Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Gives You Strength?

Wicked_Skies

I've come across the MLP forums many times and I even abandoned my old account and hadn't planned to return until recently when I made this new account. 

My point being, I've seen a lot of depressed people on these forums. Sure there are some positive folks roaming around these parts but the depressed ones stick out like a sore thumb to me.

This is part of the reason as to why I'm making this thread and is what will lead to my question which is the title of this thread.

What fills you with inner strength? What makes you feel strong, determined, brave, focused, good? 

I don't care how depressed some of you may be, we all have moments when we experience something that lifts our spirits even if it's temporary.

For me it's music, I'm easily effected by it. If I'm feeling sad or angry, music can lift my spirits and make me feel epic. It can even calm me if I'm really in a bad place.

Here's an example of a current song that I'm listening to (hope it shows up in my post. lol) :

This song always makes me feel epic and gets me out of a rut pretty quick.

So yeah, What gives you strength when you're at your worst? Maybe this thread can become a place where we can find some strength when moods are low so share what you got!

Edited by Wicked_Skies
  • Brohoof 3

Music helps, but understand that emotional comfort is not enough. Inner strength comes from discipline.

The very best way to increase in discipline is challenging yourself. Challenge yourself to accept failure and learn from it.

It's not about punching, it's about what you can take.

Achievements, however small, lead to greater fulfillment. When we order our lives and accomplish goals, we become stronger, happier and more lovable.

• Brohoof 4

What gives me strength is, ironic as it sounds, working out. Lol, I know, It gives me strength in more way than one. But seriously, after lifting weights and working out I feel so good about myself. I feel powerful and feel like I'm truly achieving something to help me get to where I want to be in life.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Mirage said:

Music helps, but understand that emotional comfort is not enough. Inner strength comes from discipline.

The very best way to increase in discipline is challenging yourself. Challenge yourself to accept failure and learn from it.

It's not about punching, it's about what you can take.

Achievements, however small, lead to greater fulfillment. When we order our lives and accomplish goals, we become stronger, happier and more lovable.

Well there you go. You're quote alone can give strength. Hope it helps someone. 

I read some books on it and found that taking it easier on myself helped a lot. I stopped letting the jerk in the back of my head constantly put me down with negative thoughts. Sometimes, you just have to stop and give yourself some credit with a little positive reflection. I'm not perfect and I have my flaws, but by the same token, im not a complete failure either. 

• Brohoof 5

Firstly, my family and my friends give me strength. I sometimes feel like a failure, but knowing that I matter for others is the one thing that help me recompose myself.

Music doesn't help me a lot. But I like watching the sky when not obscurred by clouds. This peaceful roof is so beautiful and wide it inspires new ideas and infinite possibilities. It's good to remember there's still hopes and dreams lingering somewhere in mind. It really helps to feel motivated to fulfill some goals.

• Brohoof 4

Music, time and friends. I need time to think things over. An ability I'm proud of, is that I can pull myself out of the brink when life gets touch, just by simply saying I don't want to be sad. An advice: 

Never have mercy with yourself. Try to learn and fight situations you can't handle. Try be optimistic and happy and take the time to think things over. 

And some music really helps a lot. Songs like this:

Spoiler

Edited by Hierok, Scoffer of Music
  • Brohoof 3

Fantasy is what gives me strength, and here's to hoping I can properly explain why. When I'm feeling upset for one reason or another, I tend to escape reality by things ranging from playing a game to writing my own story. I love to dream, because that's where my fantasy actually becomes reality. Knowing that there's a whole world out there that lives up to all of my expectations and doesn't rely on me to keep anyone else in mind gives me joy (it sounded less rude in my head. I love people, I swear) and that's what gives me strength in the end.

• Brohoof 6

For me it's protecting people I care about. I don't like injustice and I try to make things right in my own ways. I'm not a crusader, activist or even a very nice or friendly person, but when I see something I don't like, especially if it involves someone I care about, I do something about it. It doesn't always work out the way I intend, but at least I don't feel sick over not trying my best. 

I also love Barbie. Sue me.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...