Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What characters do you think look overweight or unhealthy ?

Spikey-Wikey

I can think of that one background pony from Ponyville Confidential, Truffle Shuffle. Mrs. Cake is a little bit that way too, but she's also given birth to twins and lives in a bakery so I wouldn't expect anything else. Pinkie doesn't visibly appear to weigh anymore than anybody else, but in my mind, if she were humanized she'd be a little chubby in a cute way.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

You said unhealthy, not just plump. So Snails, the bell boy from "Sweet and Elite", and the nerd from "Putting Your Hoof Down" apply as well. Discord might be thin, we haven't seen any other draconequus. 

Spike is definitely not fat by dragon standards, all dragons have that pear shape. 

Pinkie Pie

Why would you say that about Pinkie :C

But um.. I don't know I don't pay attention to such things lol. Isnt Mrs Cake like the only one?

• Brohoof 1

Spike isn't unhealthy, he's a BABY dragon.  It's BABY fat.  Completely healthy and necessary.

And about unhealthy, what about that sick stallion in the CMC's song 'The Perfect Stallion'.

"He clearly has a terrible cold." - Sweetie Belle

• Brohoof 1

If Mrs Cake is overweight than I must be a damn house, she has got some curves but that is not a bad thing. Plus she just had a couple of foals so can be forgiven for a little extra padding, Mr Cake is one lucky bastard. The only overweight pony I have seen is Truffle Shuffle, but since he is so young I think cutting back on the fatty foods and getting a bit more exercise will probably help him. He is not dangerously overweight but is a bit on the chubby side. If anypony is unhealthy it is probably Pinkie Pie, true she is not overweight but with how many sweets she eats it is a miracle she is not a diabetic. If you stabbed her I will bet sugar would come out instead of blood.

• Brohoof 2

The only ones that struck me as plump are Rarity's mom, Mrs. Cake, Truffle Shuffle, and Snips.  I always imagine a human Pinkie Pie being a bit more pudgy, but that's not really shown in the artwork.

Spike, despite his pudgy gut, is healthy. He looks properly proportioned to me given his height and age... and that he's a dragon. Being the only biped in the show makes it hard not to look at him by human standards for some people, I reckon.

Mrs. Cake was a little thick even before the foals. Not calling her fat or anything. She could just stand to drop a few pounds. Truffle Shuffle is obviously unhealthily overweight, and I'd say Snips is in the same boat as Mrs. Cake.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Rarity.

img-2188279-1-Rarity.png

Nah, just kidding. Anyways, I agree for the most part with your list.

unamused_rarity_vector_by_togekisspika35:lol: 

I think Mrs. Cake, that fat kid who's in class with the CMCs, and Snips; obviously, as everyone else has pointed out.

Trying to think of more just to make my post more original, but I can't think of anyone else off of the top of my head, dammit. :D

• Brohoof 1

I have yet to witness a morbidly obese pony. I'm surprised pinkie pie isn't fat. There just needs to be an episode about bad eating habits where one of the ponies get really fat, but then thanks to the power of "friendship" they become thin again.

I have yet to witness a morbidly obese pony. I'm surprised pinkie pie isn't fat. There just needs to be an episode about bad eating habits where one of the ponies get really fat, but then thanks to the power of "friendship" they become thin again.

Or better yet: An episode where Pinkie Pie A.) puts on a few pounds, to the point that others notice, or B.) gets a cavity as a result of her unhealthy eating habits (some other situation could go with this, just any consequence that could happen as a result of a diet of nothing but sweets). There could be a good lesson in that. "Your choices have consequences" (as Pinkie chose to eat all those sugary treats) or more simply "Don't eat sweets all the time" (which would probably be simpler to understand for the original demographic, and relatable to them).

Edited by Miss Reaper
  • Brohoof 1

For the record, I do not think Pinkie Pie is overweight. Sure, she stuffs her face with sugars and sweets most of the time, but for some unexplainable reason, she doesn't seem to weigh anymore than the rest of the mane 6. Her body looks fine to me weight-wise, as well as adorable. :3

But like what others have said, Truffle Shuffle is unhealthily overweight. I just kinda find it funny but sad how even his name sounds... weighty.  :P

• Brohoof 2