Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions of Queen Chrysalis

Slice0Pie

Your all know about the Queen of the Changelings, haha!

What are your opinions of her?

Is she best villain?

Best pony?

Does she have a good color scheme?

Do you think the holes in her legs and horns are 'overrated'?

Should she be shown more or less?

Post your opinions!

I don't have much of an opinion on her. My favorite villain was Discord, but since he doesn't count anymore, I guess she's my new favorite villain. 

Her color scheme is odd yet works well..

Plus...she looks epic...

queen_chrysalis_by_milkydayy-d4zdjh1.png

• Brohoof 2

I think Queen Chrysalis is an awesome villain. At first I wasn't so sure of her but then I kinda liked her bug-like appearance though. It looks pretty cool. I also read the idw comic issue featuring her, so I kinda liked her character more after that.

Her color scheme really matches her. At first I thought it look odd but I actually like it.

I don't know why though but every time I see those holes in her legs it looks like cheese xD

Edited by Lunar

Is she best villain?

maybe. probably tied with season 2 discord

Best pony?

kinda have to be a pony to be considered for best pony. she is best changeling though =P

I believe she does. it looks fairly natural and I find it very reminiscent of beetles or ants

overrated compared to what exactly? solid legs and horns? /=| probably just added to make her look more menacing. overrated, not likely

hard to say, would be nice to see more of great villain like her but I don't want it to turn into "keep calm and flutter on pt 2"

Edited by silverreverb
  • Brohoof 1

She's obviously best villain!

I mean come on! Have you ever seen anypony else defeat Celestia?

And she was able to turn the elements of harmony, and Celestia against Twilight.

On a somewhat related note: I just love everything about her. (Maybe I'm just biased by the fact that I love changelings, but still...)

The only thing I don't like about her is that she wouldn't exist if it weren't for Cadence.

• Brohoof 1

She is the coolest character in the show by far in my opinion. I was quite surprised when I first saw her. She looked so cool and was instantly boosted to #1 on my favorite pony chart.

Is she best villain?

Yes she is. My favorite villain in the show. She had everyone fooled except for Twilight who knew something was wrong. It ended with everyone turning against Twilight, even Celestia herself.

Best pony?

Darn skippy she is. Best pony ever.

I am very attracted to her color scheme. The black body, blue hair, and green chitin like part of her body and eyes. In short, awesome and beautiful color scheme and design.

Nope. The holes are part of her charm.

Absolutely should be shown more. She is too great of a villain and character to use once and then just throw away. She has plenty of potential.

I'm a huge Chrysalis fanboy, but I can't help it. She is just my favorite pony in the show. So beautiful and awesome. :wub:

• Brohoof 7

She is a G rated succubus, one who feeds off the love of her victim for the one they love (and perhaps to a degree other emotions, though love is more satisfying) as do her subjects. Adding to this is her more insect like nature, giving her The Hive feel as well as the shapeshifting love eating nature.

One could perhaps argue that she is only trying to feed her subjects but I don't feel such works, heck for many fans it would seem that none of the major villains are evil, excuses being made for each of them... but the way I look at it, one does not need to kill someone to be evil or even need to physically harm another.

* One would have killed indirectly though taking away the life giving sun causing all life to slowly die of cold and starvation, a parasitic entity that had used Luna's jealousy and loneliness to gain control of her (canon based on the comics).

* The second would have created a World of Chaos/World Gone Mad (TV Tropes) using ponies as his playthings, having made ponies suffer greatly in the past though has now gained a Morality Pet (TV Tropes) in the form of Fluttershy.

* The Third would lock away the lover of her victim and feeds on him until he is so weak that he cannot even use magic and is able to defeat Princess Celestia and terrorize Canterlot

* The Four had enslaved his subjects, instilling fear and hopelessness into their hearts growing so dark that he was turned into darkness itself... also it would seem was a masterful planner, considering nearly everything that would prevent anypony from reaching the Crystal Heart.

All our major villains are evil, and are wonderful because of being such.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

I like her concept, however, she's a really stupid villain.

I mean.. She didn't even TRY to act Cadence, she just acted like a stuck-up bitch and in a way that didn't even reflect Cadence's character.. Oh, think no-one would notice?!

Also, the people of Canterlot are aware that there's a threat against the city, so they put up a giant force-field to protect themselves.. This must mean that Chrysalis would have been caught or spotted at some point.
But if that's not the case, she must have sneaked into Canterlot somehow, and if so.. Why couldn't her Changeling army just sneak in the way she did, instead of waiting for her to be revealed at some point.. But then, why would she want to reveal herself if she can just feed off of Shining Armour's love for the rest of their lives?

I like her design though.. Her design is pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

With Chrysalis, we have one of the best designed and interesting characters in the whole show. I genuinely want to know more about her, see her backstory, her relations with other characters, etc. 

Is she best villain?

Disputely, a tie between her and Discord (she may be no 1 considering Discord's reformation)

Best pony?

Best pony? Can't say for certain. Best Changeling? Buckin A!

Very much so. The cerulean and grey really blend well together.

Of course not. Her unique design is one of the great things about her. I'm not really sure how her holes can be considered 'overrated', anyway.

In reference to my first answer, yes. Chrysalis has so much potential and with a good story, humor and writing, she can be the Lord Shen equivalent of MLP.

• Brohoof 3

You can find more of Queen Chrysalis in the MLP comics, the changlings actually make an appearance in the first comic and the changling queen in I believe the first or second comic.

Yeah, the entire first four comics feature Queen Chrysalis as the villain as well as her Changeling army, so if you're a Chrysalis fan reading this arc is an absolute must! She definitely is an awesome first villain to start the comics off with.

Now, my opinions of our noble Queen Chrysalis?

Well...

She is tied for my favorite villain spot with Discord, although as others have pointed out, Discord is pretty much not a villain anymore, so she might be number one when it comes to villains who are... well... still villains.

What I like about her is the element of deception and the ruthless nature that she appears to have. She likes to toy with people's emotions and obviously has a lust for power over other beings, which are two great qualities when it comes to villains, at least in my opinion.

And obviously, there's the leg holes. The freaking leg holes. How could you not love them?

Queen_chrysalis_by_bluepedro-d4ztwaz.png

• Brohoof 1

Ah Chrysalis, I remember watching the season 2 finale on premiere date and seeing her reveal, it blew my mind that they had a character with a design like hers on My Little Pony. :o

Anyway, yeah I love Chrysalis, she's amazing. :D

1. Well since Discord isn't technically a villain anymore, YES. :yay:

2. One of the best, behind the mane 6 and another character or 2 for me though.

3. incredible color scheme for sure.

4. Uh no? Gotta luv Swisscheeselis! :P

5. More, definitely more. I really want to read the comics just because she's in them. :)

So yeah, Chryssy is amazing. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I would not be so quick to dismiss Discord as a villain, just because he has somepony like Fluttershy keeping him in check does not mean he cannot go back to his old ways.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

She was one of the only two villains to have an on screen battle and she had a master plan although it had many flaws it somehow managed to work for a moment. She has the flaw of being somekind of an idiot that let her ego get the best of her but a lot of villains are and atleast its not as bad as Discord who could control reality as when she realize shes done it was too late.

She also reminds me of Cell as the bug like form and changeling armys are like the mini cells.

What I don't like is the whole she is misunderstood fanon, she killed a freaking kitten infront of three foals. o work for

Edited by Hidan

Chrysalis is a fairly decent villain. She had a predictable plot and is a coped out villain but her design is nice and her voice isn't a pain to listen too.

Voice? Her voice was like Nightmare Moon's. It's really cool and EEEVIL sounding for about ten minutes, and then it starts getting ear-wrenching.

Best pony? Shoot, no, what are you talking about? She's a changeling. Are they even ponies?  :muffins:

Chrysalis is best cheeselegs, though.

Voice? Her voice was like Nightmare Moon's. It's really cool and EEEVIL sounding for about ten minutes, and then it starts getting ear-wrenching.

Best pony? Shoot, no, what are you talking about? She's a changeling. Are they even ponies? :muffins:

Chrysalis is best cheeselegs, though.

I don't know, I really like that warped sound in her voice. It does sound very evil sounding and she had the design and deadly personality to back it up.

I don't know, I really like that warped sound in her voice. It does sound very evil sounding and she had the design and deadly personality to back it up.

I agree with you, Ember, but it's just my personal opinion about her voice. She had a great personality, a great everything, pretty much. A good villain, although it made the entire changeling race look evil. Hopefully it is only her. One evil cheeselegs is enough, I don't want all of them to be evil.

What we need is another Bridle Gossip. No, not with Chryssi, but with another changeling. It would be cool

Edited by Dr. Nefarious Tropy

I love chrysalises character, even made a song about her and the changelings, the twist where it was revealed she was the villain was unexpected...atleast i didnt see it coming, she's cold, calculating, deceptive actually she's like a bond villain XD, what can i say i love her and thats it, would like to see more of her character.