Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the hardest thing for you to roleplay?

Courageous Thunder Dash

21 users have voted

1. 1. What's the hardest thing for you to roleplay

• Action/Adventure RPs
    • Fighting/Tournament RPs
    • Romantic RPs
    • Horror RPs

It's simple. What is the hardest thing for you to roleplay?

For me, I'd have to say fighting/tournament RPs. In these RPs, it is SO tempting to godmod/powerplay/go OP. This is due to the fact that each player wants to win. I struggled with this in an RP, which sadly I had to withdraw from. The fact that you have to be fair in this type of RP constitutes to why each fight between each character is very long. They can't go for so long and soon it has to end, and this is where I struggle the most. I try to end it quickly, but I might godmod without being conscious of it, until someone catches me doing it. 

I can't do noble or morally strong.

i can do romance in a heartbeat because that's who I am but...

I'm definitely not moral.

I prefer to do neurotic, evil, suave, basically the moustache twirling villain.

Fighting/Tournament, hands down.

It's not because of 'godmode' issue, but rather the fact that... well... everyone were there already. I find these RP's basically repeating themselves after a few posts. How many cunning moves etc can you come up with before others come up with identical ideas? It's just all doing one and the same thing for me.

While fighting in urban areas provides you with environment to interact with, fights taking place on the fields and in tournaments are dependent only on your own creativity... ...which quite quickly may run out, after you use your OC's special talents etc etc.

Plus, I feel that in fighting RP's a LOT MORE depends on your RP partner than in all different RP's.

How many cunning moves etc can you come up with before others come up with identical ideas? It's just all doing one and the same thing for me

That's exactly what I struggle with. Because when I put up move, the other RPer who I'm fighting will now look out for that same move, and you could pull off only so many moves before you get into the OP realm.  

I can't do romance. I have no real life experience to draw from. I don't do evil characters very well. I can do characters who do bad things but with good intentions, though. I don't have trouble with fighting/tournament types as I often play healing and support roles so I don't expect to win in one vs. one.

tournament RP's for sure. or RP's where there is a competition of some sorts.

there are just too many people trying to be the best or trying to win at the same time. this usually makes for a very chaotic experience...

I never role play in English - I don't feel confident enough to do it - but I do play a lot in French. 

For me, the hardest type of RP are romantic RPs. I never know how to react and I always end up looking ridiculous. That really akward. I guess I don't have enough real life experience !

Anyway, romantic RPs don't really interest me, so I don't really care. 

Sorry for the English mistakes, I'm not a true English speaker.

Edited by Zreyta

You'd think anyone could roleplay twilight... just do what your lists tell you to do, works for her.

I've never RP'd anything, ever. I've no experience in romance. I like fighting stuff but i'd really need to know what the limits are and i can except that there is a point a character is not getting up again. Theres stubborness and theres multiple organ failure. I know the difference xD.

Adventure ones sound fun as i like stories where characters travel and generally just talk as they go, obvious as to what they're about to walk into.

Edited by Nail Malinter

Getting people to join my RP. Thats extremely hard for me. For example, I had an epic RP planned where you are sent to assasinate Discord. NO ONE JOINED. A had another war RP set during World War 2 in the Battle of Berlin. Yet again, no one joined. I figured it was time to leave this whole RP thing to rest

At the moment....everything! wacko.png

I'm somewhat reluctant to adopt an alternate persona. I've donned them countless times in the past, but now that I've truly settled on my character it feels unnatural to assume another outlook. Although "role-playing" emphasizes that your just playing a part, I can't[don't want to] act differently than I normally would. Even on days when my randomness peaks, I'm hesitant to make many jokes (like yesterday, I joked about Pokemon Mega-Evolutions being synonymous to Digivolution; not because I think so, but because it connected to something being said...still considering deleting it xD).

There's a bit more to be said on this, but you get the idea....feels like this could go in the "Life Advice" section tongue.png

had an epic RP planned where you are sent to assasinate Discord.

Hard Mode, thats why. It'd just be all of you not being able to hit the bastard with anything. you'd have more luck hitting celestia with all 6 elements than fighting discord.

Assuming Celestia honours the Video Game Boss code and doesn't use her ultimate attack on the first turn.

My issue comes from  that orient themselves entirely on fighting, namely tournament RPs.

Often, RPs like this center solely around the fighting and the moveset used against the opposition. That's nice and all, but I just wanna see character interaction. That's part of the fun of an RP: Showing your spin on the relationship between characters.

So when it just orients itself around fighting, it hurts.

... Oh, also, my ability to properly choreograph fighting through text is awful. So yeah.

I'd have to agree with fighting/tournament RP's, it's just too hard to keep it fair.

Personally, however, I'd have to throw in anything creepy, gory, or just overall sad. The ONE thing I can't do is hurt the characters in the story I'm working on. I just can't bear seeing bad things happen to them. As for creepypasta RP's, I'm really kind of a coward xD. I lose sleep so easily over the tiniest of things, like a mere screamer. It's so bad that I just have to avoid the genre altogether. To really put it into perspective, I've only heard one line that SUMMARIZED the Cupcakes fanfic. "It's pretty much a fic about Pinkie Pie slowly torture killing Rainbow Dash." Didn't read the fic. Didn't watch the animations. That's the one and only sentence I've heard about it. Still didn't sleep for a week.

I never role play in English - I don't feel confident enough to do it - but I do play a lot in French. 

For me, the hardest type of RP are romantic RPs. I never know how to react and I always end up looking ridiculous. That really akward. I guess I don't have enough real life experience !

Anyway, romantic RPs don't really interest me, so I don't really care. 

Sorry for the English mistakes, I'm not a true English speaker.

Just thought I'd reply to the grammar portion of this x)

You don't really have to apologize for the mistakes, because this is written in almost perfect English! The only mistake is having "That really awkward" instead of "That's really awkward." Other than that, well done ^^

Getting people to join my RP. Thats extremely hard for me. For example, I had an epic RP planned where you are sent to assasinate Discord. NO ONE JOINED. A had another war RP set during World War 2 in the Battle of Berlin. Yet again, no one joined. I figured it was time to leave this whole RP thing to rest

Same thing with me. Here, not a single one of my roleplays got widespread, despite placing so much research in it. It was the same with other roleplays; a Prohibition Era RP, a RP on WWI, a roleplay on Assassin's Creed in the 19th century, and another roleplay on Bioshock. It's even more unfair when people who seemingly did less effort on creating gets more posts than mine.

But back to the topic, I'm bad at romance. Fighting, tournament, and adventure are easy for me, since I have unconventional ways of thinking and strategizing against others in a legitimate way justified by intellect than being OP.

And I can play horror and comedy decently well.

Same thing with me. Here, not a single one of my roleplays got widespread, despite placing so much research in it. It was the same with other roleplays; a Prohibition Era RP, a RP on WWI, a roleplay on Assassin's Creed in the 19th century, and another roleplay on Bioshock. It's even more unfair when people who seemingly did less effort on creating gets more posts than mine.

But back to the topic, I'm bad at romance. Fighting, tournament, and adventure are easy for me, since I have unconventional ways of thinking and strategizing against others in a legitimate way justified by intellect than being OP.

And I can play horror and comedy decently well.

That just made me think of something. Those aren't "cannon". I think people are pulled into things that are more related to the show, rather than something that's crossed over. I'm doing a Need For Speed MLP Crossover RP and it actually got quite a bit of attention. Sadly, no one has posted in the past few days and I really don't want that one to become abandoned. 

I never roleplayed before, but I would find horror to be the toughest thing for me to roleplay. I'm not a fan of horror, so that would introduce problems to me. With action and fighting RPs, I feel I can do a decent job at. With romance, I honestly feel I am really good at that. :)

Romantic RPs, definitely! i just don't know what to do in them. i've never had a gf before irl. so, it's somewhat hard for me because idk what to say sometimes. and then you have your Erotic RPs, which i do not care for at all.

I've been role playing on and off for almost a decade, and I've found that the type of role play doesn't matter as much as the type of character I'm role playing does. I recently started role playing in Guild Wars 2, and my first character was an Asura. Asura are incredibly intelligent, sarcastic, and witty, and I found that trying to accurately portray those qualities in a role play was incredibly difficult. On top of that, Asura have a complex culture full of various expressions and mannerisms that all had to be taken into account when actively role playing.

• 2 weeks later...

The only type of roleplay that is kind of difficult for me are romantic ones.

I can do everything else (especially Horror and Adventure) quite easily, but romantic roleplays are really awkward and uncomfortable for me unless it's with a close friend or something who just wants to do it for the lulz. 

I don't really have that much trouble with any kind of RP, only because I have a good bit of friends who like to do all the different kinds, so I've become decent at them all I guess o.o

That's why when I RP, it's always "Partner's Preference"