Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What should be the final season for FiM?

Wardaddy

Well, now that we know Season 5 has been confirmed, there's no possible end to the show in sight, so a question popped into my head "What should be the proper final season for FiM?"

That is a question I will leave to you, the bronies, who wish as I do that MLP does not suffer the same fate as Spongebob or the Simpsons. What season of FiM, do you think, should be the last?

Hmmm how many seasons does The Simpsons have yeah thats my answer. 

26 seasons? xD

As long as it's still good, it can go on, and go on...

• Brohoof 1

Thinking about it, I thinking it's almost impossible. Reason is that the base of the show is about friendship and more I like think about it, I don't think friendship lesson could surpass >500 completely different lessons (26x26 =676-13= 663), or can we?

Honestly would like to see MLP surpass The Simpsons, it has the potential to be "a classic". I just hope the writing can stay fresh, I don't anticipate it becoming boring. I just hope they don't start cutting corners due to it's current success. If they see the long haul potential we can expect quality MLP for many many years to come imo. 

I don't think it particularly matters what happens in the final season so long as certain issues are resolved. Like the Cutie Mark Crusaders either getting their cutie marks or at least giving us enough hints as to what they would be that we can figure it out for ourselves without needing an explicit ending.

10 at most. If you take it past 10 without solving all world issues and ending world hunger (I mean, 5 season in and the main character is already a princess with her own kingdom), so if they make it past 10-12 season and are still using the same cast, then it really does kill the suspension of disbelief, and just makes your characters look useless.

I just want all loose ends tied up

any and all questions answerd

What's the fun in answering all questions when you can leave room for conjecture? That isn't to say leaving things way out there and totally unexplained but it's great for the fans to continue talking about it long after it's over. ;)

What's the fun in answering all questions when you can leave room for conjecture? That isn't to say leaving things way out there and totally unexplained but it's great for the fans to continue talking about it long after it's over. ;)

well answer questions like the CMC's marks, and maybe leave some new questions

26 seasons? xD

As long as it's still good, it can go on, and go on...

Oh......it would be great if FIM, goes up there, :D

• Brohoof 1

All the villains unite and form a pony version of the Legion Of Doom and attempt one final, glorious coup de tat on Equestria.

That's my final episode...

They can continue it as long as it's still good and doesn't get fat and lazy off o profits like The Simpsons

Edited by Dattebayo

When the world ends the show will end. That is final. No literally Hasbro would not be in their right mind if they threw away Gen 4 and all the Bronies and Pegasisters. 

Oh and the final battle must be epic. I was in-visioning Twilight, face to face with a mash-up of all the villains, with the fate of Eqestria resting on her shoulders....

I think the show can end whenever it feels like its the right time... I would personally rather have it not end for a looong time (just like the Simpsons), as long as it stays GOOD. That's the main issue here. Either that, or I would like to see a new generation once this one is done for sure... although I would much rather have this one last a long time (if not forever), as it is so perfect already, and I don't know what they would do with the next gen (if they decided to make it).

So yeah, if they decide to keep this one running forever, then that's great... but if they end it after (I would say ten seasons would be good) then I would be fine with it, as long as they fixed the loose ends of the show and began a new gen (that was the same quality as this one, or even better [if that is possible]).

• Brohoof 1

If it lasts until season 26, I'd love for new ponies to replace the mane six when their stories are finished, and they have a happy ending. It'd be sad to see them go, but if the mane six stayed for 26 seasons, it may become repititve or boring...

But I would also like that the mane six maybe cameo once in a while? Or they're mentioned sometimes. :)

• Brohoof 1

It will continue until the extinction of the human race, and surviving refugee humans may continue it in another planet with probably intelligent horses living there... :lol:

Why does that make me think of "Martian Successor Nadesico"?

(I wonder if anyone else will get this rather stretched reference? Let's Go, Gekiganger 3! )

I'd give season 7 or 8 tops. As long as the show is good and making profits Hasbro wouldn't even care.

I do want to see all of the loose ends tied up, all of the regions explored, more villains/baddies to ruin everyone's day, the cutiemark crusaders finally getting their cutiemarks, and most importantly... world building.

Also I ask, why a happy ending? A bad ending would mean the cast would make another show in order to make it a good ending for everyone. I like that.

I also hope gen 5 has more plot building, character building and world building in general...like more story elements.

The obvious answer is when the show is loosing its charm, and I'd say I am enjoying the new episodes alot, so its not going down just yet.

To be interesting, they need plot twists and changes to the world and charcters.

Edited by Tabe