S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

HOLY CRAP WAS THAT FIGHT SCENE EPIC!!! After watching that second part with the fight I was like "Was I just watching My little Pony or Dragon Ball Z?!" It was that epic. It was like DHX put a whole lot of effort into that fight scene. And the reintroduction of a G1 villain was beyond cool too.

• Brohoof 2

Let me just tell you: I may be new to the fandom and most of you wouldn't agree with what I think about the show, but there is no doubt that this was the best most awesomeest episode and season. Man, what a great/fantastic/awesome morning I had yesterday.

That Tirak/Twilight battle was so epic. It reminded me of Dragon Ball Z. Giant beams, smashing into cliffs, turning giant... The usual.

• Brohoof 3

I'm don't really think there's going to be a seventh element.. wouldn't work right.  :umad: is a friend, nonetheless. Besides, he's the spirit of chaos.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't stop watching this, the synchronization is perfect. That's a huge coincidence.

I compiled the two and made it into an actual video, that way you don't have to manually sync it each time. It has the original poster's stamp of approval

I'm telling you this completely for your own benefit. Definitely not because I absord attention like Tirek absorbs magic.

Edited by EquineWhoDoesStuff
  • Brohoof 1

Is it me or did this episode forshadow Discord as a possible candidate for a 7th secret element?

I like the way you think :D I wonder what his element would be, Element of Change, Forgiveness- Hmmm I wonder?

If this episode doesn't get us a Discord blind bag figure then I don't know what will...

I'd buy a bunch of them, put them around my room to complete my shrine to all things Discord.

I just want to say that I think these two episodes were the best episodes every made. The MLP crew really outdid themselves on the whole thing. Writing, plot, epicness. I sort of suspected Discord would turn bad again even before this episode aired. I figured it would be needed as a plot point. But I really think him turning to evil again, getting humiliated, and then being shown forgiveness was necessary for solidifying him as a reformed character, friend to the mane 6, a frequent reoccurring character, and also to teach him the final lesson he needed to learn in order to understand the magic of friendship. I hope they add more of Discord in season 5, I can't get enough of him. It was pretty insane though to know that Discord is powerful enough to deal with Tirek in the beginning, but then I was completely horrified when he got his magic sucked out of him and he was all weak and sad. I hate to say this, but even as a 25yr old adult, this episode scared me and hit me hard in the feels. It's going to take me a couple months to forgive Discord for making Fluttershy cry like that. But seriously though, Tirek is the best villain we've had- I don't know how they're going to match that epicness when they introduce the new villain in season 5.

On a final note, Discord must be wicked old if he's familiar with Tiredk- even compared to Celestia and Luna.

(edited)

Honestly, this episode did not impress me as much as I hoped. And no, I'm not saying the end fight was anti-climatic, far from it. This is just a few of my biggest complaints against the story itself.

1) Twilight has had a WHOLE SEASON to settle into her role as princess. Are we still upset she's an alicorn? The show should have moved passed this but we haven't seen a lot of Twilight-centric episodes this season and it turns out her very first princess responsibility was stopping Equestria's single worst enemy... no pressure.

2) This episode had waaaaaaaaaaaay too much exposition. It had so much that it actually robbed Celestia and Luna of their character. Much of their appearance did nothing but set events in motion, and personally, it would have been nice seeing Celestia be a mentor to Twilight and not just a task master.

3) Tirak's character has been all used up. Just like Discord, the full extent of his power has been introduced in just one episode and now he's been defeated. There is nothing else to learn about him. I was not really a fan of Tirak anyways because he has a simpleminded might-is-right morality that makes him little more than a foil for our heroes.

4) I know the magic box has been building up for a while and I've been excited to see it opened. But inside, the Mane Six happened to discover a magical power that had no foreshadowing and also happened to be there just when they were at their weakest. The Elements of Harmony were at least talked about when they sought to use them against Nightmare Moon. To only make it worse, they didn't even investigate this new power and didn't even mention it's name when it seemed appropriate to wonder these things. "Rainbow Power"

5) Twilight's Library... I'll be honest, this is a personal thing. But destroying the place she's called home makes me wanna cry, but the show rushed it's way passed that and gave her a castle that doesn't have the same homey feel about it. I feel like Twilight's lost a lot more than the show cares to explain (that's a first).

Seriously, I don't even want to dislike this episode. If anything, I want to be thrilled and excited, but Meghan McCarthy has compared Twilight's Kingdom to her other crowning achievement, Canterlot Wedding. The mystery surrounding Cadence and Queen Chrysalis was an ever-thickening plot that had viewers second guessing themselves until the truth revealed itself to be more terrifying than anyone ever expected. Twilight's Kingdom, by comparison, was thinner and spent most of its time establishing the characters instead of thrusting them into the action. Having been tasked with stopping Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis AND Sombra, I found it condescending that Celestia put Twilight into hiding while all us viewers knew she'd have to battle Tirak eventually. Did we really expect it to end any other way?

If anyone wants to prove me wrong, please, go ahead. I am kinda loosing my faith in the MLP writing staff cuz I don't think Meghan McCarthy knows where she wants this series to take our heroes all that well. I don't want my love of MLP to fade and I don't want to sound like a killjoy but I could seriously use some convincing.

Edited by Stancet
  • Brohoof 1

This two parter was completely epic. Way to end season 4 with a bang! I don't think there is anything I would change about it. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

(edited)

Found this and thought I'd share. LMAO!!!

Mhbyyzm.jpg

EXACTLY! That's why I find the library's death such a momentous loss!

Edited by Stancet

Bloody fantastic episode. Pony DBZ all the way. I really enjoyed seeing Discord being fleshed out even more - that internal battle of wanting to be lord of chaos vs wanting to keep his friends was perfect.

However - cop-out ending is cop-out. The whole Friendship-epic-blast to knock Tirek back to hell was an eye rolling moment. Tirek didn't once think of locking them up and breaking his end of the deal after taking her magic? He locked up the other princesses after they were helpless, why not the girls?

I just didn't like the One-hit knock out. It was not a worthy end to a villain such as this. He deserved more than what he got. In fact, I'd prefer it  if the season ended when he took her magic so Season 5 we see Equestria under his rule while the girls try to stop him. He deserved another 2 part episode.

I like the fact that in this episode they brought back a G1 villian Tirek (I am spelling that right?) who had not been seen since 

the '80s. This also makes me wonder about the cannonical connection between G1 and G4 if there is indeed any. 

I'm also glad that the other five members of the Mane Six got some recognition too and were needed to help Twilight Sparkle. 

This makes it a much better season finale then "Magical Mystery Cure" which was basically a Twilight Sparkle ego 

fest. 

The rainbowfied ponies (although those of us who paid attention to merchandise could probably see it coming) was a nice 

touch too. 

(edited)

Found this and thought I'd share. LMAO!!!

img-2623429-1-Mhbyyzm.jpg

She should have traded them. :P

Poor Twilight, I really hope the destruction of her library will be mentioned in the season 5.

Edited by Blobulle

One thing to consider.... Season five is traditionally where one of the main cast goes to the dark (Willow, Fred....buster) so watch out for one of the Mane 6 turning Fully Evil....

• Brohoof 1

HA! That's laughable. G1 is much better than what we have now. The ponies were actually ponies. The animation was hand drawn and painted. The toys were even better. I mean with the G4 toys they are all the same just with recolors. For example Lula moon (Trixie) Looks like Twilight Sparkle. The G1 ponies may have used the same four or five molds with different poses and similar faces they STILL looked like individuals. Plus their cutie marks are on both sides. To say that G1 was bad is a joke.

I don't really feel that I can argue back since I have extremely limited knowledge on G1. I am not old enough to know about the toys and i don't really like/collect figures, not even in G4. When I said G1 was bad I said the show itself was bad. it is the same quality as the original Transformers cartoon. It has an old "80's charm," but that charm never appealed to me. I only was able to watch the original episode with Tirek in it, but nothing about the show made me want to watch more unlike G4. It was just boring... nothing stood out. It wasn't exactly "bad" just not good.

It seemed to me like there was an implied timeskip there. And then the ambassadors being all "Thanks for understanding our desire to keep this all secret." To me, it just seems weird that they would throw that out there if it didn't mean anything.

I caught that too, and I believe S5 may finally have an episode where we finally see what is beyond Equestria.

One thing to consider.... Season five is traditionally where one of the main cast goes to the dark (Willow, Fred....buster) so watch out for one of the Mane 6 turning Fully Evil....

Or ... Changelling infiltration

O-o

Well, after finally getting my internet back earlier today as well as avoiding anyone or anypony who's seen the finale, I finally got to play catch up and WOW WOW WOW is all I can say.  :D

Tirek DEFINITELY wins my award role for best villain in a TV show, Flash Sentry got to speak a few words and plus, nearly every single pony we've seen were all in it, albeit with cameo appearances.  :)

Season 4 has passed now...sadly a very long wait until Season 5, I hope for more awesomeness by then as many of you have said,  B)

i really liked this finale a lot, twilight went from princess of useless to super sayin, it was amazing, i really loved the DBZ fight at the end,

im also very suprised that there wasnt a huge fan outrage at the library getting blown up and replaced with a tree castle lol, remembering what happened with twilicorn, i totally expected there to be a huge fan back lash XD

i tottally cried when the episode finnished because it was good ass heaven and i watched it like 25 times after and every song made me cry and just soo awesome 

#out of 10 my vote is so high it is unknown