Was it easy for you guys to make friends on the forums?

TheCountryArtist

I searched up for a thread like this but nothing came up, so sorry if there I already a thread like this.

For me, it's really hard at the moment to make friends on here. It's not easy as I thought it would be. Outside the internet I make friends easily, but here, it's just so hard and... Ugh!!

Anyways, how bout you guys?

• Brohoof 7

It's fairly easy for me to make friends on here. I'm terrible at making friends in real life so being able to make friends online is a definite plus. Of course, most people befriend me because of the things I'm into, namely Video Games and Anime. 

Heyy, you gots meh. :3
I gotchu homie.

Anyways, for me at first it was a really bumpy road, because I kept coming across a ton of ignorant people. It took me a little bit, until I got the hang of things!
Now I have a second family. :3

Not really. Any friends I've made friend me and never say a word. Or when I talk to them they take forever to respond or are clearly awkward with talking to me. I only have a very small amount of friends that I really consider friends. Don't really talk to me much either though.

*shrugs*

• Brohoof 3

It took a while to make some friends when I joined the forums for the first time, then I started to post and get to know a lot of people that became my friends after I made a strong connection with them. It is all about how you approach it.

It hasn't been easy for me. Mainly made friends by posting in the finding your special somepony thread and then people would pm me and we would chat. But yeah, I only have a few friends on here from that. Other than that I have no idea how to really strike up a friendship on here unless you like to rp and participate in an rp. I'd imagine anyway, I've never role played. Anyway, I'm with you on the struggling.

I guess not really, I mean at first when i got here i really didn't friend anyone or get into any super deep friendships with anyone, now i add basically everyone who requests me, and i talk to some people more i guess, and they tend to stick around?

Honestly though i don't know if i can say that i have any super tight friendships, but a bunch of nice ones, idk, its hard to say because while i have a bunch of loving friends here, alot of them i don't converse with as much as i feel i should. Parly my fault due to being very random with how long i'm on and when.

Its easier then making friends IRL though i think.

I think in a sense no as how I see it. I mean I have made some great friends here (I don't even know if they would still consider that though) don't get me wrong and some I think I may have squandered some I once had, because of stupid choices. But I think it would be hard for others tolerate me at times. I don't usually have anything interesting to add to conversations. I let my emotions get the best of me more than I should let them. I always wait for others to confront me instead of me taking the initiative to talk. Even in high school I did not have that many friends and the ones I still talk to today are both good friends I have known since middle school. For me it has become much harder to make friends now that I have become older. A lack of confidence can do you no good either.

Whether it be in RL or online. 

Edited by Ticking Timebomb
  • Brohoof 1

I always find the way that I make friends is "odd" to some people. Usually through a lot of debate and heated discussions. I think it's great when people say "Hey you" for me it's usually "God damn it... It's him again..." I find it oddly amusing, mostly because I have a strange sense of humor I suppose.

No, not at first.

I mean, I wasn't lacking confidence, that's for sure; I actually don't post any different now than I did back in my days as a little 'ol Cupcake. 

I know that I had 19 brohoofs when I hit Parasprite ranking, though :( Almost everything I said was ignored, man.

All of a sudden, I got hit out of nowhere with this whole barrage of profile views and brohoofs and shit last month. Working on page #2 of friends as we speak. Do I know what created it? No, not at all. I just know that I hung around, wasn't afraid to talk to people and didn't get discouraged, and boom, after a little less than 3 months, here I am, 1600 something brohoofs and 16,000 something profile views. 

I just wasn't afraid to talk to anyone, and I didn't care who my friends were, whether they be someone extremely popular or someone who used the site all of one day, I treat people like they're on my level. Sappy sounding bullshit, I know, but hey, it's true :D 

Just don't be afraid to talk to people and go out there and dive right in to the community :D Best advice I can give.

• Brohoof 1

Well i don't have any friends on the forums (besides a few random people who added me but never talk to me or anything)... but I guess thats ok.  Maybe I just haven't been on the forums long enough

Edited by theneonbandit

I'm pretty new here so currently the only friends I have are people who are doing commissions for me and people who are doing requests. I'm sure I'll find a nice group to chat with soon though. :D

Eh, well I consider everyone around here to be a friend (not to mention I have plenty of friends on my friends list), but if we're talking 'actual' friends ... no not really. Even now I have trouble making friends, I mean it's not like I'm an unlikable/unfriendly person or anything, I'm just too shy to talk to people, and when they try to start a convo me, I have trouble keeping up the conversation for longer than the first post or two ...

There are some people around here whom I consider 'actual friends', but I never really talk to them either. :(

It is easier to do so on the forums though, than it is in real life, so that's a plus. :D

I haven't really tried all that hard to make any friends on the forums, so I can't really comment. I've only made one actual friend on the forums. I've tried to pm people before, but it usually fails.

Everybody here gets along for the most part, and we all have a lot of the same interests which makes it better. So in a way we're all friends. Close friends? Not necessarily, but we all get along and have what I'd like to think is a good time together.

On a fandom forum such as this, I find that I don't feel alone. We're all bronies here, and we can all nerd about about the show in a way that if we did in public we'd probably get weird looks from people. We can be ourselves here more than in real life, and I'd like to that that gives us all a special bond. Like, a weird form of friendship. :)