How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

Age doesn't count as long as you want to be a brony and enjoy MLP then your a brony. I know that some people though still treat any 

younger people differently or so ,but me personally that doesn't matter.

What everyone else has said.

Also, I think that Bronydom has grown into something more than simply "unconventional fans."  There's a lot of folks 'round these parts that don't really watch or even like the show that much, but they love the fan-made stuff, and they consider themselves part of the Brony community because they love the idea and want to show their support.  Likewise, there are some "unconventional fans" that choose not to identify as part of the community for one reason or another.  This community is about sharing the message that it's okay to like whatever you want to like, that things should have to be "gender specific," and that target demographics are largely meaningless.  I say that if someone supports this message and what wants to be part of the group, then go for it.  If you want to be a Brony, then Brony on.

no first you need to pass a lot of tests that have nothing to do with my little pony, then you need to spend a night in the Everfree forest with only a lantern and tinderbox next you need to find a specific book in the ruins of the old castle once you do that...... ah screw it welcome aboard

now to be serious there is no age requirement to become one of us the definition of brony is male who likes my little pony

You can be a brony.

But, i feel as if because of your age, please stay away from the adult side of the fandom, corrupted side etc There are reasons for why i think you should stay on the good side because of age.

But at 13, you can be if u want to be a brony. That is completely up to you. Just take my advice.

Yo @Dark Fox, and @Suprly:

There was already a topic in existence for discussing people's perceptions regarding how old someone should be in order to be classified as a brony, so I have merged your topics into it.

Please make sure to search the forums before posting a new topic to ensure that it doesn't already exist.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I think for me personally, my definition is roughly, teens (i.e. 13) and up.  i.e. the sort of age where you start to rebel a bit, where you're into something that is "meant" for someone younger than yourself but are refusing to "grow up" about this thing, and where you're starting to develop the individuality and personality that you'll be taking into adulthood.  Or like me, you're already an adult.

This also helps to retain a separate definition when talking about situations like say if you've been to the cinema and "I saw several girls and their parents, a few boys, and a row of Bronies at the back".  You just sort of know who is considering themselves to be "along for the ride" so to speak.

However, everyone is welcome to call themselves one or call their kids one!   We're a welcoming community, and if a parent is comfortable with their 6 year old girl identifying with that label, knowing that it's generally considered to be mixed gender and mostly older folks, then I see no harm in it.

This is not taking into account fans who don't like the Brony label.  But presumably we're talking about "the community that generally, to make it easy to identify them, calls themselves Bronies" rather than getting into semantics :)

Edited by Lakes Geek