Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can Ponies play Kick-Ball?

Sholem Itzhak

I recently had a thought: Could Ponies play Kick-Ball?

Many of you likely remember playing Kick Ball in elementary school: It's basically the same as baseball, instead the ball is a larger kickable ball that is rolled to you (instead of pitched), and you kick it while running toward it (instead hitting it with a bat).

While I can imagine Ponies kicking a ball while standing in place, I can also imagine a Pony tripping and falling while trying to kick a ball while running toward it.

Perhaps they'd have their own Pony version of the sport, "Buck-Ball". :lol: I could see Applejack bucking a ball so hard that it would fly over cloudsdale. :huh:

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Hello, @Sholem Itzhak. I moved your topic from Sugarcube Corner to Show Discussion, as it deals with speculation regarding the Friendship is Magic show. Sugarcube Corner is the place to discuss pony-related things such as the fandom, that do not directly involve Friendship is Magic.

I don't know whether or not they could play kick-ball in the same manner humans can, but I think your buck-ball idea makes sense.
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, but could she walk like that?

Probably not, but she'd be on 3 legs in a game of kick ball, not 2.

I'm just saying that the Applejack seems to be pretty balanced, and assuming it'd be similar for the others.

Yes, but could she walk like that?

Yes, it's called 'pacing' in horses, a two-beat gait where one side moves in unison. There's also various four-beat gaits similar to pacing, but the hooves hit the ground at slightly different times: Racking, and Tolting.

(edited)

Hello, @Sholem Itzhak. I moved your topic from Sugarcube Corner to Show Discussion, as it deals with speculation regarding the Friendship is Magic show. Sugarcube Corner is the place to discuss pony-related things such as the fandom, that do not directly involve Friendship is Magic.

I don't know whether or not they could play kick-ball in the same manner humans can, but I think your buck-ball idea makes sense.

Whoops. Sorry I put this topic in the wrong place. Thank you for participating in it! ;)

Edited by Sholem Itzhak

Well...

I mean, yeah.

Kicking a ball only takes 1 leg.

The ponies have 4.

We only have 2.

They're twice as fit for the game as we are, lol.

• Brohoof 2

Well...

I mean, yeah.

The ponies have 4.

We only have 2.

Can't argue with that logic!

• Brohoof 1

Well...

I mean, yeah.

The ponies have 4.

We only have 2.

Yes, it only takes one leg; but try getting on all fours and "kicking" a ball with one of your arms while using your other arm and legs to keep you moving without falling down. Not so easy is it.

Yes, it only takes one leg; but try getting on all fours and "kicking" a ball with one of your arms while using your other arm and legs to keep you moving without falling down. Not so easy is it.

Are we talking about ponies or humans?

Because I would think it would be easy for a pony to kick a ball. ^^"

When we kick a ball, we have 1 leg to rely on.

When ponies kick one, they would have 3.

I dunno, just makes more sense to me. ^^"

• Brohoof 1

Well...

I mean, yeah.

The ponies have 4.

We only have 2.

Can't argue with that logic!

can't argue with two ponies that share the same fashion sense!

(edited)

Are we talking about ponies or humans?

Because I would think it would be easy for a pony to kick a ball. ^^"

When we kick a ball, we have 1 leg to rely on.

When ponies kick one, they would have 3.

I dunno, just makes more sense to me. ^^"

I don't know; have you seen a Horse walking on only 3 legs without falling? I haven't seen a horse walk with 3 legs at all; I don't know if it would fall though.

Edited by Sholem Itzhak

I don't know; have you seen a Horse walking on only 3 legs without falling? I haven't seen a horse walk with 3 legs at all; I don't know if it would fall though.

You're beginning to confuse me xD

If we're talking about our ponies, they're obviously smarter than just ordinary ponies.

I don't think 3 legs would be hard at all for them to manage on.

Pegasi can fly, by the way. (Legs not required)

Since in some scenes, they'll be using one of their hooves to do hand motions and such like humans do.

Twilight Sparkle was a human once, too. (Experience on only 2 legs)

• Brohoof 1

You're beginning to confuse me xD

If we're talking about our ponies, they're obviously smarter than just ordinary ponies.

I don't think 3 legs would be hard at all for them to manage on.

Pegasi can fly, by the way. (Legs not required)

Since in some scenes, they'll be using one of their hooves to do hand motions and such like humans do.

Twilight Sparkle was a human once, too. (Experience on only 2 legs)

Ok, you make a good point about Pegasi, but if flying wouldn't be allowed in a game of Kick-Ball?

These Ponies might be like you and me, but Lauren Faust wanted them to be as close to real Ponies as possible (and I beleive that would also include what would happen when trying to walk on 3 legs).

And, show me one scene where a Pony is using her Hoof for "Hand Motions" while walking at the same time.

Ok, you make a good point about Pegasi, but if flying wouldn't be allowed in a game of Kick-Ball?

These Ponies might be like you and me, but Lauren Faust wanted them to be as close to real Ponies as possible (and I beleive that would also include what would happen when trying to walk on 3 legs).

And, show me one scene where a Pony is using her Hoof for "Hand Motions" while walking at the same time.

As long as you kick the ball, I don't think there would be a problem.

Now, I didn't say "while walking", did I? ^^

• Brohoof 1

Probably not, but she'd be on 3 legs in a game of kick ball, not 2.

I'm just saying that the Applejack seems to be pretty balanced, and assuming it'd be similar for the others.

I didn't say she'd be on 2 legs.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

Thought I forgot about this, didn't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ash--9kuiO8

They appear to be on their 2 back legs, while doing something with their front legs. Also, some walk with 3 legs while using 1 to do something else.

Edited by Adorkable