Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If: Disney Buys Hasbro

Crystallize

(edited)

Seeing as they're buying everything these days, its possible Hasbro is their next target. Mainly to get the rights to  things like Transformers to further try and appeal to males, but this'll only take MLP with it. If Disney were to buy Hasbro the next day and chose to place new people in charge of MLP: FIM what would your reaction be and would you continue watching the show?

Edited by Crystallize
  • Brohoof 1

Misleading title is misleading.

I honestly wouldn't mind it. I love all things animated by Disney. They would undoubtedly do wonders for the show's animations and songs so long as they didn't follow Frozen's example.

• Brohoof 13

(edited)

For the sake of maintaining a politically correct level of refrainment from public antisemitism, all I will say is this.

If that ever happens...

I should probably clarify, I'm not fat...   ... ... ... So if there are any nice pegasisters out there I would be interested! :D  ...  Just saying. 

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 3

As evil, overpowered, corrupt corporations go, they don't come much worse than Disney.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love the classic Disney movies, and a lot of the Disney Pixar stuff too.  But the fact is, they're not a great company.  I haven't done the research and collected enough facts to be able to defend this thesis, however, so don't ask me to.  I have friends who know a great deal about this type of thing, but I don't remember the specific examples well enough to explain them.  Imo, Disney has their claws in enough things.  I don't want them to have MLP too.  I fear that would ruin the show.

• Brohoof 7

Well, I don't like the idea. Hasbro was allowed to lightly tread into a darker scene in the Season 4 finale, and I don't think Disney would be up to that. Now don't get me wrong, I love Disney ,

Classic or New. I just want Ponies to stay with Hasbro

• Brohoof 2

If DHX still handles the animation and is given creative freedom in its writing, then I don't see what could go wrong.

If Disney decides to take either one of those elements, then I hope to Celestia Disney doesn't touch Hasbro.

• Brohoof 3

That'd be awesome. I looveee Disney. We could have pony avengers. But would it be possible for this to happen? I don't thjnk Hasbro would sell itself.

I wouldn't really care.  Disney has been doing fantastic with their movies lately (Frozen and Maleficent).  But I doubt Hasbro would sell.  They really have no reason to, they make enough money, I'd imagine.

Hmm, not a big Disney fan, although from what I've read and seen, Frozen is a pretty good movie, and Coraline was good as well. Although I know at the very least, Coraline was based off a novel that had nothing to do with Disney. My only complaint is that they are likely with the Illuminati, since they're one of the biggest companies (if not the biggest, at least after Microsoft).

If Disney buys Hasbro, it really depends on who has creative control over the series. I'm sure DHX would still have control over the series, so I would just continue to watch it like nothing ever happened. If Disney took over though, I feel like it may ruin things for me. I would probably stop watching episodes, and read the comics, and watch fan animations, so my memories of MLP don't become tainted.

• Brohoof 1

If Disney left MLP and the team the way it was , I wouldn't mind. What they have done with Marvel and soon Star Wars have been great so far

Disney... is dangerous. Recently they've been doing quite well with their acquired assets (Marvel, etc.), however historically they as a company are extremely anti-fan. For those that think Hasbro is too free with cease and desists? You've not experienced the terror that is the Disney Legal Team. No more MLP fan-made videos of *any* kind, or comics, or PMVs, or anything. Disney sues daycares when they have Disney-owned characters painted on their walls.

However, Wander over Yonder landed with Disney, and Lauren and Craig *seem* to be happy with the arrangement, so it's possible Disney has finally grown up a bit and isn't as prone to legal temper tantrums as they were under Eisner. I'd still be cautious however, as a corporation that size doesn't change that drastically that fast.

(edited)

Misleading title is misleading.

Right! I was about to go nuts since Disney is best at merchandizing a brand. And then I read the post. :(

If Disney did acquire Hasbro then I could safety say they would have a controlling share of my nostalgia at that point!

Edit: I should no better than to refresh after a gateway timeout. Sorry for the temp double post

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

Disney is part of the evil empire and a traitor, take it away!

Seriously, though. Of all the worst possible things, this would be THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Look at the bright side, it could mean Lauren Faust's return to MLP  :derp: Now seriously, Disney has been doing awesome things with Marvel and Star Wars, I'm also a Disney fan so I wouldn't mind.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 1

You should add in the title of your topic "What if..."

Anyway, I'd fear they'd change everything. Hasbro and Disney are 2 (very?) different companies.

It depends. If they pull a classic disney, then expect FiM to once again turn into the pink isle, girls and flowers, characters that are cardboard tropes, and everypony is a princess. But I'd hope they'd learn from that, and just keep it the same, and stand back a bit and let DHX run the show.

But knowing major companies, if they did acquire it, I'd expect royal canterlot wedding 2:electric boogalo and the swan song of love solves everything when you wear pink and are a princess.

• Brohoof 1