Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your ultimate sandwich?

Noazark

Everyone is so obsessed with bacon XD I've never had bacon, but wouldn't it be bad with a sandwich? I thought it was something to eat on it's own tongue.png

There's a reason I said "my kosher family", I stopped eating kosher years ago. I am full-blown heretic at this point. It's a good thing my family's so open minded. (They're Jewish, if you hadn't figured that out...) My cousin Judy even converted to a pretty conservative branch of Islam, and we still had her and six of her kids over for Thanksgiving, although they left before dinner, saying that they would only celebrate islamic holidays. I think her husband misunderstood, and thought Thanksgiving was a religious holiday... But that's neither here nor there. We all commented on her good taste in hijab... since all we could see were her eyes.

ANYWAY. That was an awful tangent. The point I meant to get at a paragraph ago was that I am quite familiar with bacon, and I can tell you that it goes with everything. It makes anything and everything more delicious. It is almost like our tongues were designed for it. Most likely, though, pigs were bred for thousands of years to taste that good.

BUT! Despite how good it tastes, I still rarely eat bacon. As good as it is, you're still only missing out on one thing. It's good to not be another bacon-fanatic never discovering the fine and weird frontiers of cuisine. (I once had black garlic creme-brulee, and I regret nothing, especially not that.) Every time I have declined to eat bacon, I have been eager to eat something else. Bacon, with its "one-flavor-fits-all" taste, is just too American for its own good (and it didn't even come from America!). It oversimplifies your food, and makes you boring.

That said, talking about bacon has made my mouth water. >_>

Challenge accepted, I already mentioned the Italian Beef so what else do I have in the old bag of tricks? I forget what is is called but my aunt who was the head chef at my Dad's restaurant sometimes makes this flat beef that makes a killer sandwhich. She takes the meat pounds it out flat puts extra virgin olive oil on it and puts it in her special blend of bread crumbs made from fresh Italian bread, oregano, real pecorino parmigean and Italian parsely and bakes in the oven. The meat in question is fairly cheap as it is the same meat used to make carne asada. Put some mozarella or provolone or maybe even both and a little mustard and you have one killer sandwhich. Also this dish called Ma's chicken that was served at my Dad's old restaurant also makes a good sandwhich all you need to do is the same thing I described for the flat meat except with chicken breasts instead and there you go. I sometimes barbeque the chicken breasts when I make Ma's chicken and my Mom has used chicken cutlets a few times and it turned out great.

I barely noticed, though, because this was already making my mouth water! WOW! I'm making this tomorrow! I will post pictures.

Don't have a pic but I can describe it

A white bread ham and cheese sandwich deep fried, dipped in melted butter, and covered in mayo. 

JK thats a hear attack-wich

Edited by MLP_Moth

So I know I said "tomorrow" like three or four days ago, but does this look about right?

img-1965136-1-1029131222.jpg

I put it on Ciabatta that I awkwardly cut into thirds.

Update: This must be right, because I can barely stop eating it long enough to tell you how good it is!

Further Edit: Well I just inhaled an italian steak sandwich... despite how amazingly delicious that was, I feel like it was missing something. Maybe it's just the American in me wanting to put a slice of tomato on everything, but I'll experiment with some greens and reds.

Edited by DenialZombie

One my own BLTS!!!  Mouthwatering local locker bacon (really nice, thick, juicy slices with the perfect crisp when cooked).  Delectible mayo on one of each bread, with the sweetest, crunchiest lettuce, with some thick, hearty tomato slices to finish it up.....man, my mouth is watering...

Something like this:

bombay-sandwich-image.jpg

It's a type of sandwich served in Mumbai. It generally contains potato slices, cucumber slices, tomato slices, onion, chutney (which is a spread made from blended cilantro and green chili pepper), tomato sauce, and chaat masala (a type of spice). All that between two toasted slices of bread. Yum!

Edited by LED Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

Mine would be: first, my mom's homemade bread. It was her first time making it but it was so good, I was starting to eat it by itself. :3

Then, the meats. I would like to do four slices of brown sugar ham and four slices of chicken.

Then for the toppings, just lettuce and red onions with a dallop of mayo. As for cheese, I want three slices of sharp cheddar (I mean really sharp) and four slices of provolone.

Then put that in the toster oven, but not too burnt, just barely brown. Mmmmmmmm. :3

Also, a great breakfast sandwich I have made a few times: toasted english muffin, a sunny-side egg turned over at the last minute, red onions, and BBQ sauce. Really messy, but really great. :3

• 2 weeks later...

The ultimate sandwich....Hm...What to eat...What to eat...

1. Bread
  2. Melted Pepperjack cheese
  3. Summer Sausage
  4. Lettuce
  5. Itallian Red Wine Sausage
  6. Bread

That's about it. I'm not super fancy, just a simple sandwich :P

• Brohoof 1

Toasted whole wheat bread with dijon and yellow mustard, fresh cracked peeper, sea salt, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. As for meat: smoked turkey, black forest ham, hard salami, deli sliced roast beef and deli sliced honey ham. Cheese: provolone, colby, swiss, and monterey jack. Vegetables: iceberg lettuce, sunflower sprouts, kale and red onions. I just ate it a few minutes ago. I miss my epic samich...

Edited by Arretez

I'm really disappointed at the lack on NSP so far.  This is the Ultimate Sandwich, no questions asked.  A shit-ton of of chicken on a dick-load of ham, an explosion of clams...you can't get much better than that.
  • Brohoof 1

What's your ultimate sandwich of choice? What would be on this ultimate sandwich that no one can put down? Meat? Cheese? Bread? Condiments?

Hey! Your topic already exists in the form of an older thread, so I've merged them into one. In the future, please run a search before creating a new thread. Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...

This could be considered simple, I really don't know, but some mayonnaise and mustard (which is a new addition to my sandwich making. It could be either honey or spicy), on the bread, with turkey, ham, cheese, and lettuce.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I have a sandwich I sometimes treat myself to on the weekend. It makes for a nice wrap too.

You pan fry up some kielbasa, preferably smoked, then blanket the kielbasa with a slice of Havarti cheese. Add a little barbecue sauce and some ground garlic for some extra flavour. Finally, microwave on high for a few seconds to melt the cheese and to bring it all together. It's very yummy!