Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S4 And Strength Of Brony Community.

Harmony And Rarity

When I first became a Brony during the end of Season 3. Most Bronies Left, Or Talked about the end of the Brony Community. But, the hopes of Season 4 could change that way of thinking. Do you think there will be more Bronies and no more thoughts of the end of the Brony community?

• Brohoof 3

It is definitely far away from being the end, even when there are a few bronies that are leaving the community because of something so idiotic and they just can't get over it.

• Brohoof 2

Oh there will definitely be more bronies. With all the new inevitable fan works going to be produced, and a bunch of people talking about it, we will no doubt get more bronies. I'm sure there will be a few people still talking about the end of the brony community, but not very many. When season four ends we'll probably see some people pop up and say that its ending, but thats only to be expected during a hiatus.

• Brohoof 2

the end of the Brony Community

5RgOt1I.png

So, do I get style points for clever references? 

Once a fanbase is established, very rarely does it ever fade out. There will always be one or more dedicated fans that will do anything to spread the message about their celebrated (previously or current) series and this is how fanbases begin in the first place. So as long as this formula exists, any fanbase will continue living on.

• Brohoof 6

Something tell me that like 90% of the Bronies that said they were going to leave the fandom because of Alicorn Twilight came back, or at least checked out the new season out of curiosity.  Honestly I don't think our numbers took a huge hit form that.  Especially considering the people who said they were leaving were just a vocal minority in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

If you ask me, we have reached the point where people leave and people join, we're so known by now so the fandom is not expanding rapidly anymore (maybe it increased with a few people a week but that's not much). A stable point in the graph. (Stable, get it?)

Something like this

PjviTZj.png

I don't think the community will die in a long time.

Edited by Jokuc

I don't like the herd mentality that's omnipresent in this fandom.
People, you are way too attached to this show and the community, if you actually think the Brony fandom dying is somehow a relevant issue.
I came for the ponies and I'm staying for the ponies. Fuck the fandom, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think a fandom ever truly dies, it may dwindle in numbers but most will live on long after its show, or games come to a end. The memories, animations, fanfiction, ect that we have contributed and our dedication insures that our fandom still has many years to come. Even if MLP comes to the end of its life span we will still remain to keep it alive in spirit.  As for season 4 bringing in more bronies, all I have to say is if there more episodes that are as bad ass as the two-part opener then yes I see our fandom growing.

I've been with ponies since early season 2, and this happens at every turn of seasons. Season 3 ends, the neigh sayers and such say tis the end of the fandom and the next season will bring the end. It's a cycle. Nothing to worry about, we're not gonna run outta ponies for a long time.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think a fandom ever truly dies, it may dwindle in numbers but most will live on long after its show, or games come to a end. The memories, animations, fanfiction, ect that we have contributed and our dedication insures that our fandom still has many years to come. Even if MLP comes to the end of its life span we will still remain to keep it alive in spirit.  As for season 4 bringing in more bronies, all I have to say is if there more episodes that are as bad ass as the two-part opener then yes I see our fandom growing.

What you mean? What was wrong with the first two episodes of season four? There was nothing wrong it at all.

I hope you are all right. Well, the positive ones because MLP is just very important to me and I want it to continue and be successful. Hopefully even make a generation five of it and hopefully, I'll be able to work there along side them. I do not think much for the fans who left the fandom over dumb reasons and stupidity. I'm not gonna go into detail and off topic about that right now. There are a few ways to expand our fandom even more. Even if people are talking about it a spreading the word, we need to get a lot of new fans faster, so here are some ways we can get more fans in. Just some ideas from the top of my head.

1. We can get and make petitions.
  2. Send positive to Hasbro about Equestria and Princess Twilight to lighten up their spirits.
  3. Tell our closets and loyal friend to get them involved in it.
  4. Make videos to attract more fans.

And those are all my ideas.

How many fans are we getting now?

I've been with ponies since early season 2, and this happens at every turn of seasons. Season 3 ends, the neigh sayers and such say tis the end of the fandom and the next season will bring the end. It's a cycle. Nothing to worry about, we're not gonna run outta ponies for a long time.

There's always a summer gap where we're inbetween seasons. The thing that was brutal recently was that season 3 was half the length and the gap was twice as long (almost a year). Also EQD and Twilicorn caused as much drama as the Derpy situation. That doesn't mean we won't bounce back or that we won't get new people.

It IS imperative though that if well known fannon creators leave (like what has happened with MANY of the first wave of musicians leaving) that the fanbase has to accept new faces and changes. If you're going to recommend to new people those who have left (Tombstone, Glaze, Alex S, NACP, PPS, Jackleapp, Makkon) you should also recommend those who currently make good music so you don't kill the part of the fanbase that's still running. New cannon has to translate into new fannon for us to keep going strong.

Support the part of the fanbase that still LOVES mlp and makes content for it or they will get frustrated and stop doing so. If you want to have people who've left the fandom do reunion shows at bronycon rather than people who've never been there then that's the wrong choice of allegiance. I hope the fanbase has enough wisdom to realize this is the case but I'm not sure if it does.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 3

Well, from my perspective S4 is doing good... I remember "#MLPSeason4" became #1 trending topic on Twitter on Nov. 23rd so yeah, my guess is brony fandom has a long life ahead!

I see that a lot of people have a similar thoughts as I do on the matter, but I would like to state that I don't think that the fandom can die so long as we have bronies so hard-core (herd-core XD) that they would seriously think about establishing a brony nation (possibly in europe as we would be able to take advantage of it's dwindling economy and buy a larger amount of land for less cash than normal) and a religion that worships Luna and Celestia as deities.

The first one I can get behind actually (imagine an Equestria Hetalia character) though, so I doubt that the brony fandom is dying anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

There's always a summer gap where we're inbetween seasons. The thing that was brutal recently was that season 3 was half the length and the gap was twice as long (almost a year). Also EQD and Twilicorn caused as much drama as the Derpy situation. That doesn't mean we won't bounce back or that we won't get new people.

It IS imperative though that if well known fannon creators leave (like what has happened with MANY of the first wave of musicians leaving) that the fanbase has to accept new faces and changes. If you're going to recommend to new people those who have left (Tombstone, Glaze, Alex S, NACP, PPS, Jackleapp, Makkon) you should also recommend those who currently make good music so you don't kill the part of the fanbase that's still running. New cannon has to translate into new fannon for us to keep going strong.

Support the part of the fanbase that still LOVES mlp and makes content for it or they will get frustrated and stop doing so. If you want to have people who've left the fandom do reunion shows at bronycon rather than people who've never been there then that's the wrong choice of allegiance. I hope the fanbase has enough wisdom to realize this is the case but I'm not sure if it does.

Tombstone didn't exactly leave, he just got a contract with a real company so he can't risk doing things that could infringe copyright anymore, he's said he's still in the fandom and will continue to attend cons and perform his already existing songs for as long as they keep inviting him. 

He also said something about doing more subtle MLP inspired music, even though he can't do stuff that's blatant anymore. 

Edited by Shoboni

Tombstone didn't exactly leave, he just got a contract with a real company so he can't risk doing things that could infringe copyright anymore, he's said he's still in the fandom and will continue to attend cons and perform his already existing songs for as long as they keep inviting him. 

He also said something about doing more subtle MLP inspired music, even though he can't do stuff that's blatant anymore. 

Yeah I've heard a lot of what he tweeted. I wish these guys success if they feel they need to leave the fandom (and that's when you don't make music in it anymore) because thye're bored, feel stifled, or have allegiances to a non-pony music label. But i guess I'm not a big fan of when someone is at the very top of the fandom and is fine to be flown out to bronycon and perform AFTER they've left but isn't willing to stay and make music in the community that loves him. Does anyone really care about Alex S's non-pony music over his pony tracks for example? . I guess i just don't see the gratitude, the allegiance, or the dedication on the top that i see near the middle and the bottom and that saddens me.  

Yeah, I always didn't get why everyone was bitching and whining and sending death threats to Hasbro over Twilight getting wings. I LOVED that change, despite the fact that the episode itself was complete shit. It was pretty much all song and they were ripoffs of The Beatles' songs. But, because S4 is AWESOME, I definetly see our fandom, our family, growing again.

• Brohoof 1

Friendship is Magic is a timeless classic. It's a new and current classic, but it's a timeless classic nonetheless. It will always have fans. Furthermore, it's first fans have successfully created a subculture that is increasingly rewarding to participate in. We're the new Trekkies :)

• Brohoof 2

Well, good thing one of them didn't leave.

Friendship is Magic is a timeless classic. It's a new and current classic, but it's a timeless classic nonetheless. It will always have fans. Furthermore, it's first fans have successfully created a subculture that is increasingly rewarding to participate in. We're the new Trekkies :)

All of this is really such good news to hear. I love the fact that our fandom won't be dying or cancelling because of all this stupid stuff. I'm so happy to even hear we're getting more fans and I hope it's a lot.