Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were your previous display names, and why did you pick them?

Snow Frostflame

Mirrorwing was my original. I chose it because if my oc, Mirror Wing.

Then I became Sage of Six Mirrors, a maturity reference. I had six ocs with the word Mirror in thier name. Mirror wing, Mirror Image, Mirrorshard, Mirror Quake, Stronghammer the Mirror, and Mirror Slash. The reference was to the sage if such paths.

The came Patch Adams. It was a tribute to the late Robin Williams.

And finally, we have my current one. I got bored and read Calvin and Hobbes.

For a long time, I pretty much used the same username everywhere. I decided that I needed to have a little bit of variation. When trying to think of a username, I considered my fascination with astronomy. I thought of prominent celestial bodies, and eventually decided I'd name myself after the Omega Centauri star cluster

Old profile pics

post-27847-0-46591500-1414718056_thumb.png

post-27847-0-50567300-1414718058_thumb.jpg

post-27847-0-41188400-1414718059_thumb.png

Edited by Omega Centauri

• 6 months later...

I've... changed my display name more often than I'm proud to admit... :please:

At the start, I called myself Edwardo_Brony, since I used to go by Edwardo_Boi on some sites before that and wanted my username here to be more relevant to the fandom.

Later on, I changed it slightly for a while into Edwarda_Bronette... it was never intended to be permanent; the only reason I changed it was to find out if anypony- with that and my (IMO) feminine personality combined- would start to believe I'm a girl. Nopony fell for it. ;~;

After that came a few unique usernames. For less than an hour, I was 'Princess_M is best' so to friendly tease Princess_Moonlight and coax her into changing her username too for a little while... I still have the evidence. >:3 I returned to being Edwardo_Brony for a month after that, then changed to WoofWoof~ since I felt nostalgic for Bobobo and one of the attacks in that show was called 'Woof Woof', I recalled (somehow...). 

Now, I'm Senpai~, and for the sake of sanity of stability, I will stay as I am, always Senpai~. I think...  :rarity:  

(edited)

I've changed my username quite a few times. They were: CrazyTwilight,ThatAwkwardBookworm,ThatPurpleBookworm,MissPurpleBookworm,and MissBookworm *inhales to catch breath*.

Okay so I have several stories of why I changed them:

When I joined the forums in June 2013, I decided to come up with the name CrazyTwilight. I think I only posted a few times before I logged off and forgot about the forums for a long time.

When I rediscovered the forums, I changed my name to ThatAwkwardBookworm (because I can be awkward and I love books! Get it??). So over the course of a few months I've changed my name to different variants of ThatAwkwardBookworm. Eventually, I got tired of the name plus I began to loose interest in reading. So after much thinking, I changed my name to Sommar. This is the Swedish word for "summer", my favorite season (I don't actually live in Sweden; I just like their culture and language). So there you have it. The stories of my usernames. :P

Edited by Sommar

My first display name was "Rain Crasher", the name of my first OC. After about a few months, i got tired of people calling me a girl  and changed it to "Rosemary"; my 6th OC of the alternate timeline element bearing oc's. because i wanted an oc to represent me and she was the closest thing i had to Fluttershy(Fan of her at the time). Then finally, i chose "Candy Star", my persona and OC alike. since i gotten to like Pinkie Pie, i made an persona and oc that had one of her traits and i've stuck with it ever since. 

First, I started out with the name I have now. Then I changed it to CC_FlutterMaud. It all started when I wanted to make my avatar Christmasey and I couldn't find a Maud Pie Christmas picture. I ended up finding a Fluttershy one and I changed my username to fit the avatar. After Christmas ended, I went back to my current username. Then I had an idea to change my name into a character from the show Pablo the Little Red Fox; Poppy_The_Vixen. Eventually, I went back to my original username because that's what most members here know me as.

Oh man. I've had tons of name changes...

Samurott77

Royal Samurott

Royal Blue Jay

Tropical Rain

Rose petal Rain

Cinnamon Spice

Spice

• 7 years later...

Well my first display name was Skystreak24 but then I kept changing it to various OCs I had at the time.

Most notably I had the name PrettyinPipp and kept switching between that and my current one, but I'm staying with Savygriffs. 

Mine has always been Dreambiscuit and hasn’t changed since I signed up here. I sometimes make a temporary change for holidays and special occasions; mostly Halloween and Star Wars day. Among them: Screambiscuit, Cryptbiscuit, Bonebiscuit, Bloodbiscuit, Sith Biscuit, Darth Theta, Togrutabiscuit, and Bagel Organa. But I always go back to my original in the end.

It was Sunny man and Izzy man but now short it to Sunny & Izzy man cos Sunny and Izzy are my favorite ponies. It not about shipping. Put it as Sunny man and Izzy man to tell people I love both these ponies, and nothing to do with shipping as this fandom seem to be into much.

brony_bonk, because i was (and still am!) really into TF2. dapper_donkey because my ponysona used to be a donkey. Kn0xDaF0x, my retired fursona’s name and species. 

it’s just gonna keep changing. i can’t help it!! :umad:

Edited by Dumb_l1l_p0neh

On 2022-11-24 at 11:26 AM, outlaw_f0x said:

brony_bonk, because i was (and still am!) really into TF2. dapper_donkey because my ponysona used to be a donkey. Kn0xDaF0x, my retired fursona’s name and species. 

it’s just gonna keep changing. i can’t help it!! :umad:

aaaaand now it’s been changed from dumb_l1l_p0neh (cuz that’s what i am!!) to outlaw_f0x! still the same p0neh behind the screen though :derp:

1 hour ago, outlaw_f0x said:

aaaaand now it’s been changed from dumb_l1l_p0neh (cuz that’s what i am!!) to outlaw_f0x! still the same p0neh behind the screen though :derp:

My very first name from back in 2014 was Sylvaria.

Why? Because Elves! I love the Elves from LOTRs! Their principles and graceful mannerisms are such goals <3 

Then, I realized "wait a second -- I'm in a PONY forum! Show some respect!" So I changed it to Magical Mare. Why? BECAUSE MAGIC!! <3 I freakin love magic. Whether fantasy magic, stage magic, friendship magic-- magic is just awesome!!! It's too easy to buy a gift for me since my friends know anything magic makes me happy -- even if it's a derpy wizard pondering an orb :laugh:

Then, I chose Star Silk in honor of my OC...
Silky Ghost in honor of spooktober 
Silk from the stars cause -- I dunno, whimsical? XD 
Silk Cookieholic as an inside joke with @Sir Hugsalot

And now...

NOW LOOK AT ME.... my current name... 
Don't ask! Don't look at me! Turn away now :yeahno:

mlp-mylittlepony.gif

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, Princess Silky said:

My very first name from back in 2014 was Sylvaria.

Why? Because Elves! I love the Elves from LOTRs! Their principles and graceful mannerisms are such goals <3 

Then, I realized "wait a second -- I'm in a PONY forum! Show some respect!" So I changed it to Magical Mare. Why? BECAUSE MAGIC!! <3 I freakin love magic. Whether fantasy magic, stage magic, friendship magic-- magic is just awesome!!! It's too easy to buy a gift for me since my friends know anything magic makes me happy -- even if it's a derpy wizard pondering an orb :laugh:

Then, I chose Star Silk in honor of my OC...
Silky Ghost in honor of spooktober 
Silk from the stars cause -- I dunno, whimsical? XD 
Silk Cookieholic as an inside joke with @Sir Hugsalot

And now...

NOW LOOK AT ME.... my current name... 
Don't ask! Don't look at me! Turn away now :yeahno:

mlp-mylittlepony.gif

Lots of those names give you a reputation of respect Silky:bedeyes:  

Beside from this form- on my earliest times as a young kid even before I joined any online forums, “Johnny Pete” or “JP” was the nickname I used irl because I didn’t like my name at the time since it’s too generic. Then I started using that name online and carry on. I still use it for my twitter account for old time sake. But over time I stopped using that name because I kinda grew out from it and not many take it seriously to use it when I requested it. I then ended up with “Satrox” on my first forum I been on.  I was going to carry that name over here but that name carries bad memories so I drop that name completely and than want with “TBD”. I couldn’t think of a name to represent me, so I stick with that. 

• Brohoof 1