Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 New Non Pony Species for Season 5

Maud Pie Rocker

So for those who want new non ponies here they are:

1. Harpy; half person half bird. is very fast and can STRIKE back!

2. Naga; half person half snake. Like Medusa and can turn people to stone. Slithering near the gazebos and ready to turn people to stone!

3. Scorpion Demon; half person half scorpion. In the desert and represent the art of swordsmanship.

4. Senitaur; NOT a pony race/species but is half person half horse. Not really much information.

5. Mermaid; Eh, you get the point. As a half fish, they breathe and live underwater with webbed hands and ears, fish skin they have nothing to loose!

6. Fairies; A magical creature, they are commonly small but some are big. The have limited magic.

7. Genies; My favorite, can magically dance and are the most powerful magical being in the realm.

8. Spider Person; Has a spider body, they shoot venom and webbing. They have teeth so sharp it can make you pass out.

9. Elves; Magical and tiny people who are known to work for Santa and be jolly. Well that's what some say...

10. Leprechauns; Lucky characters that mean good luck, hide and run and having fun.

Your thoughts and ideas?

Wait, aren't these equestrian? I don't think humanoids can exist, if there aren't humans. :eww:

Although... Mermaids?

tumblr_lqcfjpHeGT1qincmao1_500.jpg

People told me enough pony species/race and more mythology. 'Nuff said.

Confirmed canon :D Like, is going to happen in S5 :D

Well I dunno what confirmed canon is but I hope it is going to happen in S5.

Those choices just don't make a lot of sense, except for the Harpies.  I so want to see those.  Well, here's my own list in no particular order:

• Harpy (like I said)
  • Goldhorn (I'm actually incorporating one into that fanfic I'm releasing in June)
  • Qilin
  • Vukodlak
  • Salamander (fire elemental)
  • Tsuchigumo (spider person)
  • Ahool (giant bat)
  • Owlbear (it is canon)
  • Sleipnir
  • Quetzelcoatl (Or are they Draconiqui?  Please tell me they're Draconiqui.)

Some of these could work.

So much to choose from.

Kabeiroi (Metal horses could be considered Golem-esque)

Basilisk - Worked for Harry Potter

Cercopes - Monkey like thieves

Charybdis - if they use Sea Ponies

Catoblepas - "Smellllls Baaaad"

Ouroboros

There's only one species I want to see and that is a Qilin.

Qilin is basically a hooved dragon. I would love to see a Qilin as a villain. I can imagine a Qilin talking Spike into turning back into the crazy dragon he was in "Secret of my Excess".

The Qilin could be like "Oh Spike don't you know? You will outlive all your friends. As you grow bigger and stronger, the ponies will learn to fear you as time passes. You will end up being an outcast and all alone. The only way to prevent this is to collect all the ponies and kept them safe as part of your treasures. That way you will never be alone~!"

...wow that got dark.

I do tend to like the idea of ponies facing off against all kinds of mythical beasts. I must admit, we need more of it in the show.

Hmm... I liked the idea of a Basilisk that someone mentioned before.

Must... Have... more... EPIC BATTLES!

• 3 months later...

Non-pony species I wanna see

Qilins

Satyrs (NOT the kinds that bronies tend to usually draw)

Nagas

Harpies

Reindeer

Llamas

Moose

Other African animals beyond zebras (such as antelopes, giraffes, hippos, and wildebeasts)

More centaurs

Nymphs

Mammoths

Goblins

Others could include:

Wyverns

Basilisks

tarrasques

Lindworms

Nightmares as a race

Gargoyles

Edited by vgmaster9

Harpies would be interesting, and I like the naga idea.  I don't see centaurs happening, or mermaids for that matter.  Their human halves are just not animalistic enough.  Personally, I feel we have a diverse enough world for now, and I'd like to see things like the chimera, minotaur, and dragon races explored and developed.  I'd also like to see the  goats, donkeys, zebras, and pretty much every other non-pony race tracked to their native homeland and expanded upon.  Like, are there capicorns in the goatlands, like there are seaponies near Equestria?  Are giraffes a full civilization?  What about the zillion different types of cervine?  Do they get cities and kingdoms too?

[Pinkie Pie Suspicious Mode]

I have this weird feeling that the OP is actually a Hasbro marketing developer making a research to know what would the fans be willing to watch, so they can put it on the show, make toys out of it and profit
[/Pinkie Pie Suspicious Mode] 

Edited by Caleb Rosengard

Alraunes. If you don't know what they are, they're half-human half-flower. Instead of half-human, they could be half-pony. Nah, in all due seriousness, how about some reptiles? I don't think elves are strictly necessary, unless it's possible to think of a ponified elf species that isn't too similar to unicorns.

Harpies would be interesting, and I like the naga idea.  I don't see centaurs happening, or mermaids for that matter.  Their human halves are just not animalistic enough.  Personally, I feel we have a diverse enough world for now, and I'd like to see things like the chimera, minotaur, and dragon races explored and developed.  I'd also like to see the  goats, donkeys, zebras, and pretty much every other non-pony race tracked to their native homeland and expanded upon.  Like, are there capicorns in the goatlands, like there are seaponies near Equestria?  Are giraffes a full civilization?  What about the zillion different types of cervine?  Do they get cities and kingdoms too?

Tirek is a centaur, remember? I wouldn't mind seeing more of those. I think the sea ponies would be the mermaids of the show (though they could look more like a hippocampus).

I'm kinda doubtful we will even see 10 new non pony species in S5's entirety to be honest.

I can't really say what they may be, because idk, but I kinda doubt any humonoids will be present, it just seems like they'd be weird.

Otherwise idk.

I'm kinda doubtful we will even see 10 new non pony species in S5's entirety to be honest.

I can't really say what they may be, because idk, but I kinda doubt any humonoids will be present, it just seems like they'd be weird.

Otherwise idk.

Well if we have things like diamond dogs and minotaurs, I'm sure we can have other humanoids as well.

Speaking of diamond dogs, I'd love to see more originally made species for the show as well.

• Brohoof 1