Kodiak

Oh no no no no. I mean, Magical Mystery Cure would be bad enough as an introduction, but...

1. Spoils alicorn Twilight.

2. Spoils entire Rainbow Power arc.

3. Spoils Spike saving the Crystal Empire.

4. Spoils Discord being reformed. 

5. Spoils random Cerberus in It's About Time.

6. The fact that Twilight's home is destroyed is supposed to be shocking.

7. Kind of spoils Castle Mane-ia with them casually offering to visit the Castle of the Two Sisters.

He never said his friend cares about spoilers.

Still,he could use Party of One or Lesson Zero tho i guess if his friend cares about spoilers that much. :)

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

If he likes Metal Gear Solid, maybe It's About Time? Many fans love it for it's references.

Or Lesson Zero is good too.

Oh no no no no. I mean, Magical Mystery Cure would be bad enough as an introduction, but...

1. Spoils alicorn Twilight.

2. Spoils entire Rainbow Power arc.

3. Spoils Spike saving the Crystal Empire.

4. Spoils Discord being reformed. 

5. Spoils random Cerberus in It's About Time.

6. The fact that Twilight's home is destroyed is supposed to be shocking.

7. Kind of spoils Castle Mane-ia with them casually offering to visit the Castle of the Two Sisters.

I agree with this.

• Brohoof 2

img-24134-1-img-24134-1-Sscj1oz.png

If he likes Metal Gear Solid, maybe It's About Time? Many fans love it for it's references.

Or Lesson Zero is good too.

I agree with this.

Thanks Dean, good idea! I will show him that one.

Kanye_West1.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________

STEAM | YouTube

Embrace your enemies hate, Live in it, Become it.

When their and your time has come, you will have the strength to endure it.

I continue to fail to see why Twilight Kingdom is a issue when his friend is clearly only going to watch because of a bet. :muffins:

If he was concerned about 'spoilers' he would've stated such. 

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

Hello, . There was already a topic in existence for discussing what episode is best to use to introduce people to the show, so I have merged your topic into it. 

Please make sure to search the forums before posting a new topic to ensure that it doesn't already exist.

Thanks!

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

The reasons you listed below are all very true, but I have to say that MMC was my introduction to the show and I still think it was the best possible way to be introduced. It remains my favorite episode today and sets the standard for a MLP episode in my mind.

sig-15615.Ui65By7.png

Hello, . There was already a topic in existence for discussing what episode is best to use to introduce people to the show, so I have merged your topic into it. 

Please make sure to search the forums before posting a new topic to ensure that it doesn't already exist.

Thanks!

Ah, Thanks Buddy! Sorry 'bout the hassle.

• Brohoof 1

Kanye_West1.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________

STEAM | YouTube

Thanks!

Also I gotta applaud how fast you guys reacted to it. Thumbs up! Good to see this place is being kept up to a high standard.

• Brohoof 1

Kanye_West1.png

STEAM | YouTube

You might ruin them (somewhat) for the rest of the season lol, but either "Sonic Rainboom" or "Party of One."  When I originally watched the first two episodes, MLP didn't really take.  Months passed before I joined these forums and got the push I needed to give the show an earnest try.  I was willing to sit through the entire first season once I'd purchased the DVD set, but it was something I decided to do / wanted to do at that point.  And both the episodes I mentioned helped me towards appreciating the first season as a whole.  So I'd throw my personal season one favorites at a potential viewer.

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

• 4 weeks later...

You may even try going through the back door. 

Roleplayers and comic lovers might like Friendship is Dragons. 

Music lovers a fan song here or there.  [My roommate is a Bassist might get some reactions]

As we all know, there are plenty of episodes to chose from. The real question is, what is this person like?

If they're the kind of person who demand action for attention, why not one of the finales? Especially the fight in Twilight's Kingdom.

If they're the kind of person who is kind of OCD like, and needs to watch episodes in order, why not try Friendship is Magic?

If you think they would need something funny, plot not being a major concern, there's plenty of choices for that too.

This being said, also take into consideration what kind of pony they would relate to the most. We all have more than likely chosen our favorite ponies, if any, based on how we can relate to them, or what we would prefer to see in a future mate, perhaps.

If this person seems like they would be a Twilight fan, why not an episode such as Lesson ZeroA Royal Canterlot Wedding, or maybe even Magical Mystery Cure? (Just a few examples!)

If a Rarity fan, you would have choices like Rarity Takes Manehatten, or A Dog and Pony Show.

Just things like that. In my opinion, to accurately choose what episode to show said person to gain their entry to the herd, first know what the person likes and such.

Just a little advice, best wishes on your herd recruiting! ^^

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-57732400-1422393202.png

• 11 months later...

My friend, who happens to be a girl, has agreed to watch a MLP marathon with me. She has already watched the pilot and wasn't very impressed (she said predictable and stuff). I kinda want her to like the series, so I'm asking you which episodes we should watch. I have already decided to show her Lesson Zero and Pinkie Pride. I can choose from any episode from seasons 1 & 2 and season 4 episodes 3 - 12. What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

i started on "putting your hoof down" ... and that's the episode that got me into the show... so.. maybe try that?

or.... hm... maybe try bridle gossip...

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 1

post-15132-0-19586800-1427239759.jpg

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat

Whats the name of the ep when they first meet Zecora? That one may be a little too silly for her... But it is one of my favorites.

Also, any Discord ep.

• Brohoof 1

A always suggest starting at the beginning and working your way through the whole thing.

Some of the episodes would loose a little of their wow factor if watched without prior knowledge of the character's personalities. If you didn't know a thing about Twilight, much of Lesson Zero's wackiness would be lost on you. The same could be said about Party of One.       

• Brohoof 4

rtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtj.png

Whats the name of the ep when they first meet Zecora? That one may be a little too silly for her... But it is one of my favorites.

Also, any Discord ep.

i started on "putting your hoof down" ... and that's the episode that got me into the show... so.. maybe try that?

or.... hm... maybe try bridle gossip...

I probably should have mentioned, that I m from Germany and she doesn't understand english, so we have to go with the german version. So no Bridle Gossip.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I probably should have mentioned, that I m from Germany and she doesn't understand english, so we have to go with the german version. So no Bridle Gossip.

there isn't a german version of bridle gossip..? ... that's.... weird... 

Edited by KrazyDashie

post-15132-0-19586800-1427239759.jpg

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat