Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite characters, Idol, Role model.

StealthBrony

Ok so my favourite MLP character is Fluttershy and tbh i wish more people were like (as i do with all of the main six) her and i myself try to act like her more than the others.

Does anyone else do this with their favourite pony? Try to act like them alot, I guess due to attachement how much better they are, compared to alot of people in this world.

I don't look up to Rainbow Dash as my idol or role model, but she is one of my  favorite characters nonetheless. But, my idol has got to be Twilight Sparkle because she reminds me of myself and my role model is Applejack.

Though Pinkie Pie is definitely my favorite character in MLP, I wouldn't necessarily say she is my role model or idol. Idol is a rather odd word for me to use in this sort of context. Overall, if I had to think of any character in the show that I truly look up to, then I would have go with Applejack!  :)

applejack_standing_by_mighty355-d6req8e.

I really admire her level headiness, her responsible work ethics, her cunning skills, and her undying love for her family and the farm they live and work at. Unlike Pinkie Pie, she's all about getting her main responsibilities out of the way first, before doing anything fun and dilly dally. 

When it comes to anything work-related, I can be just like Pinkie Pie. My thoughts are always just like "BORING!" :okiedokielokie:

And then I end up regretting those same thoughts later on. So yeah, I often wish I can be more like Applejack. Hardworking and responsible! *insert smiling Applejack emoticon here*

• Brohoof 1

Even though Rainbow Dash is my favourite, I look up to all of the mane six.

Rainbow Dash because she motivates me to become more competitive.

Fluttershy because she is very relatable to me and is able to overcome her fears.

Twilight Sparkle because she is smart and can find a solution to something quickly.

Pinkie Pie because she is always there to put a smile on anyone's face when they need it.

Applejack because she is hard working and very honest about everything.

Rarity because although she may be rich and stuck up kind of, she is very generous toward others and would actually put her friends first imo.

Absolutely. I find myself wishing more people in the world were like the Mane Six, but especially Applejack. I'm not ashamed to admit that I consider her a role model, and she is someone I strive to be more like. She blows me away with how selfless she is. She is constantly putting others above herself, which is such a wonderful and admirable contrast to what goes on in this cutthroat, dog eat dog world. She is stubborn to a fault. That is, she will push and work herself to the bone just so someone else doesn't have to. She prides herself on being as reliable and dependable as possible, and will always be happy to take time out of her busy schedule to help another out, something of which is backed up by a can-do outlook and an unwavering dedication. She has such tremendous strength of character in every way. I would be honored to have even a fraction of her work ethic and integrity. :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have a role model or an Idol from MLP. But I do try to act a bit like Optimus Prime actually, Odd, but he is open minded, always seeking to do what is right, and using  violence only when it is deemed necessary.

Me too! I'm a transformer nut, so I really think Primes my fave character. Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie pie, Fluttershy and dash are also my fave :)

Applejack, I suppose. She acts all calm and reasonablelike. Something I aspire to do. As well, she is confident, stable, has like the best southern accent I've ever heard, great hair/eyes, and is basically just responsible and honest. I mean, she's quite a good role model in my opinion. Even though she has her flaws (like excessive pride), she at the very least is willing to own up to them at times. (Also, I like her hat. It's awesome.)

Oh, I'd give anything to be more like Pinkie Pie. Maybe not to the degree of focusing more on the means of making people happy than the act of actually pulling it off, but to have her extroversion and sheer positive attitude would be a godsend to an introverted weirdo like me.

The mane 6 as well as a few other ponies in the show have some admirable traits but you have to remember that the reason why they are so relatable is because they are so human like and with that does come some flaws many of which we ourselves can in some way identify with. I have long admired Applejack because of how strong she has become, how she has gone through so much pain and hardship and had to endure so much by losing her parents and having to take on so much responsibility at such a young age yet has become a honest, hardworking, independent and successful young mare.

Despite this admiration though I am not trying to be Applejack, yes I have a great deal in common with Applejack but that was the case long before I got into this show and will likely be long after. And the same goes for Twilight Sparkle and Luna though I do admire them just not to the extent I do Applejack they are tied with her for my favorite pony and I do have quite a bit in common with them as well. What I like about Applejack's character is the implicit message of it is that you have to be true to yourself, that you can't let the biases and expectations of others get in the way of doing what is right or being you. Nowhere is this more evident than Applejack's cutie mark origin story, she tried to go to Manehattan to live the more "sophisticated life" but soon found out that she wasn't happy because she was trying to become somepony else. So many people put on these masks in order to conform to what others expect of them and they are not happy because they are denying who they really are, and some of them project that unhappiness onto others by joining the crowd and forcing others to conform as well. It shows a much greater contempt for the truth than people realize as how can you be honest with others if you can't even be honest with yourself?

With those similarities come differences though, unlike Applejack I am not a farmer, am more of a cityfolk and though I am not afraid of hard work I hate my job. The fact that I have these differences is okay though, the bottom line is no matter how much I have in common with Applejack I am not Applejack but that is okay because I am my own unique person which is what we should all strive to be. That dosen't mean we all shouldn't strive for some self improvement, I myself have grown and matured quite a bit over the years and will do more of that in that in the future.

I believe that the Mane Six all have traits that I strive to emulate. I would love to be kind, loyal, honest, generous, and full of laughter. But even though I try to be that, I'm not, but they do hold a great standard for me. 

Something I've noticed is that I now have a habit of adopting a 'Rarity voice' when I'm lecturing people, like a faux-British accent and I call people "darling" or "dear"; it's very odd. O_e

In a way, I do. A few months ago I was striving to be more generous. I succeeded, and I still try to be generous. I also try to be honest most of the time. I still tell lies, but I'm a lot more honest than I used to. I don't have anyone else to look up to, so I look up to the mane six, I guess. I look up to Fluttershy more than anybody, though. I'm shy like Fluttershy, so when I see her be a little more assertive, or a little less fearful, I gain respect for her. I know how hard that can be.

I'm not trying to be them, I'm just trying to be a little more like them. I want to be a mix of their positive qualities combined, is basically what I'm saying.

We need more people like the mane six in this world.

I would definitely say I act a lot like my favorite pony, Daring Do. She has a thirst for adventure, she is quick thinking, witty, I'm like that. She also has trouble asking others for help(Which is a HUGE issue for me) and tends to work alone. That's me in a nutshell. She's also an author. I love writing. A lot.

As for role model wise, I'll say Applejack. She's an extremely hard worker, she always puts other before herself, and that's incredibly admirable, to me, at least.

She's also one of my favorites, so. Team Applejack~!

29775__safe_applejack_animated_artist-bl

Edited by Daring Don't