Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TailsIsNotAlone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqnrwpvoEo

True, you can't understand a word they're saying but the video says it all. I've been waiting for this! Finally, MLP is coming to Japan! :wub:

You guys know what this means right?? The single greatest thing that will EVER befall this world: MLP episodes in Japanese with English subtitles. I thought this would happen MUCH sooner because this show is beyond perfect for Japanese audiences, but finally it's coming. Can you imagine what those voices are going to sound like, especially Pinkie's?! This country has some of the best voice actors in the world. I can't wait.  Ja  ne!

B)

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 21

Now where in Japan are they gonna find a cute soft-spoken meek voice for Fluttershy? There's no on in that country who could possibly sound like that. :P

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 5

I'm more actually interested to see if their will be any "made in Japan" figures or not... if there is, I would probably pick up a s. h. figart pony for the lol

Super Sentai /Pony crossover please.

Mighty Equine Flower Rangers.

They already have six rangers with different colors, Discords as hammy as a latex suited super villain, they have a wise mentor who will guide them (who gifted them with powers derived from magic trinkets like every ranger season)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that's pretty neat, personally i love Japan as a country and i'm quite sure that the type of animation & storytelling is going to catch on there aswell. Either way the show will be introduced to another huge audience, that's great news. ^_^

Hello!

I'll be the first to ask. Why is this so exciting? I personally, never liked anything the japanese dubed, and i really had enough of those KTSoooO!O!O!!!!!

Nothing to exciting, but it's great that MLP is becoming more and more popular.

• Brohoof 2

I hope it explodes in Japan. Considering how otaku culture basically is over there, is bound to appeal to an audience in a similar way it did over here.

If it does blow up over there. Hasbro better get ready for the Japanese Bronies. 

• Brohoof 2

Japanese bronies!! Yaayyy! :D

But that's cool how MLP is being aired there. Soon Japan will learn of it's awesomeness. Haha, I'm gonna have to see the dubbed episodes when it comes out. :P Wonder how they'll voice Rainbow Dash. XD

• Brohoof 2

I love Japan. I don't live there but it's awesome. It made Pokémon, my favorite video game series and one of my favorite movies [spirited Away].

Now I get to see Twi in Japanese.

Edit: Oh, right, and more bronies too

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

I hope MLP explodes in Japan. They make some pretty solid merc over there, it would be interesting to see what they can make. 

However to be completely honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Japanese voice actors :/

I know I'm in the minority here, but they just sound too 'squeaky' to me, especially the females. Not to sound creepy or anything, but when I hear the majority of female Japanese voice work, they always sound like their on the peak of an Orgasm with every line delivery >.> It disturbs me actually. 

Who knows, that might work well for a show like this, but I am almost positive I will prefer the English voices. 

Not gonna lie, I would love to see a spinoff of MLP:FiM in an anime eske style :3

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~
  • Brohoof 5

I can't wait to hear how much more high pitched pinkies Japanese voice actor talks, is such a thing even possible?

Japanese Voice actors are in a league of their own though. No way would i have watched Code Geass, Ano Hana or Steins; Gate if it were an Eglish dub.

This fanmade Japanese MLP title logo already looks cuter  :wub:

they always sound like their on the peak of an Orgasm with every line delivery

I love Japanese VA's but i do agree with you on this one. I can't stand when an anime has a cutesy character and insists on giving them this ridiculously, maybe it's just me but kind of sexual, voice. I've stopped watching a handful  anime because of this. I'd hate for this to happen to the Japanese version.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

I can' believe that they would allow MLP in japan since it goes against their moral code and all but I'll be watching every single jp dubbed episode.

What is the reason for that?  Japan LOVES cartoons, especially ones about the "magic" of friendship.  If there is a moral reason MLP would be a problem for the Japanese, I have no clue what it is.

I think MLP will be a big hit there.  :)

• Brohoof 2

What is the reason for that?  Japan LOVES cartoons, especially ones about the "magic" of friendship.  If there is a moral reason MLP would be a problem for the Japanese, I have no clue what it is.

I think MLP will be a big hit there.  :)

Japanese culture wants women to speak and behave in a certain way, women even speak the language differently from men.The mane 6 are all women and their behavior is pretty radical in japan.

Wow... I was never a fan of anime, but I liked anime a lot as a kid... I liked the voices of JP too

If it goes to JP... Then I'm probably going to watch it!

The best part will be that I can partly understand it because I know Japanese...

Japanese culture wants women to speak and behave in a certain way, women even speak the language differently from men.The mane 6 are all women and their behavior is pretty radical in japan.

Twenty years ago, perhaps, but cultural norms have been undergoing a major shift for the past decade or so. No one in any position to do anything about it really cares.

[edit: oh, and, oh-god-I-can't-wait  :wub: ]

Edited by BananaSplit
  • Brohoof 3

Do you have any idea how excited I am for this.

No, because none of you know how much I adore Japanese dubs. Or the entire language, for that matter.

Regardless of the quality- which is bound to be good, given what I've seen of other Japanese dubs- you can bet I'll watch this one all the way through.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

That actually sounds awesome! And I agree with you on the voice actors there! I always turn the language setting to Japanese in most of my games. I can't wait to see what happens!  :P

• Brohoof 1

I expect the Japanese fans to bash the Japanese dub because it isn't in english. I'm pretty sure that there will be complaint about how one character would say "it" instead of "that" because it was translated differently

• Brohoof 1

This is going to get so huge in Japan, firstly Japan is the nerdiest country on the planet they have an established manga/cartoon culture that has been around and has been considered socially acceptable for all ages and genders to partake in for even longer than ours. Many Japanese people especially the youth are just as fascinated with American cartoons and comics as many Americas are with manga and anime. Friendship is a huge theme in many of these animes and mangas even in Shonen (boys) and adult oriented ones so "Friendship is Magic" won't turn very many of them off. And there isn't as much of a stigma there for men to be into cartoons that are "for little girls." I am honestly surprised MLP didn't make it to Japan sooner.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4