S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I was a bit worried going in, there had been some minor soft spoilers and worrying spoiler free reactions I had encountered but wow!

I really enjoyed it. I'd like to paraphrase (as I don't want to dig through hours of reviews to find the exact quote in order to get every teeny tiny word correct) an internet Star Trek reviewer named 'SFDebris'.

"Of course Voyager won't be assimilated by the Borg, just like, of course the Federation won't lose the Dominion War and be destroyed but a good story can make you doubt that the first time you watch it. A good story can make you forget about character shields, marketing and the fact that if the threat actually won that there would be no more show. A good story can make you believe that yes this very well could be the end, they could lose, they could die..."

When Shining Armor got drained by Tirek I lost my dang mind, I just went absolutely nuts and those watching with me just looked at me and chuckled but when Discord had HIS powers eaten the room went nuts! Even though obviously everything was going to turn out fine we so immersed in the episode that for that last 20 minutes we really believed that those characters were done for.

Fantastic job everyone who was involved in making that episode! Though I worry where you can go from here in season 5... 

• Brohoof 1

Lol, Mary Poppins and Patton. Discord will be discord i guess. 

On the bright side, I'm quite confident that any fears I may have had that the show might go downhill in Season Four have been permanently laid to rest, along with my concerns about how "Rainbow Power" might ruin everything. The cynic in me says that's one hell of a way to kick off a new toy line, while the fanboy in me says that's one hell of a way to kick off a new toy line. A nice double play on their part.

They did use rainbow power in G1, i guess it was only a matter of time then.

This is my new favorite season finale.

The battle sequence was AWESOME & the 2nd song at the end was pretty good.

I give it a 4.5/5

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

God I am tired...

(What to say about this episode what to say...)

It was good until the end... Lets say the part where Twilight Sparkle gives up her magic...

It felt kinda rushed and the necklece that Discord had from Tirek, did not felt earn when Discord handed it to Twilight.

I could go on and on of what should of happen... <---  Insert what should of happen here.

I liked the battle and the beginning...

Well I also like when Discord gave celestia those flowers... I know it was gag but still maybe....

Edited by ~Princess Luna~

This is my new favorite season finale.

The battle sequence was AWESOME & the 2nd song at the end was pretty good.

I give it a 4.5/5

What took off half a point, keeping it from a perfect 5.0?

I assume you're speaking of "Let the Rainbow Remind You"? :)

(edited)

I realize that nearly 90% of this community absolutely loves this episode, and I think that's awesome.  And I'm really conflicted about this, but I honestly just could not bring myself to love it.  I ended up voting "Meh, it was okay."

Why, after such an epic finale?

Because it wasn't a season finale.  It was a SERIES finale.  And knowing that it actually WASN'T the end of the show makes me really sad.  I wrote about it in a blog entry if you'd like to read: http://mlpforums.com/blog/1583/entry-11518-twilights-kingdom-conflict-and-disappointment/

Edited by Pixel Stick

Because it wasn't a season finale.  It was a SERIES finale.  And knowing that it actually WASN'T the end of the show makes me really sad.

I think I understand what you're trying to say, friend.

But do me a favor, would you?

Instead of looking at it as a "series" finale, try looking at it as the rest of us do, as a "season" finale, alright?

Now, with this image in your mind, think of how incredibly indescribable the actual series finale will be.

Does that make you feel better about it? :D (\

I'm sure the MLP team is saving all their best ideas for the finale! ^^

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think I understand what you're trying to say, friend.

But do me a favor, would you?

Instead of looking at it as a "series" finale, try looking at it as the rest of us do, as a "season" finale, alright?

Now, with this image in your mind, think of how incredibly indescribable the actual series finale will be.

Does that make you feel better about it? :D (\

I'm sure the MLP team is saving all their best ideas for the finale! ^^

No, it doesn't make me feel better. In my experience, something this epic is difficult to follow up, and I'm really afraid they're going to have to go so over the top to one-up this finale that there won't be any magic in it.

Maybe I really am in a tiny minority here, but I don't want to see this show jump the shark. I don't want to see it go to ridiculous extremes in an effort to keep its momentum. I don't want to see them set the bar so high that they can't possibly top it.

The next super-villain to come along is going to have to do even more than Tirek did. It won't be enough to just nearly destroy Equestria and subvert everyone and all but kill its leaders. Either the next villain has to cross a line that I'm sure this show doesn't want to cross (like actually killing someone), has to find some incredibly unique thing to do that nobody's thought of, or everyone's going to go "ho hum, seen it before."

Edited by Pixel Stick
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm... good point. It WOULD be a pretty nice conclusion if this was the series finale.

Though i'm still in the optimist camp, believing in the writers and their ability to one-up themselves in a positive way.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm sorry, but I just watched the finale and I just had to get this out.

This finale was so awesome! It was so awesome that if you were to look up the word "awesome" in the dictionary, the bottom of the section on the definition would read "See TWILIGHT'S KINGDOM!!!" :D :D :D

As others have probably said or probably thinking right now, it's going to be pretty hard for the writers to top this finale, but I feeling optimistic. I have faith in their equine-based, friendship-centered writing abilities. Looking forward to season 5. :)

(R.I.P. Ponyville Library 2010-2014)

Edited by fantasyTheorist

Tirek: Don't tell me the once great Discord is now friends with ponies.

Discord: You're mistaken. This isn't just friendship, it's friendship with benefits. Especially with Fluttershy.

Tirek: Fluttershy?

Discord: You just haven't seen her flank. Oh, do I have a saddle and crop with her name on it. Giggty.

• Brohoof 1

Tirek: Don't tell me the once great Discord is now friends with ponies.

Discord: You're mistaken. This isn't just friendship, it's friendship with benefits. Especially with Fluttershy.

Tirek: Fluttershy?

Discord: You just haven't seen her flank. Oh, do I have a saddle and crop with her name on it. Giggty.

post-12487-0-46711600-1400363422.jpg

Seriously, though, that's pretty funny. :)

No, it doesn't make me feel better. In my experience, something this epic is difficult to follow up, and I'm really afraid they're going to have to go so over the top to one-up this finale that there won't be any magic in it.

Maybe I really am in a tiny minority here, but I don't want to see this show jump the shark. I don't want to see it go to ridiculous extremes in an effort to keep its momentum. I don't want to see them set the bar so high that they can't possibly top it.

The next super-villain to come along is going to have to do even more than Tirek did. It won't be enough to just nearly destroy Equestria and subvert everyone and all but kill its leaders. Either the next villain has to cross a line that I'm sure this show doesn't want to cross (like actually killing someone), has to find some incredibly unique thing to do that nobody's thought of, or everyone's going to go "ho hum, seen it before."

Don't doubt Hasbro just yet, I think Twily's Kingdom was just the beginning of what they can really do. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I realized what this episode reminded me of. Even more than Dragonball Z (which I'm not very familiar with), it reminded me of the final episode of Trigun. It had a very similar epic battle where the two opponents were literally equally matched for most of it.

The big difference in my opinion was that that was the end of that show. And I thought it was a very satisfying ending. Not so sure I feel the same way here.

It had a very similar epic battle where the two opponents were literally equally matched for most of it.

Equally? Twily clearly had the upper hand here.

Spike: Twilight, why are you filling out stacks of paperwork?
Twilight: I just had a visit from the Mayor of Ponyville, earlier. She was really mad.
Spike: Mad about what?
Twilight: All of this. The castle and me being a princess. She feels threaten that I might take over control of Ponyville.
Spike: That's just silly.
Twilight: Really. The Mayor was like, "You can't just magically build a castle where ever you damn well please. You need to have the local consent first and adhere to building regulations. But I guess since you're a princess, you can do as you please and will be abolishing the local government. So please Princess Twilight, tell me and the Ponyville laws to **** off."
Spike: So what happen?
Twilight: So I told her to **** off. Then she abolished the Ponyville government and left it in a state of anarchy.
Spike: Okay, so that's why every pony wanted to do those weird things to me. So what about these papers?
Twilight: I'm trying to write some new laws and a Constitution. It will put all the power to my friends with me having the final say on all matters.
Spike: Brilliant, I guess.
Twilight: By the way, try not to burn any books. I'm making damaging books a grave offense. So I don't want you to have to share a spot with Tirek.
Spike: O_O;