Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst kids show, in your humble opinion?

yayayayayala

I'm normally guilty of knocking things I haven't tried, but as a lifelong Thomas the Tank Engine fan I can definitively say that after the HiT Entertainment takeover it went from being one of the best-written shows for kids to being severely dumbed down to the point that Sodor Island Forums (that show's equivalent of Equestria Daily) labeled Season 15 some of the worst writing on children's television, period.

I also nominate SpongeBob for going through a similar decline of quality, and everything on that damned Qubo channel, and Dora the Explorer and all of its imitators for being just plain dumb, slow-paced, and using that "Fake Interactivity" trope that I honestly think the ubiquity of video games, online games, and mobile games should've killed off.

An honorable mention goes to Salty's Lighthouse for being a poor Shining Time Station ripoff and dumbing down TUGS, because TUGS is apparently too strong for American kids.

Edited by WindChaserPegasus
  • Brohoof 3

cartoon network's The Problem Solverz

img-2396937-1-53_screen-shot-2012-01-22-

why is this an eyesore to me :eww:

I'm sorry that looks like someone crapped on a tablet with Microsoft Paint pulled up and said, "deeeeer isss DUN!"

cartoon network's The Problem Solverz

Oh dear god that piece of crap is still on? I thought it got canned, assuming it is still on I think it is a toss up between that Uncle Grandpa and Annoying Orange (they sure are right about the annoying part).

I'm sorry that looks like someone crapped on a tablet with Microsoft Paint pulled up and said, "deeeeer isss DUN!"

That was the best picture I could find, I shit you not I tried to find a good pic.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a few :

Uncle Grandpa : I don't get why some people like this show. It's honestly the most non-sensical and insulting show I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

Johnny Test : basically just a poor man's version of Dexter's Lab. Except it lacks the clever humour and relatable characters.

Every show from the Ben 10 franchise : never got into this one. Even the original series didn't particularily impress me. I preferred Teen Titans.

Wayside : terrible adaptation of an excellent book series.

Hannah Montana : the sole reason why Disney Channel went downhill.

Problem Solverz/Secret Mountain Fort Awesme : Ugly art style, unlikeable characters, terrible writing, idiotic plots and uninteristing premise. No wonder they barely survived a season.

All of Cartoon Network's live action shows : the channel is called CARTOON network for pete's sake!

Almost Naked Animals : another reason why Cartoon Network should stop importing Canadian shows.

Littlest Pet Shop : I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this one, but I see nothing special about this show. The humour is bland and the characters look..... disturbing.

Modern Spongebob : show was once great, now it's incredibly mean spirited and boring.

Sanjay and Craig/Breadwinners : proof that Nick's getting more and more desperate.

Mr Meaty : this one disturbs me on a deep level.

Every show from Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr : I know they're meant for preschoolers,but did they HAVE to make them so friggin stupid?!

Fish Hooks : think every single one of Disney's animated shows are great? Think again!

Fanboy and Chumchum : the show that made Nick my least favorite kid's channel.

The Annoying Orange : title says it all.

Fred the Show : Why Nick?! Why did you give this crackpot his own show?! WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Legends of Chima : barely captured my interest.

That's all I can think of.

Edited by PerrySlanter9090
  • Brohoof 3

I got a few :

Uncle Grandpa : I don't get why some people like this show. It's honestly the most non-sensical and insulting show I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

Johnny Test : basically just a poor man's version of Dexter's Lab. Except it lacks the clever humour and relatable characters.

Every show from the Ben 10 franchise : never got into this one. Even the original series didn't particularily impress me. I preferred Teen Titans.

Problem Solverz/Secret Mountain Fort Awesme : Ugly art style, unlikeable characters, terrible writing, idiotic plots and uninteristing premise. No wonder they barely survived a season.

All of Cartoon Network's live action shows : the channel is called CARTOON network for pete's sake!

Almost Naked Animals : another reason why Cartoon Network should stop importing Canadian shows.

Littlest Pet Shop : I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this one, but I see nothing special about this show. The humour is bland and the characters look..... disturbing.

Modern Spongebob : show was once great, now it's incredibly mean spirited and boring.

Sanjay and Craig/Breadwinners : proof that Nick's getting more and more desperate.

Every show from Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr : I know they're meant for preschoolers,but did they HAVE to make them so friggin stupid?!

Fish Hooks : think every single one of Disney's animated shows are great? Think again!

Fred the Show : Why Nick?! Why did you give this crackpot his own show?! WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

I got a few :

Don't even make me think about Sangay and Crap oh sorry that's not it's name. And I saw one episode of Breadwinners, Twerking ducks, really Nick that's the best you can do?

Mega Babies -shivers- That show is so, so disturbing... It was all about, mucus, extreme boogers, constipation, violence and general 'WFT am I watching'

Edited by Sunset Haste

This show

the ponies are all too sexy. It'll give kids the wrong idea

I think that you're confusing kids with the older audiences that perceive it as such. Little kids are physiologically incapable of sexual lust like that.

Considering male viewers outweigh female viewers nearly 4:1 and the average viewing age is nineteen–which so happens to be a male's sexual prime–there are going to be those who take certain aspects of this show in a vulgar manner.

Edited by Asterian Starfall
  • Brohoof 1

Wow even the theme song of that show is obnoxious.

I guess but i've never really minded the show, I won't say it the best show on Nick but i don't find it the wrost

I just like how cheerful it is :P

Edited by Codelyoko373

I guess but i've never really minded the show, I won't say it the best show on Nick but i don't find it the wrost

Well I think this show is bad, once you see Breadwinners, you'll want to see this show.

Don't even make me think about Sangay and Crap oh sorry that's not it's name. And I saw one episode of Breadwinners, Twerking ducks, really Nick that's the best you can do?

They're both pretty much on par with with Modern Spongebob when it comes to their stupidity.

It could've been a mediocre show if the characters weren't so damn annoying. Also, the theme song..... My God is it horrendous! :eww:

Edited by PerrySlanter9090
  • Brohoof 3

I actually used to like them...if that is weird?

I used to love Xiaolin Showdown, but then when I went back to watch it now... ugh the writing and humor is very... childish and cheesy. I guess that's why I loved it as a kid, but now I can't stand it. 

• Brohoof 1

Lots of Disney, Nick, and Cartoon Network shows today are garbage. Literally, I can only think of one program from each of those channels that I enjoy. But a few I hate with a passion? Austin & Ally, A.N.T Farm, Sanjay & Craig, and Sam & Cat (the awful spawn of two fairly decent shows) should do. Stretching the definition of kid to legal minors, I no longer like Degrassi: The Next Generation. The plotlines started to repeat and get kind of dull somewhere around Seasons 10 and 11. 

• Brohoof 4

Maybe

TEEN TITANS IS AWESOME! That was my childhood. Playing in the backyard with my brother and neighbors. I was always Starfire. You know.. I have a TT RP going on...

It was a good show

Why did they have to ruin it with that new teen titans GO!!!