What is your worst excuse for watching MLP?

~XCOLIDE~

I used to be embarrassing that I watched mlp and I would make a excuse if somepony saw me watching the show and even though I don't any more and i'm proud to be a brony. If you made excuses what was your worst and very hard to believe excuse.  

dWN6qhE.png

I once used the excuse that MLP meant Major League Players and I was a member and had signed up for their forum (this forum). I also said that the pink M on the tab was for Breast Cancer awareness, and that they had just forgotten to change it back to Green.

Edited by ~Sadistic Tumble~
  • Brohoof 5

PdSWUnD.png

You'se a b*tch. - Riley Freeman

Signature made by Kyoshi

MLP Forums 2nd Most Random Member

Umm, my worst excuse was that this website was a spam site...I also made ALOT of excuses to my husband when I first got into the series....when I bought my first pony merchendise, I said it was for a friend's daughter....and then I hid it up in the tinker room behing all my sewing machine stuff, and brought it out when I worked up there (it was a pinkie pie brushable, and I was even embarassed buying it)....

"In fire iron is born, by fire it is tamed"

I made the suggestion to play MLP at a 5 year old's birthday party and I just so happen to have all 65 episodes on my computer for easy viewing. At the event, I had to "watch the projector" to make sure it was aligned properly with kids running around and touching stuff.

I'm not mad, because I got to watch 4 hours of ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I once used the excuse that MLP meant Major League Players and I was a member and had signed up for their forum (this forum). I also said that the pink M on the tab was for Breast Cancer awareness, and that they had just forgotten to change it back to Green.

That's a pretty good excuse.

I've never had to explain it to anybody because for the past few years, nobody has managed to catch me!

• Brohoof 2

I never had to worry about that because I was never caught. However, I did have a back-up plan, or a failsafe if you will. My excuse was that a friend told me I should try watching the show because it was good, and I have a very open mind. If they think I am stupid or gay at that point for being open to new things, then they are not worth my time anyway.

Edited by LightsCameraAction
  • Brohoof 1

Well... In order to watch the premiere via stream I told the "Phytotherapic Drugs" teacher that I'd miss the class because I had to travel with my father....

I regret nothing.

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/32864/Metemponychosis

For dumb, self-important fics about mythology, ponies and fascist griffons that can't figure friendship out.

And I'm just getting started.

Never told anyone, never had too. Just started wearing a shirt, and moved on up from there in expression.

At worst my brother has made off jokes, and gotten his son to say "it's for girls". But even he (my brother) cannot back his claims, so he shuts up quickly.

So the only excuse I have is "meh"

I pull out a couple of the comics though and show the oddball jokes they have (Resident Evils mansion in the Everfree forest on a map, the battle of discord area looking like the chess board from Alice in wonderland, a broken Optimus Prime, and Bebop's skull from TMNT... And thats only in season one!) most are more like "cool!" and stop saying anything anymore.

I never had to make up an excuse, being a girl and also not caring what someone would think.

But if I did need an excuse, I would either say: "Blame Discord," to confuse them or "It's a good forum with kind people.  I might as well go on here, whether I watch or not."

...meh.

DiSCoRd'S AppRENtICe

FeatherGemSiggie_zps0c16c701.png

Promise Me - A Fanfiction By Feather Gem

I have never made an excuse for watching MLP, because anything I could possibly come up with after my mother questioned why I was DVR'ing it would be so ridiculous as to be outlandish. I have no smaller sister, my brother isn't around the house any more, it was summertime, so I was home by myself most days, and my dad doesn't even watch that TV.

So I just owned up to it.

And then nothing bad happened.

TRUTH IS GOOD.

Though, really, I wasn't being very careful about it. If I was, I wouldn't be here, even.

latias.gif

I don't give out excuses, really. Being a 15 year old girl, people don't really care or ask questions over what I'm watching. Some people assume I'm watching an anime though because of the ponies' designs and because of the fact that I also watch in Japanese from time to time. Eh, it's a TV show, if someone makes a big deal out of it, then I'll count off that person as an idiot and move on with my life. 

• Brohoof 1

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

Eh, I never made an excuse. If someone found out, I didn't hide it or anything. I just simply said "Yes, I watch this show. It's quite good." I hate making excuses just to hide the fact I watch MLP. If I like it so much, I shouldn't hide it. That's just how I felt about the situation.

sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.8I83u3P.png

IF is best girl.

My worst is excuse is the excuse where I really have no explanation other then for my word and I hate it when someone pushes me to explain my excuse simply because they can't accept it... *sighs* the excuse is simply:

"I just don't like it..." or "I just don't want to ok?"

I'm just a silly little alicorn, trying to get by in the fandom ^^

sig-19227.SignatureAlicorn2_zpsb868001e.png

The Lightning Bliss Show

Lightning Bliss DevianArt

lol what's to hide just be all like "I'm a dork who likes cartoons and this one is another cartoon so yay!"

Although I have a college buddy of mine who rather than explaining to his parents why he thought it was good he found that it was easier to tell them that he was gay even though he's completely straight. He was an interesting individual, that's for sure.

• Brohoof 1

Gonna be honest, don't take anything you see from me seriously on here. I don't go by the Lord Bababa username on anything anymore because of so many reasons including me being a jerk from time to time. This is the very condensed version of it but I'm not the same person now, I'm better. Not gonna post anymore on here so yeah.

• 7 years later...
On 2013-11-27 at 3:12 PM, lardbobobo said:

lol what's to hide just be all like "I'm a dork who likes cartoons and this one is another cartoon so yay!"

Exactly. I wouldn't make an excuse for watching MLP, I would just be honest.

• The title was changed to What is your worst excuse for watching MLP?