Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you want just because you want it?

Xievie

I thought of this topic when I was thinking about how nice it would be to have figures of my favorite anime characters.

What is the point in having them? Nothing really. I just kind of want them because you want them.

Is there anything YOU want that has no real use that you would like, but the item is no longer available or you lack the money? Something you want just because having it would make you feel better for having it?

I still want anime character figures. Unfortunately, they're extremely expensive. The ones I want at least. They're also out of my reach if I ignore the fact that I can order some.

• Brohoof 1

Easy, money.

There comes a saying when people say you can't buy happiness or or you need money to have fun, and you know what? They're right.

Thanks to the economy and depression of it, I would grab as much money as possible.

• Brohoof 1

I really do want the upcoming games that are coming out this year, so I could just buy them and hope for the best. Sadly, the economy decided to rear it's ugly head to deny me of my money.

There are so many things that I'd love to have. But I currently have no job so it's kind of pointless for me to go looking :(

I'd love to have a zombie themed bedroom, with bed sheets splattered with blood etc or something.

I'd also love to have a larger collection of pony and anime figures. What I have currently is next to nothing and it's quite depressing when someone asks to see your pony collection lol xD I'm building up on a few mangas but they're all mixed series so it looks quite silly atm. I hate being stuck for cash. XD

A 1795 Springfield Musket: Because I really want a flintlock, and you can fit glass, nails, bb's, and other projectiles down the barrel and fire it XD.

That's a tough one because everything that I want at the moment, I can afford but if I had to choose it probably be another toyota sport coupe like a MR2 Turbo or Mark IV Supra. I don't really need them but I'd like to see them sitting on my driveway. Oh, i'd also like have a collection of fishing rods and reels/baitcasters just for the hell of it. Oh and a collection of hundreds of lures.

Am I allowed to say one of the most anti climatic things ever;

Season 4 to start already :x! I just can't wait for it :D! We have had almost a year since that start of season 3!

• Brohoof 2

Season 4 to start already :x! I just can't wait for it :D! We have had almost a year since that start of season 3!

Agreed! 100%!

Ah also would love to have the voice of Morgan Freeman, because his voice is just so damn sexy and my voice well its noting to really scream and shout about.

An ak 47 becouse well I am crazy and it is a cool weapon though I would not be able to use it too much sadly or a giant pizza with exstra bacon and stuff.  :yay:

A Curta mechanical calculator. Bloody expensive, but I admittingly have a thing for old technology that you just don't see anymore. Looks really cool when it's in use as well, look up a YouTube video of it sometime. It really is an amazing calculator, apparently complex on sight, but really interesting.

Edited by Celtore

A really great PC so I can play awesome games that my crappy present PC can't play. I'm missing out on so many games for the PC because my current one sucks. I feel so left out. :(

• Brohoof 1

i would totally want all the die-cast gundams, like AL OF EM! then i also hope to get the pathfinder book set, so that i could use the gundams to play pathfinder, and of course, i would like a pony companion of my own, unfortunately thats just a pipe dream!

I want quite a few things but for the sake of the topic I'll just say some things that I want but would probably never use.

First off, more steam games, I'm nearing 200 now and I can honestly say I've never played half of them, I just own them for the sake of owning them.

A suit of Samaria armour and Sword, I wouldn't ever use them but they look cool.

A proper leather cowboy hat, they're hard to come by in the UK, I would love to have one but I doubt I'de ever have the courage to wear one :P

A Novation LaunchPad, they look cool, lighting up buttons and stuff... I wouldn't be able to make decent music using one, but it'd be fun to play around with.

I want a First Edition Copy of The King in Yellow, circa 1895, estimated retail price $500-$800 U.S. I really have no need for it as I already own the book, but I want it because I really enjoy some of the short stories in it.

I'd like an unedited copy and an untranslated copy of Voltaire's various writings, a first edition copy of the King James bible, an Ottoman officers saber (or scimitar, I mess them up sometimes) circa 1714, a Scottish claymore circa 1652 or earlier, a copy of the list of Nazi war criminals captured and tried including the date they were found and captured, condition at time of discovery, sentence, and location and time of death (I'm a bit into WW2 history), a B-17 Flying Fortress, fully functional with the same nose art as the Enola Gay (see?), and a bust of the heads of the following: Julius Caesar, Winston Churchill, Voltaire.

Um, I think I got a bit too specific there...  :blush:

While there are many things that I want just because I want it, as far as I can remember, the thing that I wanted the longest for whatever reason was a Typewriter. 

Family finds it really strange, saying that you can type stories/poems etc on a regular computer, and I could just type up stories in a notepad or something, and it's more advanced.  I guess that's true but for some reason, I've always just wanted a typewriter instead.  I have no idea why, honestly... it just seems it'd be more comfortable somehow.  Too bad they're all so expensive if I recall correctly.

1. RAYMAN LEGENDS OH MY GOD YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW.

2. More Vinyl Figures of Vinyl-ness (Currently Collecting: MLP Vinyl Ponies, Doctor Who TITANS Vinyl Figures, FUNKO POP! Vinyl Figures, Mystery Minis By FUNKO, and some Non-Vinyl-But-Still-Awesome Portal Turret Figures.) 

3. (Something that will never happen) More time in the day to play ANIMAL CROSSING. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, that is kinda easy, for a poor person like me. .-.

~ To be in touch-contact with my very special somepony. (He lives so far. You do not even know.)
~ Some of those fancy Nintendo WiiU games that are coming out. And a WiiU.
~ More stockings. .-. I need moar. MOAR.
~ Newer pony merchandise. I can't really get much at all nowadays..
~ A mountain of pillows.
~ An ACTUAL comfy bed.
~....A soft blanket. .-.

OH. OH. A Scrooge McDuck merchandise item, and a big Luigi plush, if there are any. .-.

A Winchester Model 1901 lever action shotgun, with a large loop and metal plate on the lever, to be able to flip-cock it. It's basically the same exact gun as the Winchester Model 1887, except that it uses smokeless powder. An 1887 would do just fine, though.

The reason? Well, just take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51EW-eoC3FA 

Not only is that the pure definition of badass, but to own the same firearm as my favorite movie hero, would make me a happy man  :muffins:

Edited by Modphazon