Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

First of all I am one of those persons that is like Pinkie Pie when I am with really close friends, but I am usually shy. 

Same here.  I am totally Pinkie Pie with my friends, but Fluttershy around strangers.  And I have some Twilight Sparkle mixed in. 

My favorite main character would be Twilight Sparkle. She and I are both bookworms, bent on studying to be successful. Plus, we like to learn lessons about life and value our friends. My favorite secondary character would be Princess Celestia. Just the way she conducts herself as a princess attracts me to her. 

• Brohoof 2

Trixie, I fell she's well developed and well.... Have you seen some of the fanart?

*silent daws*

Also, Magical Duel, the episode Trixie returns, is one of my favorite episodes plotwise. So that helps... Maybe.

This is a toughie....Right now, Pinkie is my favorite...mainly because I recently got a Build a bear Pinkie Pie and she is too cute for words wub.png .  However, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are also up there, and depending on my mood, one of the three are my favorite at any given time, if that makes any sense.

• Brohoof 5

For me Applejack is best pony.  For a while it was very hard to decide, as all of the Mane 6 had either something I could relate to, or something that I just really enjoyed about them

- Twilight and her studious nature and bookishness

- Rainbow Dash and her ability to control weather and overall humorous attitude

- Fluttershy and her timidness around new people, which I can relate to

- Pinkie Pie and her randomness.  I love random comedy.

- Rarity and her hilariously sudden mood changes and her dramatic over-the-top nature

But I found myself just really pulled to Applejack in the end.  I think it is her overall personality, her willingness to always put others before herself, and her strong yet caring nature.  I can relate to a lot about her in my personality, and I really find the southern accent and mannerisms cute.  Not to mention she has some of my favorite faces, and the little hoof-kick-cross thing gets me every time.

I later realized that since I was like 7, my favorite cheese that I always had at my grandmas growing up was "Applejack" cheese, and my favorite color is Orange.  Dunno if that subconsciously helped me choose, which I find hilarious, but I have enough other reasons to justify my choice.  wink.png

As for reoccurring characters, I picked all the Cutie Mark Crusaders.  All of them have such great personalities that play off each other, give great dialogue,and have great expressions.  A lot of this is just due to their very talented voice actors.

And finally favorite BG ponies go to Colgate (Minutte) and Bon Bon.  I just really like the design and color scheme of them both, and find Colgate's fan-cannon to be amusing.  Plus, I love how Bon Bon pretty much has a different voice every time she speaks.  I hope they keep doing this on purpose--it's just funny. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 5

Rarity's my favorite (no duh). She's been my favorite ever since I matched her taking the quiz.

The CMC are so cute, I simply can't leave them alone! As for Luna and Celestia, there's just something about them I can't ignore.

But Derpy is just plain awesome. I can't help but notice that she got the most votes!

• Brohoof 3

Top 8 Reasons Why Rarity Is Favorite Pony.

1. Tabitha St. Germain is excellent. Perfect line delivery everytime. And dat accent, imma right.

2. You have to admire her work ethic and talent. That mare can sew.

3. She's hilarious. Probably the most consistently funny of the Mane 6. Yes, that includes Pinkie.

4. She's the only one who knows kung fu.

5. She's pretty as all get out. I genuinely like her mane, even if it is a pain to draw.

6. Nice blend of positive and negative qualities.

7. She has the most consistently excellent solo episodes and songs.

8. Coming from a guy with OCD, little siblings, and low tolerance for people who refuse to see my perspective, I feel her annoyance.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 6

Top 8 Reasons Why Rarity Is Favorite Pony.

1. Tabitha St. Germain is excellent. Perfect line delivery everytime. And dat accent, imma right.

2. You have to admire her work ethic and talent. That mare can sew.

3. She's hilarious. Probably the most consistently funny of the Mane 6. Yes, that includes Pinkie.

4. She's the only one who knows kung fu.

5. She's pretty as all get out. I genuinely like her mane, even if it is a pain to draw.

6. Nice blend of positive and negative qualities.

7. She has the most consistently excellent solo episodes and songs.

8. Coming from a guy with OCD, little siblings, and low tolerance for people who refuse to see my perspective, I feel her annoyance.

I'm with you, bro. I can relate to her as well!

My personal motto is "Everything Must Look Perfect". Often my family is yelling at me that it doesn't have to be perfect.

They just don't understand.

• Brohoof 2

Favorite main: Fluttershy. Pinkie makes second.

Secondary: I like all CMCs, and PCelestia for top. PLuna, BMac, and Trixie are secondary.

Tertiary: Minuette!... Oh, and also P0N3, Derpy, and Whooves (separately, not saying that as a pair) are secondary.

Who the hay is Chunky by the way?

Edited by Xiron

My favorite would be Fluttershy. She is adorable, funny, and I love her personality. I can relate to me and she is a lot like me in many ways. Looking at her is basically like looking in a mirror. 

Fave main: It was close between Rainbow and Fluttershy but Fluttershy is so cute plus the most like me so I went with Fluttershy.

Fave Secondary Character: I choose scootaloo

Fave tertiary background character: I choose Depry

After Fluttershy though my fave of all time is:

ZECORA!wub.png

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash, Princess Luna, and the CMC. As I thought, they are the most popular, glad so many people share my opinions about their awesomeness!

Edited by Guest

My two faves are Fluttershy and Rainbow dash. I say that Fluttershy shined in season 1, (and in the end of s2) while RD was a bit jaded for most of the first season but was absolutely epic in s2 (So much love for her reading the book, nodding to bronies, and being epic in general).

Although fluttershy is still my number one... RD is a close second!

Here are some cute pictures!

post-14701-0-32248400-1366863932.jpg

post-14701-0-09438800-1366863937.jpg

post-14701-0-94648400-1366863943_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I love Ditzy Doo and Doctor Whooves.

Source: http://moostargazer.deviantart.com/art/Kiss-me-Time-lord-320822655

kiss_me_time_lord_by_kelmar2593-d5b0ccf.

I read a fan-made comic of them too.

Source: http://moostargazer.deviantart.com/art/You-need-a-Doctor-292945819

you_need_a_doctor_by_balddumborat-d4ueuf

Anyway, I don't know who made them cry in the following fan art.

Source: http://moostargazer.deviantart.com/art/ITS-DITZY-DOO-318451040

its_ditzy_doo____by_kelmar2593-d59lie8.j

• Brohoof 1

Okay, here is who my favorite Mane 6 pony is...  It would be Twilight Sparkle.  I often find myself the bookworm/smart one in my office with my co-workers.  Sometimes, when one of my superiors was having a problem with a science question, I helped her find the solution and her teacher graded it well with the exception of penmanship...  Anyways, I see more of myself through her than the others because I have found that I love school and learning new things, even though I am a bit of a procrastinator like Rainbow Dash.happy.png

My favorite reoccurring pony would have to be AppleBloom because I love her personality, the VA that voices her and does her singing voice along with Sweetie Belle's singing voice.  I like her mostly because she always strives to try and grow up faster than life is letting her by trying so hard to get her Cutie Mark, even going so far as getting the Cutie Pox.  She is one of my favorite Apples. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

My favorite secondary character...  Hmmmmm,..  I would have to say Derpy Hooves.  She seemed to get more involved in the show and I just couldn't help but laugh and feel sorry for her at the same time in Double Rainboom.derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

Derpy Hooves is the best and everyone knows that. derpy_emoticon1.png derpy_emoticon2.png

And I like Sweetie Belle, her singing is amazing or should I say Appleboom's singing is amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Kinda close between Rainbow Dash and Twilight for first place here. Rainbow Dash is still my favourite though.

As for secondary and background, I like Scoots and Lyra. Blame SS&E.