Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Royal Equestrian Institution for the Sick and Disturbed

WeskerandLoki

Thought was sitting on the bed in the corner of his cell. He was slowly counting to him self, "3647,3648," and scribbling something on the wall with a rusted nail he found. "3679." While he was writing the nail slightly cut his hoof.  "Ouch! I may need a better planner..."

Edited by danzxc123

(OOC: Guys, sorry but I have to go to sleep, I have important things to do tomorrow. Bye guys, this is a warning that I won't be back till tomorrow night. Now for random letters till I hit 200 aśsdfghjkghjklfghjk ghjkfh jkkagagagakgak gakgak This is stupid good night)

Brindle hear the call, and after apologizing to Golden Age for having to leave, he made his way to the lobby, his jacket tails and real tail whizzing behind him.

He soon reached the doors, coming upon his new coworker.

"Mr. Inkblot I presume?" He asked, as the receptionist stared at them. He gave her a hard stare, which caused her to turn in her seat.

((I will need to temporarily assume control of Brindle temporarily to proceed with some interaction when you're gone. Don't worry, it's short.))

"Ja (Yes)," Inkblot replied, taking a look at Doctor Brindle. Though the doctor was six years his junior, the griffon's tall stature and somewhat intimidating glare disproved such facts. Inkblot had done research on him; obvious, Brindle was foreign, though he had somehow grown accustomed to pony culture. It was a strange fact that he was identified as a doctor when he took up psychology like him; psychologists generally didn't take the title of "doctor". Psychiatrists were the actual ones trying to prescript medicine and deal with the patients. Psychologists like him simply identified and studied the problem.

Speaking of psychiatrists, Inkblot had a partner in another mental hospital he once worked with. He wondered if he'll be coming here, though he immediately dismissed that thought when the griffon suddenly said, "I am Doctor Brindle, and I am pleased to meet you."

Inkblot shook hands with the young griffon. "Have you read my résumé?" Inkblot questioned.

"I believe I have," Brindle answered warmly. "I apologize, but as a new employer, I need you to deal with some patients of mine. We have become quite busy, sadly. There's been an unexpected amount of patient admissions today. Perhaps –" he raised his eyebrow "– you can assist us. The institution is overflowing, and we need all the help we can get. Take care of some patients for me. Maybe you can show us some of those skills you claim to have."

Few minutes into the job, and now I need to help out with some work, Inkblot thought. "No problem," Inkblot responded tersely.

"Good," Brindle flipped open a notebook. "Golden Age, Sound Thought, Sunset Sky, and Stardream. We need you to deal with these patients, in any order you choose. If you do a decent job, we can safely consider you're fit for the occupation. Some of them can be found at Section Breakthrough, which is down that hallway to your right, and if they're not there, then you can check Section Clairvoyant or Adept. But whatever you do, do not enter the fourth floor."

Inkblot was confused by this news. This wasn't in the description at all. "Why not?" he asked.

Brindle shivered. "That's where some of our more...trouble-making patients go. I don't want you to be inflicted by them, and since you're new, you're not quite fit for that area yet. Just stay in the sections, okay?"

Inkblot silently nodded in agreement. "Good," and Brindle flew away, up the stairs. Section Breakthrough, Clairvoyant, and Adept... he thought.

Well, time to meet some ponies.

--------------------

@@Mint Drop,

His first "patient", Inkblot decided, would be Sunset Sky. Having some of their profile sheet, he memorized and wrote down in his journal the most important parts. Inkblot knew a case study didn't simply take a day, and he needed as much information he could get on this pony. He started to jot in his journal.

Sunset Sky: First patient in the REI, or Royal Equestrian Institution. Pegasus, eighteen years of age, female. Orange coat, blue eyes, brown hair; golden streaks on tail, presumably from a recessive inherited trait. Disowned at infancy, lived at Crown Island, previously called Blueblood Island, in an orphanage. Constantly abused at youth, never adopted. Experiences post-traumatic stress disorder, moved to Ponyville in her late teens. Traits may have regressed due to constant isolation. Found at the streets, impoverished and starved, recently taken into the Institution. 

Inkblot stopped at one room that read "Sunset Sky". Well, let's see what's this pony's problems are...

@
(You did such a good job of describing her, and good job on the story for why she's here, as that's totally something that would happen to her, sad as it is... Also, I was hoping you would choose to work with me biggrin.png Even though I think she'd be a case for Dr. Brindle.)

Sunset lay on the bed in her room, hooves covering her face. She didn't know what to think about this place. Last thing she remembered, she had been falling asleep on the street, then she had woken up here, in the REI, and had been asked to tell what she was doing on the streets. She'd told them that she didn't have the money for food, let alone somewhere to stay.. 
She heard a set of hooves come to a stop outside her door and sat up slowly. Covering most of her face with her incredibly messy mane, she tried to speak.
"C-c-come in..." she croaked, her voice hoarse from lack of use. Nopony had ever stopped and talked to her on the streets, and for that, she was glad. She wasn't anywhere near social, anyway.

Edited by Mint Drop

@@Mint Drop

Inkblot stared at Sunset Sky. After some observation, he concluded that this was surely the mare; the information given to him matched the exact pony he was looking at right now, if the sign outside didn't prove much. 

"Excuse me, but are you Sunset Sky?" he asked. No answer. Sunset was covering up her face; it would have been difficult to listen to him. Sighing, Inkblot gently pulled the pillow and placed it down, though her grasp prevented him from doing that. 

"Miss Sunset, I need you to be cooperative," Inkblot demanded in a soft voice. "If you don't, we can't identify your problem. I have read your profile –" he threw a folder of papers on her desk, "– and it's highly likely you have developed post traumatic stress disorder. I need you to be aware of this."

Inkblot then took out a small loaf of bread leftover from his lunch in the school. "I guess you might be a bit hungry after sitting out in the streets," he suddenly added, placing a bread on her bedsheet. "You might want to eat it while I'm talking."

He immediately rose his voice to declare, "For the next fifty minutes, you and I will have some personal conversational chit-chat. Don't worry, it's only between you and me. After that, you'll be in therapy, and will go through the rehabilitation process. Again, you do not need to panic. After a few months, you'll be out of the institution and will " 

Her problem isn't that severe, it's just PTSD, Inkblot pondered. I can probably do this by myself without the help of a psychotherapist or psychiatrist. Inkblot knew it won't be that easy, however. Maybe some of that medical experience he had learned in high school and university can be used now. 

@
The moment he walked in, Sunset started trembling. She'd been hiding from ponies for a long time on the streets, she wasn't used to being spoken to directly. She grasped her pillow, too scared to answer his question,  and winced but held on when the stallion tried to move it, though she hadn't meant to be uncooperative... She was just terrified.
Post-traumatic stress disorder? she thought as he spoke. She'd never heard of it, but her orphanage's classes taught nothing about psychology.
She looked down at the piece of bread he had given her, unsure what to do. Of course, she knew how to eat, but it seemed rude to eat in front of somepony who wasn't. Still, though, he had given it to her, and she was starving...
Her hunger won out over her desire to be polite. She carefully took it, hiding most of her face behind her mane, ears flattened. 
She nibbled on it a bit as he spoke, wincing again at his raised volume of voice, but listened anyway.
When the stallion finished talking, she swallowed her tiny bite and tried to speak again, her voice just as weak and quiet as before.
"Wh-wh-why am I h-here...?"

Vokun grunted before walking off to the corner. Who was he kidding? The necromancer was probably dead by now but had somehow put a sealing spell on his undeadness. He would remain like this forever. But still, the Wraith's hatred flowed strong and his mind only focused on one thing: kill the necromancer

@@WeskerandLoki, Jay wandered the walls of the building, shyly hiding behind her mane as she looked out for other ponies. She had been inside this institution for about a week now; the charm that had been placed on her horn was working so far to suppress her magic, but Jay knew that it wouldn't last. The other pony who shared her body and her mind would soon come up with a means of breaking the charm, and then they would be free again. However, Jay didn't welcome this thought. She longed to be able to settle down in one place for once, with other ponies who could be her family, but Jinx would not permit it. Jinx had come into being after Jay had hit her head hard, and protected her, but Jay feared her. It couldn't be normal, surely? Most other ponies only had themselves in their head, and didn't share it with somepony else. Jinx had never killed anypony so far, but Jay still feared it happening cuz then she would find herself and Jinx being locked away forever, with no hope of ever breaking free.

Listening carefully, Brindle took small notes, once in a while gasping. He never liked war. It was a horrible, horrible thing. He remember when his father would talk of the Griffon and Dragon wars, for which he had had a large part in. His sacrifice was great, taking both his mind and his flight.

That was the reason Brindle became a doctor. To help people like his father, and the Stallion in front of him. He continued listening to the horrendous yet somehow grand story, his mind picturing every detail.

"Anyway...we ran into our first real battle about a month after landing, it was a rather fun experience" he said with a smile. He always did take enjoyment from the heat of battle. "We drove a regiment or two of regulars from their breastworks. It took us three attempts, but they broke eventually. I do recall myself walking with the lads, sword pointed towards the fray....'twas a beautiful sight to look to one's right and gaze upon lines of lads standing abreast with one another. It didn't take long for 'em to break. I recall cutting down one who I assume was a corporal, had to finish him off I did, can't stand the screams."

Golden Age had a strong smile upon his face, an expression that recollected the nostalgia of his trade that brought him enjoyment from even his days as a lowly private. He loved to see the foe flying in terror before him. He saw war, at least in a civilized manner, full of entertainment and glory. He simply loved it.

"Those were the good days, in my opinion. Fall came and went with no significant importance; I went about my days as any other. That's when it started getting cold..." His smile vanished immediately, his mood went from gay to somber and eccentric. "The first snow came in November...the Army did not issue winter clothing, Celestia knows why, and our clothes that we were currently wearing were beginning to wither into rags. The Quartermaster stuck to army regulations, even in the face of disaster. Only issuing coats every 3 years per soldier, even in times of drastic situations."

He sat there, his head hanged slow for several moments before continuing.

"The winter came in force...the transportation of food and supplies broke down horrifically, we had to make days rations last for weeks. And...t-the cold was just as deadly...p-people froze to death on guard duty...most of those who went out at night never came back for roll call the next morning."

His lip began to quiver and his body began to shake.

"We had trench duty as well...I had to be down with my boys on several occasions...y...y...you'd a-always have to r-remove the frozen c-c-corpses from the previous shift..."

He buried his face in his hooves and began to cry, masking the sound as much as he could. 

David walked in to the building with an inquisitive look on his face. "She threatened to do it, but I never thought she meant it. Luna seriously sent us to a mental hospital." He heard a voice in his head chuckle. This actually wasn't unusual for him. Ever since an event in the recent past had occurred, he had been hearing and talking to a voice in his head. He had actually named the voice Poe and was quite fond of him as a companion. He had been a special agent before being ordered to take some time off to see if that would help his mental state. He was an agent of espionage, a very good one to, considering he could do what no pony had ever been able to do ever before, he could copy a changeling's ability to shift. This is what had gotten him in to trouble originally before though. After being sent to spy on the changelings, he was captured and tortured for secrets on equestria's military. Eventually he broke. When he did though, he didn't reveal any secrets, he actually formed a second personality. His mind had broken in to many pieces and he needed help putting them together. Some how, some pony did show up to help him. Poe showed up. Together, he and Poe eventually crafted a spell that would allow them to escape the hive. That was how he ended up here. At the institution. "We've come a long ways. First we're the most respected espionage agents in the business, now we're mental institution patients." David nodded grimly. He reached in to his jacket and pulled out a letter from Princess Luna herself written to a Doctor Brindle. "Hmmm. I wonder what kind of quack she's having look at me this time." The letter was a precaution to let whoever treated David know what they were dealing with. It told them that he was quite rational, except for one problem, he heard voices in his head. It explained that his back ground was classified and that he should not be asked about it unless absolutely necessary. It also explained that David was an agent of the military and worked as a spy. As such, he knew how to escape and it was useless, or mostly, to try to stop him. David had read it over a million times, even though it was still in the envelope, sealed. "Eh, I'm a spy, it's what I do." He rationalized. Poe agreed with him. "If she didn't want us reading it, then she would've told us so." David walked over to the reception desk and stopped in front of it, setting the letter down and waiting for the receptionist to notice him.

Edited by Dave Pyro

@, Lost Soul had to go there. There was just something different about the place. The pul was too strong, but still different. Seeing a stallion go inside, she darted in behind him, not wanting to raise suspicion or fear by opening it herself. She wasn't aware there were actual ghosts there. Once inside, she wasn't sure what to do. The pull was coming from upstairs, so she started making her way to the stairwell, trotting slowly so as not to make a sound.

Edited by Mint Drop

@, Lost Soul had to go there. There was just something different about the place. The pul was too strong, but still different. Seeing a stallion go inside, she darted in behind him, not wanting to raise suspicion or fear by opening it herself. She wasn't aware there were actual ghosts there. Once inside, she wasn't sure what to do. The pull was coming from upstairs, so she started making her way to the stairwell, trotting slowly so as not to make a sound.

"Wow! Did you see that?" "What?" "That mare...Luna almighty! She...I don't even know what to say!" David muttered under his breath, "And every pony thinks I'm crazy." Poe laughed. "You're the one talking back to me. I'm not real remember?" David laughed now as well. "Right, and I'm Starswirl the bearded."

She waited for Dr. Brindle or anyone to work with her, Boring! When can they finish with cursing me more and let me go HOME, this isn't even a HOTEL! She thought, and played with a small baseball her mother gave her before disappearing, which was the only thing she brought to the Institution...

Edited by ~Tian_Disharmony~

@
Lost heard the stallion start talking to himself, and sped up on the was to the stairs. Once on the stairs, she din't want to bump anypony, so she started flying. 

The pull brought her up to the third floor.
"Somewhere here... is somepony dying?" she murmured to herself. The pull went down a hall, and she followed it.

((The main pull is from Storm Lily and the ghosts, I expect she'd be magnetized to Vokun as well.))

Edited by Mint Drop

The ball read, Screwball, and, she noticed on the other side there was a name,a name she couldn't make out, all she could see was a D, the ball was old, yet it might be anypony's signature, maybe her mom's coach. She sighed,she missed her mother,she woundered what happened to her, she asked her father before about her ,but he said nothing.

Vokun felt a presence near him, a magic presence. The Wraith growled before lashing out at the air, hissing in anger at the creature who disturbed his pain and revery. 

"Krii" Vokun growled in the old tongue. The word meant "kill" which was what the Wraith planned to do once he found the presence

"Well, isn't this a situation." Chain Mail said, his hooves locked into the ceiling by a makeshift bar, doing inverted sit ups. "I'm alone in here, forced to entertain myself. I could plan a break out. But where's the fun in that." He added, talking to himself. "After all, I don't have much to do outside here. So, I'm forced to wait in this... HELL HOLE!" He yelled, striking out at the wall.

Storm Lily walked slowly towards the hallway, the call of a new presence among the dead pulling her forth. She needed to do what she could to make it feel welcome.

Such a strong spiritul pressure could mean so many things. it could be confused, sad, or even angry.

As she walked from Vokun's room to the hall, some of her smaller ghost friends found their way to her, and curled in her mane and tail, whispering small things, trivial things. They were just wisps of former lives, memories and leftover energy.

"Somepony new! Somepony new!" said one close to her ears, snuggling underneath a lock of her hair.

She played with the ball like a cat with a mossball, she noticed it going through the door, "NO, NO!!" She yelled and opened the door, the ball was going up (how odd) to a room, something or somebody was trying to tell her something and was telling her through her mother's gift. The ball went uder Vokun's door, she gave up following it and left for her room with a sigh.

Edited by ~Tian_Disharmony~

Vokun glared at the ball that entered his room with distaste. Why could he not remember his family in peace?! He grabbed the ball in his teeth and stormed down the hall, muttering angrily. He finally found a door where the scent was stronger and shoved the ball underneath the door before heading back to to his room

@@WeskerandLoki
Lost Soul veered one way atn intersection, the pull narly dragging her along now. She saw another pony up ahead.
Is she what's bringing me here? she thought, continuing to walk that way. Is she dying soon?
She didn't know. So the best she could do was wonder as she trotted down the hall.

"What's this?" Chain Mail asked, dropping from the ceiling with ninja like precision. "I've gone through a violent outburst with no guards to come and stop me. Oh yes, I'm not at one of those stuffy fundraisers now. I'm in some place MUCH better." He yelled, adding the great sarcasm in his voice. "If only I wasn't so bored, then maybe I wouldn't have to YELL AROUND HERE!!!" He added, hearing all of the commotion around him.

Edited by GameytheGeemer

@@WeskerandLoki

David paced in the main foyer, waiting for some pony, any pony to come out and talk to him. He stopped pacing and picked the letter up again. "Should I tell Luna that no one was home?" He wondered aloud. When Poe didn't answer he sighed and put the letter back on the receptionists desk. "Back to pacing I guess."

@Mint Drop

Storm Lily suddenly saw a mare coming down the hall. She hid her face under her mane, which shifted the small spirit that now resided behind her ear.

As she watched the mare grow closer, she felt a sudden surge of energy come from the fellow pony.  She backed up into a wall, squeaking lightly. The mini-spirits all grew louder, their squealing and whispers drowning out the sound of hoof steps.

"What!"she said, "YAY it's back" Why was it acting weirdly? She thought,she grinned and played with it somemore, The statue with the beanie might have been her, I've seen pictures with her and dad, it looked excsally luike her, If only I can look at thst Statue by 'Discord' more closely She thought to herself...