S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's gonna be good.

If you have yet to see the Season 4 finale, I would recommend stepping lightly on the forums, that is if you'd like to avoid spoilers. ^^

I wonder if they won't use the "escaped from Tartarus" shtick again. We've had villains sealed in stone (Discord), restored to good (Nightmare), blown up to who knows where (Chrysalis), and completely destroyed (Sombra).

I mean, sealed away in the Greek equivalent of Hell is going to be difficult to top. Another villain might have escaped from there, possibly.

OR, they could just go straight to the final frontier for another villain, space. Alien eldritch horrors, anyone?

As hard as it will be to top, i think the 'escaped from tartarus' scenario was definitely a one-off thing.
They even threw in some believable continuity to make it work. (He escaped during the events of "It's About Time")

Though i guess there's always a chance the doggy could leave his post again XD

They could even play it for laughs.

>Mane six innocently playing or hanging out

>Cerberus tackles RD out of nowhere and starts licking her (to continue the trend from "Trade Ya")

>The penny drops and everyone's like "OHSHI-"
*cue intro*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In retrospect, knowing they were aware of Cerberus's post being left empty, i think the princesses should have made a prisoner headcount. Kind of an oversight on their part!

I think it can be explained if you suspend some disbelief and work with a specific circumstance.

Twilight was the one who took Cerberus back, right?

Right after, Spike received a "missing dog" flyer from Celestia.

Then he said something like "Guess the Princess doesn't know we found Cerberus yet."

So... what if Celestia thought "Looks like Twilight handled it, if anything was wrong we'd know about it by now." ?

It's a little irresponsible, but nobody's perfect. She could've made that one time mistake.

Edited by Luffyiscool

(edited)

So we have the Princess of the Sun, Princess of The Moon, Princess of Love and Princess of Friendship, wonder what else princesses could represent.

Need you even ask the question?

The Princess of MUFFINS!

princess_derpy_by_giantmosquito_d4dr6l4.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

It's impossible how Twilight Sparkle and the mane six together are rainbow powered to defeat Great Tirek, they're powered by the tree of harmony unlocks the secret. :D

post-11024-0-13892500-1402721927_thumb.png

Wait, but if this is true, then Tirek should know about Twilight being an alicorn princess, shouldn't he?

Picture from cheezburger.com in case anyone asks.

attachicon.gifcmt.png

Wait, but if this is true, then Tirek should know about Twilight being an alicorn princess, shouldn't he?

Picture from cheezburger.com in case anyone asks.

But maybe he isn't the pony of shadows.

There's just so much that they can do on a show of this nature. Maybe if the whole erasure wasn't as graphic as some of the DBZ deaths out there. But don't get me wrong, i'd love it if they destroyed every single molecule of Tirek with an oversized Rainbow Laser. Could do something along the lines of Sombra's death.

They shouldve destroyed tirek and vaporize him with the friendship rainbow spirt blast. Like goku ever spares his enemies lives excluding vegeta and piccolo

Actually, Goku frequently spares his enemies because he wants to fight them again in the future.
Also because of the whole "good guy shows he's truly the better person by saving the villain" trope.

He only has two official kills in DBZ. Yakon and Kid Buu.

After some brief hesitation, he was even willing to try sparing frieza.

So we have the Princess of the Sun, Princess of The Moon, Princess of Love and Princess of Friendship, wonder what else princesses could represent.

A princess of exposition songs maybe? That seams pretty princessy...  B)

This was a great finale! The Pony Ball Z magic fighting sequence was awesome and I can't wait to see more of Twilight's new castle next season. 

I really liked the chest plot point! It seemed like they forgot about it but for it to come back in an unexpected way in the finale was brilliant! All and all, this was just a great season! :D

Actually, Goku frequently spares his enemies because he wants to fight them again in the future.

Well, i have to admit you're on to something. Though about that trope - i guess it applies to Goku. Not so sure about Twilight. I find it hard to believe Twilight would feel the need to save Tirek as goal to prove the strength of her character (which was pretty much established long ago), given that Tirek was pure evil. He was a backstabbing, covetous, dishonest and loathsome adversary. I'm making assumptions here but i'm pretty sure he was meant to be portrayed as Twilight's polar opposite.

(edited)

I don't know, but it seems like the most legit foreshadowing possible for that episode.

After taking a closer look to the picture you posted, their cloaks are exactly the same. :blink: I guess you're right.

Or that's an animation error...

Edited by Blobulle

I'm honestly surprised at how well the quality of this show is holding up.  I thought for sure I'd be bored of it after just a couple seasons and the writing would go down the tube but it remains a nice character driven story.  Entertaining and funny.  And now we've got a bit of the knights of the round table of friendship vibe going on lol.

I stopped watching the show for a while and just watched the second half of season 4 that I missed and now I'm into the show again.

(edited)

this episode was fantasic. ABSOLUTELY fantastic. and you know what? so was this season (in case ya didnt know ninth doctor reference yes im a whovian)

LUNNNNNAAA SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS

1!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

princess of the muffins? 

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Edited by DoubleRainboom

I haven't seen the show in a while.. :c (at least I haven't had time for it)

I bet I'm missing a lot of good things on it? Just, don't spoil this episode for me :P

I think the poll is self-explanatory.