Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derp/Fail moments...

Stoner Spike

Any of you had those moments where something happens without you realizing it and ends up making you feel like a total derp? CONFESS NOW :angry:

I remember I took my phone into the pool to text, and I got so caught up in this chat I was having that my arm instinctively hung down at my side, leaving my phone underwater for 13 seconds before me noticing.

And just now I stuck my hand into my bowl of ice cream, thinking it was popcorn.

Oh yeah, and I threw my phone at a frog one time, thinking my phone was a rock, since the frog kinda surprised me.

• Brohoof 1

Well.. Does going into the shower with socks on count? xD

Hey! I forgot about that one, one time I went into the shower with my jeans still on. :lol: But my phone was in my pocket, thankfully, so it wasn't THAT soaked.

I've had too many to count, but I have 2 that really stick out. One was the day I was in the middle of computer class(we had a class learning how to run PCs at my school) and I had gotten up to blow my nose. I went back to my seat and sat down to hard, causing the cheap desk chair to break, resulting in me on my butt with everybody laughing at me, even the teacher. The other one happened when I went to my local pool one day in the summer. I thought I had emptied everything out of my pockets before going into the pool, but I get dive into the pool. 10 minutes later I get out to warm up for a few minutes and realize that my phone was still in my pocket. It was totally ruined, but at least I got a Blackberry to replace it.

I had just finished grocery shopping and was talking to someone on the phone while heading to my car. I hung up and placed the phone on the roof of the car while I loaded up the back seat. I drove home. Should I go on? I drove back really slow, and then searched all over. I ended up having to get a new phone!

I mentioned this in another thread. On my very first day at my very first job, I broke the office coffee pot! I thought I was going to be fired and started to cry.

I was doing my homework, made an error and reached for my eraser. It wasn't there, so I spent ten minutes searching the house before realizing it was IN MY OTHER HAND.

• Brohoof 1

Once I tried to reply a serious discussion thread in other forum. After a few while I realized that it was rather pointless, but instead deleting the reply I clicked "Submit". Before I could modify it someone angrily quoted me. And somehow I got an infraction for that :/

When I was in sixth grade I forgot something very important...

I went through a whole day having forgotten to wear underpants! D:

Posted Image

I derp all the time. One of my latest moments was yesterday when I was talking to someone in Skype about skating. The entire time I thought he was talking about skateboarding when he was actually talking about ice skating.

lol this one time when in GIMP, I was making a gif and didn't want to do the frames individually so I started duplicating the layers, but I was duplicating the blinking layer. I kept doing this like 12 times then I looked to see that all the layers were blinking. o_o

Edited by Dragonshy

I ALWAYS have fail moments xD

Three moments i can remember right now

1. I wrote an exam in a subject in university I don't even attend without noticing

2. Really attractive girl takes slightly drunk me to the disco at a prom. There's AC/DC playing

Me: I think the disco just got better

Girl: Maybe because the company is better *winkwink*

Me: Ah really like AC/DC! *happy*

3. Psychological talk at a job application

Psychologist: What do you like to read?

Me: Hmmm...Books!

*awkward silence*

And I am very clumsy too :P

Edited by PonyPunk

When I'm about to leave, I'll think "okay, I need to grab my wallet, my keys, and my jacket." so I run upstairs, grab my jacket, and try to leave. Then I realize I didn't grab my keys and wallet, so I have to go back up to my room and grab those, too. I do this quite frequently, though often with different objects.

I tend to have the ones where you're looking for something a lot.

Like I was wondering where my phone was one day and looked all over the house for it, wasting a full hour.

It was in my pocket. I called it, it vibrated, and I facepalmed...

This has happened several times. I'll be sitting at the table reading while I eat, reach out while still reading and not looking at what I'm doing, pick up my glass to take a drink and then look down and realize I am holding the salt shaker to my mouth.

I had just finished grocery shopping and was talking to someone on the phone while heading to my car. I hung up and placed the phone on the roof of the car while I loaded up the back seat. I drove home. Should I go on? I drove back really slow, and then searched all over. I ended up having to get a new phone!

My friend did that once, except she was heading from her house to the store, she put her phone on the roof and then forgot and drove off. She didn't realize it until she got to the store, and when she looked her phone was actually STILL THERE! Edited by Neko-Chan

• 7 years later...