her pony form before. Rarity alone already places that whole 'different biology' answer as dubious and ponies reproduce the same way they normally do in the real world according to Lauren Faust so we can assume their biology would be the same from their real life kins, meaning that they would be getting hormones themselves but yet Twilight still has never displayed a fondness for guys until she bumps into Brad as a human.

Thus that is my issue and point that the romance was forced.

True, but here's the thing, why did she displayed no interest in any pony in her pony form before. Rarity alone already places that whole 'different biology' answer as dubious and ponies reproduce the same way they normally do in the real world according to Lauren Faust so we can assume their biology would be the same from their real life kins, meaning that they would be getting hormones themselves but yet Twilight still has never displayed a fondness for guys until she bumps into Brad as a human.

Thus that is my issue and point that the romance was forced.

Look at Twilight's social life. Exactly how many guys do we see her mingle around with, barely a few. She started off as anti-social to having friends, but they're mostly girls.

If Twilight's social life means something, it's that she has little experience around guys outside her brother.

Edited by Singe

Look at Twilight's social life. Exactly how many guys do we see her mingle around with, barely a few. She started off as anti-social to having friends, but they're mostly girls.

If Twilight's social life means something, it's that she has little experience around guys.

She has interacted with guys before such as Big Mac and others in Ponyville but yet she suddenly falls in love with a human character whom she barely knows and only interacted with him by bumping into him. Regardless of experience, I highly doubt a person is going to start falling head over heels with a person they just met and barely know.  I'm sorry, but it isn't going to change anything for how forced that romance was in my eyes.

Twilight falls for Flash the same way Korra falls for Mako. A socially inept human girl falling for the best looking boy who turns out to be creepy, being that Twilight and Korra are aliens at that point.

Edited by Singe

He should marry Twilight and she should have babies in S5

That'll remind me of Foster Imaginary Friends show's finale, but instead of the characters making a final groan, it will be an epic freakout from the fandom. it would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET 

This also isn't a one on one romance here. Twilight Sparkle crushes on the human and pony version in the movie. Flash Sentry is two separate characters. She's crushing herself into a love triangle at this point.

"The Ticket Master" showed, Twilight isn't going to pick favorites where one is going to be the loser. So there is going to be no romance.

Edited by Singe

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's cuz just as people weren't so into the whole alicorn Twi thing when it happened, they don't like the idea of Twi having a love interest. I think Flash could be a decent character if they gave him more dept to him rather than him just being a high school stereotype.

• Brohoof 2

For the most part, 2 things;

1. No character, just a flat... Thing. Hell, no character can be worse than a bad character, because a bad character can at least be unintentionally funny. What do you do with no character? It is like what Yahtzee said about FPS's; "A bunch of gray cardboard boxes bouncing off my head"

2. He's with Twilight, have you seen how people get over their waifus in this fandom? Absolutely atrocious I might say. Now if you will excuse me, I must go make a speech about why Discord and Big Mac make terrible husbands for Flutters and Flutters/Luna  :please:

• Brohoof 3

Most of the serious complaints stem from a lack of fleshing out the character. Something that could be addressed in the future easily enough. There are those that don't want Twi to have a love interest at all for various reasons. Then there are a few that probably bash him for the laughs.

I don't get it, but I don't really care. Flash isn't exactly the most interesting or likeable character in the movies,

You ... Nail ... Head.

That really is what defines my feelings about him. He's forgettable.

• Brohoof 2