Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do so many people dislike Rarity so much and like Rainbow Dash so much?

Sazama Ichida

It could be a number of reasons. It could be that everyone has a unique personality, and are drawn more to some character traits more than others and dislike some character traits that others find appealing.  Personally, I think it's just because they don't know any better.

I would suspect becasue male Bronys can relate to Rainbow Dash the easiest with her being a tomboy and find Rarity the hardest to relate to being the most feminine (and the only mane six member who matches the medias idea of how a woman should "behave").

However Rainbow and Rarity are my 1st favourite and 3rd favourite respectively. I like Rainbows colour scheme and the fact she is a jerk with a heart of gold. I like Rarity becasue she has some brilliant quotes.

I think people like RD more is because she is the typical tomboyish girl that is a total badass and people don't like rarity because she makes the show target what it is actually going for.... Little girls

I think people like RD more is because she is the typical tomboyish girl that is a total badass and people don't like rarity because she makes the show target what it is actually going for.... Little girls

Too bad for them that it's Rarity's episodes that actaully tend to deal with more slightly more adult issues.

• Brohoof 1

I think people hate Rarity because she fits into the female stereotype. It's pretty sexist, but a lot of people are against femininity. Feminists things it's an example or particracy, misogynists hate anything feminine, feminine men are even hated by homosexual men who think they reinforce the stereotype. People think all feminine people will cry when they break a nail or stuff like that. 

I cry when I break a nail. :( It hurts. :( When it doesn't, it keeps catching on stuff until it's ripped off.

I have no clue. I actually like both Rarity AND Rainbow Dash. I just didn't grow up in an elite household like Rarity did. I think that may be a contributing factor to why people don't like her as much as Rainbow Dash, but don't take it for actual reasoning. It's just a bold prediction.

I just didn't grow up in an elite household like Rarity did

Neither did she, actually. Rarity's fancy accent and upper class mannerisms are more of an attempt to defy her roots than to live up to them.

PHfGSvt.png

• Brohoof 4

I have no clue. I actually like both Rarity AND Rainbow Dash. I just didn't grow up in an elite household like Rarity did. I think that may be a contributing factor to why people don't like her as much as Rainbow Dash, but don't take it for actual reasoning. It's just a bold prediction.

I grew up in a poor household where I got food from the local church. That is the opposite of elite. 

I love Rarity, though. (I also love Rainbow Dash despite me not being a sports fan.)

I grew up in a poor household where I got food from the local church. That is the opposite of elite.

I love Rarity, though. (I also love Rainbow Dash despite me not being a sports fan.)

My goodness. I didn't think this would get that dramatic.

But yeah, being a sports nerd is pretty much the reason I like Rainbow Dash the best.

Neither did she, actually. Rarity's fancy accent and upper class mannerisms are more of an attempt to defy her roots than to live up to them.

sig-4212123.PHfGSvt.png

Well, let's face it. The only other people in the upper class in Ponyville I can think of are Filthy Rich and his housemates. All I'm saying is I grew up to be more of Rainbow Dash than Rarity. Edited by Flyer

I have absolutely have no idea. In my opinion Rarity is the real best pony. But at the same time, I believe that each character deserves equal treatment and respect. (Actually, Rainbow Dash is my LEAST favourite out of the Mane 6.)

post-36311-0-64219200-1448016310_thumb.jpg

She's my No. 1

Rainbow Dash is actually my least favorite Mane Six pony. Rarity is absolutely great though, don't know why people wouldn't like her. "Because she's feminine" seems like an odd and immature reason, given what brony fandom is a testament to. 

Rainbow Dash is actually my least favorite Mane Six pony. Rarity is absolutely great though, don't know why people wouldn't like her. "Because she's feminine" seems like an odd and immature reason, given what brony fandom is a testament to. 

It seems there is a lot of hate for masculinity and femininity these days. 

• 6 years later...