1. 1. Opinions of Disney

• Love them
    • Hate them
    • No Opinion

Most of you you my awenser :P

I love, love, love Disney! :D

I love DisneyLand, DisneyWorld, and of course, the movies they make! :D

My favorite short is SteamBoat Willie

Favorite movies is bambi, and all the lion kings.

• Brohoof 2

Their old stuff is great. Y'know, the animated movies most of us grew up with, especially Aladdin and the Lion King.

Other than that, I had to watch the Disney channel today at a Thanksgiving party since my cousins had it on, and it turns out they have some really hot actresses for those cheesy sitcoms of theirs.

• Brohoof 2

I love the Disney Renaissance movies like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin! But my opinion towards Disney will go down if they screw up Episode VII like the probably will.....  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 4

I like them, they of course have a lot of great movies in the past, and even some I like that are more recent. They do have a lot of sitcoms on their channel now, but oh well :/.

Overall they have a lot of nice movies do I like them.

• Brohoof 1

I love Disney, but their handling on the Star Wars franchise so far has gotten me very worried for Episode VII. They've also lied aboit their plans for Star Wars a few times to cover their asses. Such as them cancelling the Clone Wars to focus entirely on the new trilogy, but then a week latter they announced multiple stand alone films to be made along side the trilogy. They have said they would reveal news in the summer and fall, but they didn't because of problems. On top of that since they are so dead set of releasing it in 2015, it seems like they will be willing to rush out Epi. VII. So far, Disney has yet to actually releasr good new news about Star Wars.

As far disney goes, most of their movies are pretty good. (anything off of disney channel definitely not though) And y'know, disney land/world are both pretty cool as far as effects and quality goes, but there is that one thing that I never liked (even the first time I was at disneyland when I was like 4) that whole "just believe in your dreams and they'll totally come true" crap. It's sorta like y'know, "follow your dreams" or whatever is alright, but telling kids that they just have to wish for something and they'll get it always sorta screwed up the experience for me. But yeah as a whole disney's pretty cool.

• Brohoof 3

Great animated films, and they have my childhood by the balls, as Nostalgia Critic put it at one point.
At the end of the day, though, Disney is a huge, evil mega-corproration, and I *hate* huge, evil mega-corporations.

• Brohoof 1

I love Disney movies very much, because it grew up with them. I love animation in general, and theirs have such high quality and depth of story. However......

I hate disneyworld. Yeah, I said it! It's not worthy of the title "happiest place on earth." Walls of human traffic, being surrounded by little entitled rich kids and their soccer moms pushing people out of the way with their huge-ass strollers, clearly healthy-enough-to-walk people riding in those wheelie carts (so they could go through express lines), overly priced food (majority of which is fried foods). Also the park was simply too large for me to enjoy without my feet wanting to fall off and the rides weren't as thrilling as I would have liked. there were some things I did like, the attractions were really nice and well put together, but all the above killed any of the Disney magic in my soul. And of course, the "believe/follow your dreams" crap is gag worthy.

Disney channel is also full of crap. I gave up on it long ago. All those teeny boppy "Disney stars" and how heavily commercialized they are is disgusting. I hate that shit.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I have a love hate relationship with disney. I love that they were able to put out a movie like paperman but I hate the fact that the software they used for it is proprietary.

that short combines the best parts of 2D and 3D animation and disney is keeping it all to themselves /=|

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind Disney all that much. Their 90's and 80's movies are pretty nice. And they make some gorgeous animation. It's just a shame that that's not really a thing anymore, and those days are gone. Though at least Disney has teamed up with Square Enix to produce the Kingdom Hearts series, which is pretty awesome. It's where I experience most of my Disney these days. 

Also, I used to find some of the shows on the Disney Channel pretty entertaining. Life With Derek and Wizards of Waverly Place were some of my favorites to watch. Also, Hannah Montana was so stupid that it was hilarious at times. Oh oh oh and That's So Raven. That was funny too. Also, Phil of the Future. But those are really old ones.

• Brohoof 1

I love the Disney Renaissance movies like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin! But my opinion towards Disney will go down if they screw up Episode VII like the probably will.....  :okiedokielokie:

Yup disney, don't you dare screw STARWARS!!

I prefer old to new.  I loved their 2D movies like Lion King, Mulan, etc...  And don't get me wrong, I also love Toy Story too!  There's just some new movies I find so stupid now... >_<   Like Planes...ugh.

• Brohoof 1

I am a huge fan of Disney and have no shame for watching their movies any chance I get... despite that I will admit not everything they have made is gold, and they have the bad habit of making way too many sequels.

Brave (yes I know more Pixar but Disney owns them), OZ: the Great and Powerful, Wreck-It Ralph, and The Odd Life of Timothy Green are some of my favorites of their more recent work though I do plan on watching Frozen.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Disney is my life, and has been forever, and always will be. I'm talking about the main animation studio and their main films, not any tv series or any other studios Disney owns or partners with.

I have never stopped watching Disney films, I know most of them by heart, and watch every single one of them every few months or so. To me, Disney isn't "my childhood", because it's never stopped being a part of me.

Gonna be the sour puss and say I'm not a huge fan. They're absolute scum as a company, Walt himself a member of a known anti-Semite group, quitting it to save his companies image when Hitler started making a huge uproar. In the 90's they tried buying historical landmarks to bulldoze and built shitty theme parks on. And in the last decade alone they've begun to blatantly monopolize the film industry, buying up both the largest sound effects and visual effects firms as well as one of the largest digital animation studios (which they already basically owned since the 90's anyway). They've also dipped into two of the most profitable franchises in Hollywood and have plans to spam the market with movie after movie of both until we're at their doorstep begging them to stop with the hero onslaught. Oh, and their TV programming is second only to TLC in terms of crap. Their films are pretty hit and miss with me, and their dislike of auteurs and their history of executive meddling has left me disappointed that they take a fantastic concept and water it down to fit in audiences aged 1-100. Dinosaur, for example, was concepted as a "Rite of Spring" type of thing, but Disney forced lemurs and Dino lips into it because the execs didn't want a PG rating. I'd have to say the only movies of theirs that I've thoroughly enjoyed has been the PotC franchise.

Edited by Dinos4Ever