Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do a lot of fans think Braeburn is gay?

Mywas

I never Understood this fanon that Braeburn is gay. He was never implied to be gay in the show.

Is it because of the "Gay cowboys" Stereotype?

Or is it because he has more personality than the other males(Since when having more personality is gay?)

• Brohoof 1

I guess because he's a cute looking character? Most girls like to say that all of the cute guys are gay. Plus, he reminds me of Neil Patrick Harris...design-wise, and obviously Neil is gay, so I just roll with it. Plus, he just seems gay...no idea why either. 

• Brohoof 3

I guess because he's a cute looking character? Most girls like to say that all of the cute guys are gay. Plus, he reminds me of Neil Patrick Harris...design-wise, and obviously Neil is gay, so I just roll with it. Plus, he just seems gay...no idea why either. 

He does kind of look like Neil.  I never noticed until now.  Anyway, I've not heard this going around. I guess I can see it, but it's kind of difficult for me. I don't know why.

• Brohoof 1

I am sure with some people it is wishful thinking, much of the fanbase is guys and though the majority has identified as straight some of those guys are gay or bi and many of them think Braeburn is attractive but then again that dosen't really account for fans that aren't gay or bi that think he is. Sure there is the gay cowboy stereotype but you would think Big Mac would be subject to that too when he is actually portrayed as quite the ladies stallion in a lot of fanworks.

• Brohoof 4

Because SOME of us want Braeburn to sweep us off of our feet using those rippling stallion muscles and carry us away into the sunset...

Oh, well. A guy can dream, right?

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Like said, it is mainly wishful thinking. There are a lot of male bronies in the fandom that find Braeburn attractive, so they like to think Braeburn is gay as well to go along with them.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I personally haven't seen any material on Braeburn being gay, but apparently it exists? ^_^

I would say it is highly inaccurate to say most fans. Five or even twenty isn't most.

It is frankly funny how a small group of people wants to make as many things or people gay as possible. If something is gay, it's gay. Otherwise...no.

From my observations, the only characters that fit the stereotype of gay on the show are:

tumblr_lx432sYYWB1r8k5p5o1_500.gif

and mayyyyybe

Prince_Blueblood_S1E3.png

As for Braeburn, I don't see it. Verdict: straight.

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 4

I guess it is because, he looks attractive and cute. But, that doesn't make him gay. They are just saying that because, I really don't know. He is just a cool stallion.

I think it's just the collective works and imaginative creations of a number of people who make out Braeburn as gay. There's generally alot of fanworks turning many characters of any genre or IP into being gay, gender bendered, having eccentric 'tastes', etc. 

It just so happens that a large number of said works in the mlp community have Braeburn as gay. Not to mention that sexual preferences have never been mentioned or implied in the MLP universe for a good majority of characters, except Twilight thanks to Equestria Girls.

I think its more people want him to be gay to go gay for him, of course that whole thing is mostly a joke it seems but still.

I'm sure the stereotype plays into it somewhere to.

I don't think hes gay though, of course it wouldn't really be mentioned in the show either way probably.

• Brohoof 2

Well I think he could be very happy! Now I think you mean to ask "Why do a lot of fans think Braeburn is a homosexual". Now I'm a homosexual, I really don't mind the word gay truth be told I love it! but now days we use it in the wrong way. Gay means happy!

So let move on first of all he is not a homosexual, there are no homosexuals in MLP end of story! its sad! yes but its the darn truth! Now as to why they think that? I don't know. I didn't think he was a homosexual never have! but! I could be wrong! he could be a homosexual! maybe he is! 

oh yeah and here this...

post-16621-0-91532900-1375248100_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

• 5 months later...

Well I think he could be very happy! Now I think you mean to ask "Why do a lot of fans think Braeburn is a homosexual". Now I'm a homosexual, I really don't mind the word gay truth be told I love it! but now days we use it in the wrong way. Gay means happy!

So let move on first of all he is not a homosexual, there are no homosexuals in MLP end of story! its sad! yes but its the darn truth! Now as to why they think that? I don't know. I didn't think he was a homosexual never have! but! I could be wrong! he could be a homosexual! maybe he is! 

oh yeah and here this...

img-2213528-1-attachicon.gifgay...jpg

Homosexual High Five! Oh braeburn 

and big mac's freckles and halter are so... cute/hot

Edited by FourClove
  • Brohoof 1

Because, he's totally gay!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Am I the only one that would find it cool of they actually included a gay character in the show? It's already about love and tolerance. I think it'd be neat for the show to teach the target audience that some folks are gay and that it's totally normal.

Also, obligatory straight guy, "I'm not gay, but I support the hell out of it," disclaimer ^_^

• Brohoof 1

He's gay for the same reason Rainbow Dash is a lesbian, his personality and appearance fits a stereotype of the homosexual population in general. and as for fan content on him being gay, in case one is wondering, he has a few fanfics pairing him with Soarin'.

I think of it like more of an inside joke around the fandom. Hence Brokeback Mountain....you know what, i'm surprised no one made a spin-off MLP fan fic about that.

QUICK, MAKE IT HAPPEN!