Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you thought of commiting a crime?

Nobody Special

(edited)

Crimes, as in stuff this society labels as crimes or actual crimes?

Well, I'm not going to admit to anything criminal. I don't think it's a good idea with the NSA watching. But, I have very liberal views on drug use. Lets say that. Drug use, and downloading music - neither of those things are "morally wrong" in my eyes really - it could be argued that downloading music is morally wrong, but I donate to artists. As for drugs, if you don't harm anybody else in the process and you can deal with the drawbacks of use, then go ahead. I'm very skeptical of the idea that there's no such thing as a responsible drug user.

Another thing I've kind of thought of doing is, having relations outside with my girlfriend. We kinda came close to doing it, but then we didn't end up doing it because we thought it would be too risky. Big parks usually have some private places but it's not worth being that one couple who get caught, you know?

Oh yeah, and also I'd break into and inhabit abandoned buildings if I could. I support squatters, especially if the building isn't being used for anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squatting

Edited by TheOldskooler
  • Brohoof 3

>no one in the entire thread said anything about being a pirate

I, for one, am certainly not a pirate at all.

I once thought about stealing a candy bar from a gas station. That's really the only actual other crime I'd thought about committing. I don't really see the need to commit any other crimes. I either have no motive to do them, or they go against my moral code, so I wouldn't be satisfied in the end, anyway.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have committed technical crimes before. I've jaywalked once or twice, and I've downloaded 2 or 3 songs illegally. I'm so bad! Not really, lol. No, I never though about committing a crime. Stealing has no appeal to me. I'd rather work for something than just take it. I've never thought once about committing a serious crime like murder. I'm usually thinking about fun stuff like ponies, and games, not how I'm going to commit a crime  :catface:

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have been planning SOO many murders in my head ( to a degree of accuracy, that i myself find scary afterwards ). I never actually committed any crimes though. Also whenever i have the chance to wreck serious havoc, I think about doing it more than once... I dont think i would ever do it though ( but its sooooo tempting ). I never thought about shoplifting though ( the amount of planning that would require is too low to even think about it.). I am thinking of plans on how to steal stuff from a museum, whenever i am in one. I just like the thinking behind it. :ph34r: I guess im just crazy like that.

EDIT: The "I just like the thinking behind it" part of this post is the most important one.

Edited by Guest

My mind forces me to think of doing things like suicide, underage sex, and other very bad things, and crime is no exception.

I feel like it's against my own will that these things pop up in my mind.

Though I have never done that, and plan to never do it, I have thought of committing crimes, but I know better.

I see no reason to commit crimes. There is always better solutions to things.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Technically even just going 1mph more over the speed limit is breaking the law, but it's hard to track down literally everyone who has ever speeded, prove they speeded and prosecute them that it rarely happens with any real consequences. Also some laws are stupid, like arranged marriages, sometimes breaking the law doesn't hurt anybody and is literally a victimless crime, like that time you puffed wack backy (way back when it was actually called wacky backy) you didn't hurt nobody, you just gave yourself a bit of a light head then got over it and got on with the rest of your life.

So by crime do you mean breaking the law or an act of injustice where innocent people actually get hurt or wrong done by?

Because if so I have broken the law so many times, but not once have I commited an act of injustice.

Edited by Scrumpy
  • Brohoof 1

Not only have I thought about committing a crime, but I have also COMMITTED several crimes.
I was a bit of a rapscallion as a kid, and always getting into trouble.
I shoplifted and stole so many times that it's not even funny, and then there was this indecent exposure thingie one time... 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What!? Ever thought of commiting a crime? Me? Never! Not a single time in my entire life!

img-1688561-1-mlfw835_Applejuke.gif

Seriously, the better question would've been "Who not?"

Of course I've thought of it.

I see something that I really want to have and say to myself "Damn, it would be so easy to run away..."

Or I met someone I really hate and I'm like "I want to kill them..."

Of course it's not the same like actually commiting or planning one. But I think we all have at least thought once about doing something that is against the law and considered it as a legit option for ourselves.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

We're all not perfect and I don't say that we all should never do mistakes. That's how we learn.

But as long as we only think about the worst things we could do, instead of doing them, it's all fine I guess.

Freedom of thought for the win.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 1

Sadly I've thought about killing someone before...

Better judgement puts that way at the back of my head though because I don't want to go to jail

especially if one person would be replaced by another similar to the first...

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I haven't had that much temptation to commit crime, especially considering how much my parents would disown me if I did. For crying out loud, it's completely against my character to break the law.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I've thought how easy it would be to steal something, but i never will.  The guilt would kill me to be honest.  I have a problem driving over the speed limit by 5 mph.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I for one have thought about shoplifting once or twice...

Though I did actually shoplift a lot when I was like 8, don't worry though I don't anymore :lol:

Also can I ask what jaywalking is? Never heard of it. :derp:

Edited by PhaZd
  • Brohoof 1

All the time. It's strange really, I'm pretty passive but committing crimes always shoot through my mind. It's like that moment where you start thinking about some pretty morbid or obscure things, snap back to reality and think "What the fuck brain, did I seriously just consider doing that?!".

I've committed plenty of crimes but mostly because I'm sure I never get caught. Up until now I haven't been caught doing anything against the law except for getting into a pretty bad fight, which got the police involved, though I was too young to be punished back then so nothing really bad happened.

Worst crime I've ever considered seriously was murder and torture. There're some people that I really, really hate and more than often have I considered making them disappear, making them pay for what they've done. Then I snap back because I remember that they too have some form of life which others are dependent on and I can't just kill someone people are depending on. That would be taking away a supporting pillar in someone's life.

There has been one time I've come real close to murder though, up until the point where I followed the person during the night but decided to stop before doing something I'm going to regret. Don't worry though, I've been having therapy for a few years now so anything like murder isn't going to happen any time soon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Whew, does this take me down memory lane. Used to be a thief for a while. Mostly shopliftin', but I eventually moved up the scale to pick-pocketin' and purse snatchin'. Even to breakin and enterin' until that fell flat. Used to be into certain illicit substances at the time, and always needed more money for more of it. I'm retired now, though, and have no intentions of going back. Still tempts me sometimes, though.

Edited by UmbraScriptor
  • Brohoof 2

Nah, I don't really think of committing crimes. It's not a part of my daily life. It's just wrong.

What? Piracy you say? ... Oh crap. Oh well! At least I get music and such! XD

I really do try not to commit crimes. I haven't pirated that much stuff, and that was before I realized it was piracy, and piracy was a crime. Apparently I had missed something.

But I've never stolen something from anyone or anything, at least, not intentionally. My mom and I accidently walked out of a store with pet food once without paying. We would have gotten away with it too. There was literally no one to stop us, and no one noticed. But we realized as we were driving out of the parking lot, and my mom turned around, went back inside and paid for it. This is the kind of thing I try to model in my life. I'd rather be honest with my actions.

• Brohoof 2

I for one have thought about shoplifting once or twice...

Though I did actually shoplift a lot when I was like 8, don't worry though I don't anymore :lol:

Also can I ask what jaywalking is? Never heard of it. :derp:

Jaywalking is crossing the street when or where you are not suppose to. In most places it's fine, but you can get in pretty big trouble in larger cities.

• Brohoof 1

Jaywalking is crossing the street when or where you are not suppose to. In most places it's fine, but you can get in pretty big trouble in larger cities.

Wow that's not even illegal in the uk, unless you do it on motorways and such.

But being on a motorway without a car is illegal anyway :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I've thought about crimes, I've felt the compulsion to commit crimes, but I've never actually gone through with any.

I suppose there are multiple crimes I could've committed and gotten away with, but petty thievery gets you nowhere.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've seriously wanted to kill alot of people in my life. Like, sometimes it gets to the point where I will actually like make plans, never going through with them before.

Also,

I'm still 'learning' but I like to go computer hacking. I've never done anything.. bad on that note yet. I could, I just choose not to get arrested if somehow shit gets tracked back to me/library computer. Yup, library computer gets the blame half the time.

Now, for the worst,

When I was 9 I stole a pack of gum and a candy bar. God forgive me.

Edited by RosemaryPetal
  • Brohoof 1

Always. All the time.

I'm not talking about petty crimes. Things I have in mind are considered felony in at least fifteen countries and most of USA. I want to torture screaming kids. I want to flay open loud fathers. I want to roast alive gossiping mothers. I want to grab a bulldozer and run over houses and drugged-up girls who just couldn't stop listening to loud musics at the Celestia-damned midnight. If people can peer into my daily fantasies, they would instantly lose all of their sanity points.

Good thing I'm too lazy to do any of that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Eh, not really, i mean i'm really kinda to soft to do any crimes, I have a good conscious and it keeps me from wanting to do stuff like that, i'm sure the thought maybe momentarily crosses my mind, but it probably does everyone eventually.

But I couldn't do crimes, i'd be eaten alive by my conscious, i'd feel so guilty, and I really don't want to anyways.

Oh also, call me crazy but i haven't even pirated music. Or anything for that matter really.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1