S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This, I found, was my least favorite special. It didn't do the stuff from Seasons 1-3. It focused mainly on one character, which is not what the show is about. All in all, if they'd had a little more friendship involvement (don't get me wrong, the 4th of July show at the end was spectacular), it would have improved my rating.

^ lol, we live in completely different worlds. I think this blew every other finale out of the water.

EDIT:
Okay, after re-watching Canterlot Wedding for the first time in over a year, I officially re-affirm it as my all-time favourite finale.
If Disney was the company making MLP, Canterlot Wedding would fit right in if they released it as a movie.

Edited by Luffyiscool
  • Brohoof 1

It was awful... awfully awesome
I MEAN: TWILIGHT FIGHTING?!
AND AN EPIC FIGHT LIKE THAT?!

oh my pony I can't breath, the single thought of that episode makes go a little bit insane every time I remember of it

I mean, we learn that Discord was reformed in the beginning, although he had his mischievous ways of having fun as seem in the blue flu episode.
But he actually helped an awful lot

And then, temptation kicks in.

The part that really disturbs me the most: if the centauro thing had not betrayed Discord, he would never have been defeated, which would mean the end of Equestria as we know and love.

I realize Discord regrets what he've done, but what if he didn't?

There was so much on the stake for this episode and I'm so glad it was so well made.

And I really like the rainbow 6-mane <3

The fight scene was absolutely one of the best I've seen in a while. They were clearly taking a lot of cues from Dragon Ball Z with it and it paid off in totally epic proportions. Clear DBZ influence with their new powers too (they all went Super Sayian, Dashy's mane was practically Goku-esque!)

I hope they give us another battle like this next season, who knows maybe the show will turn into a battle series  :lol: where they spend 3 episodes pointlessly discussing the battle and 1 episode actually fighting.

• Brohoof 1

Is it starting at the end of this year like the others or do we have to wait till next year?

It's scheduled for 2015, but there's a rumor it will start on November 2014.
  • Brohoof 1

i loved these episodes because the animation and also the story line choosing discord over princess twilight and transferring magic to twilight then twilight gets a kingdom with thrones for all her friends i great LOVED IT <3 <3 <3 5 stars

Badly written..?

Do you say that because you see her as a mary sue?
(Nice as can be, happily married, calm under pressure, very high magic stamina, alicorn princess, her own private empire, etc?)

Because otherwise.... I'm not seeing the problem.

Edited by Luffyiscool

I don't know what to think of this episode. Everything was phenomenal except Discord's idiotic betrayal, and that fight between Twi and Tirek. 

Firstly, it seems like the writers aren't of one mind in how they want to handle Discord. In one scene you've got Discord showing godlike wisdom and guidance by all but saying Twilight can unlock the chest by reading the Journal. Then in another scene you've got Discord falling into a transparent deception that anyone who possessed the godlike wisdom we saw in part 1 should never have fallen for. I wish they'd have had Discord be the one who was playing Tirek for a fool, not the other way around. He's either Q in Draconequues form, or he's a dopey jester, pick one because I don't like how it's working for him to be both.

Then there's that fight. This fight bugs the heck out of me. I signed up for adorable, endearing characters, and intelligent, witty, meaningful, heartwarming stories, and where any fighting is supposed to be inline with those qualities either ironically or in a limited capacity. What I didn't sign up for was an Avatar: TLA style big boss battle where Twilight's intentions were those of anger and retribution. Maybe I'm just really missing something here, but that fight didn't seem compatible with the show thus far. This show has never had a problem in the past with skipping fighting to go straight to the rainbow laser of death and friendship.

On the plus side were the 1st part, and that fantastic song at the end. Cut out Discord in part 2, and that fight, and you've got a perfect 10. 

What I didn't sign up for was an Avatar: TLA style big boss battle where Twilight's intentions were those of anger and retribution. Maybe I'm just really missing something here, but that fight didn't seem compatible with the show thus far. This show has never had a problem in the past with skipping fighting to go straight to the rainbow laser of death and friendship.

On the plus side were the 1st part, and that fantastic song at the end. Cut out Discord in part 2, and that fight, and you've got a perfect 10. 

I feel completely opposite.

That fight was one of the highlights of the whole series. It was pure awesome.

This show is evolving, becoming deeper and bolder as it goes along.

"This show has never had a problem in the past with skipping fighting to go straight to the rainbow laser of death and friendship"

Um... you DO realize that many many many fans have always COMPLAINED about that happening, right?

Deux Ex Machina laser every single time is boring and stale.

The fierce DBZ battle has rightfully been MUCH appreciated. 

Cutting out Discord and the fight makes it 10?

Try those things MAKING IT A TEN. :P

• Brohoof 1

I have a few things I think it is important to state about this finale:

1. That was not a Deus Ex Machina. The box was built up for most of the season.

2. The entire thing could have been a plan formed by Discord to obtain the final key of the box. 

3. The episode was not shallow. It was about a young soul trying to find her place in the world and discover who she really was. 

4. Celestia might have formed the plan while low on options and during a moment of complete desperation. 

5. The story made complete sense for the most part. Tommy Oliver would not know a good story if it bit him on the flank.

That is all. 

• Brohoof 3